✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Race (unreleased song)

Soundcloud description from the last snippett:

transmission ceased

the race is over

perhaps

no more or no less

smdio

καλός εἶδος σκοπέω [it means something like "I see a good figure/idea" in ancient Greek]

Edited by Guest

I hear a bit more than the first snippet though. At the end you can hear "heart is a volcano".

Well, yeah, that bit is new but still... it’s not the full song so... I’m not putting my hopes too high for a full release soon. This guy is trolling us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, yeah, that bit is new but still... it’s not the full song so... I’m not putting my hopes too high for a full release soon. This guy is trolling us.

Yeah I think he has it, but is just messing with people and looking for attention.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A

Hi, everyone.

Glad to join the great community.

I REALLY love a lot of Coldplay's unreleased material, so it's great topic.

I lost the Viva demos many years ago. I remember loving The Fall of Man and its beautiful chorus.

Aren't the VLV demos on YouTube?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nik120 said:

Dunno why nobody's talking about it, but it seems like new snippet of The Race:

https://dbree.org/v/08f0f5

Btw lyrics completely matches one of the  previous 9523523113 's message:

And I wont fall, I wont fall below

I wont fall, the colours all explode

LET'S GO! This sounds so good! Let's hope the boys release this banga before it more or less gets leaked to oblivion. 

Holy hell this came outta nowhere! 
Chris reaching those high notes again! Is this a piece of the chorus perhaps? I would’ve thought the chorus would have been repetitions of that opening verse (whatever it takes). 
The beat I notice is very consistent and appears in all the segments of The Race that’s we’ve heard too.

Edit: On second listen, This is actually the next piece of the song from the segment we heard with that annoying audio watermark (www. whatever). It’s awesome flow from the verse to the chorus and I also noticed it had the riff that we heard from the AHFOD film underneath Chris’s “I won’t fall” lyric.

This would’ve been so powerful on Ghost Stories just sayin

Edited by The Jordanator
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Holy hell this came outta nowhere! 
Chris reaching those high notes again! Is this a piece of the chorus perhaps? I would’ve thought the chorus would have been repetitions of that opening verse (whatever it takes). 
The beat I notice is very consistent and appears in all the segments of The Race that’s we’ve heard too.

Edit: On second listen, This is actually the next piece of the song from the segment we heard with that annoying audio watermark (www. whatever). It’s awesome flow from the verse to the chorus and I also noticed it had the riff that we heard from the AHFOD film underneath Chris’s “I won’t fall” lyric.

This would’ve been so powerful on Ghost Stories just sayin

I hate to tell you this, guys, but this is certainly fake. Seems that someone just pasted the old AHFOD film snippet on top of another old snippet of The Race that had that part of the lyrics and this is the result of such "prank". You can tell by how the sound seems like a whole mess when the battery kicks in, there's no cohesion to it. Plus I can clearly remember the snippet that had the "I won't fall" part, 

I just hate it when some people play with the hopes of our community, laughing at us by throwing false demos/snippets or flexing about having them. 

I also hope Phil keeps his word on releasing The Race someday... Anyway guys, this snippet seems BS to me by said reasons...

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1