Jump to content
🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
9523523113

The Race (unreleased song)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Soundcloud description from the last snippett:

 

transmission ceased

the race is over

perhaps

no more or no less

smdio

καλός εἶδος σκοπέω [it means something like "I see a good figure/idea" in ancient Greek]

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first snippet we ever got can be easily edited to sound like this, just to keep fooling us. I'm not buying this...

I hear a bit more than the first snippet though. At the end you can hear "heart is a volcano".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear a bit more than the first snippet though. At the end you can hear "heart is a volcano".

 

Well, yeah, that bit is new but still... it’s not the full song so... I’m not putting my hopes too high for a full release soon. This guy is trolling us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, yeah, that bit is new but still... it’s not the full song so... I’m not putting my hopes too high for a full release soon. This guy is trolling us.

Yeah I think he has it, but is just messing with people and looking for attention.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another tease.

 

yeah sorry I was on the wrong page :D I changed my post

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh... here we go again....

 

Let's try not to post in this thread until something new about this song actually happens... Kidding! xD I almost have a nano-heart attack everytime I see this thread being replied :(

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A

Hi, everyone.

Glad to join the great community.

I REALLY love a lot of Coldplay's unreleased material, so it's great topic.

I lost the Viva demos many years ago. I remember loving The Fall of Man and its beautiful chorus.

Aren't the VLV demos on YouTube?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone.

Glad to join the great community.

I REALLY love a lot of Coldplay's unreleased material, so it's great topic.

I lost the Viva demos many years ago. I remember loving The Fall of Man and its beautiful chorus.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A

Aren't the VLV demos on YouTube?

I couldn't found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't found

Look up "viva la vida demos" on YouTube and you'll get a decent number of those tracks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF THERE ISN'T ANY NEWS ABOUT THIS SONG!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it seems that we will soon get The Race, maybe as the first single from Music of the Spheres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think so... We'll have to wait a lot more I guess... 

BTW We're not supposed to post in this thread unless something really happens! :O

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1313711775_Screenshot2020-05-02at16_34_05.thumb.png.197f64ce51fea8df1ead0421d027609e.pngThis definitely IS something :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ri3o said:

1313711775_Screenshot2020-05-02at16_34_05.thumb.png.197f64ce51fea8df1ead0421d027609e.pngThis definitely IS something :) 

It's just a tweet, I was talking about the actual sound file of the song :P hahah

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno why nobody's talking about it, but it seems like new snippet of The Race:

https://dbree.org/v/08f0f5

Btw lyrics completely matches one of the  previous 9523523113 's message:

And I wont fall, I wont fall below

I wont fall, the colours all explode

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wow this piece sounds fuller. (I mean the harmonies and instruments) And I think it's good news if I say it has a more present space atmosphere (Music of the Spheres)...

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nik120 said:

Dunno why nobody's talking about it, but it seems like new snippet of The Race:

https://dbree.org/v/08f0f5

Btw lyrics completely matches one of the  previous 9523523113 's message:

And I wont fall, I wont fall below

I wont fall, the colours all explode

LET'S GO! This sounds so good! Let's hope the boys release this banga before it more or less gets leaked to oblivion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Holy hell this came outta nowhere! 
Chris reaching those high notes again! Is this a piece of the chorus perhaps? I would’ve thought the chorus would have been repetitions of that opening verse (whatever it takes). 
The beat I notice is very consistent and appears in all the segments of The Race that’s we’ve heard too.

Edit: On second listen, This is actually the next piece of the song from the segment we heard with that annoying audio watermark (www. whatever). It’s awesome flow from the verse to the chorus and I also noticed it had the riff that we heard from the AHFOD film underneath Chris’s “I won’t fall” lyric.

This would’ve been so powerful on Ghost Stories just sayin

Edited by The Jordanator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Holy hell this came outta nowhere! 
Chris reaching those high notes again! Is this a piece of the chorus perhaps? I would’ve thought the chorus would have been repetitions of that opening verse (whatever it takes). 
The beat I notice is very consistent and appears in all the segments of The Race that’s we’ve heard too.

Edit: On second listen, This is actually the next piece of the song from the segment we heard with that annoying audio watermark (www. whatever). It’s awesome flow from the verse to the chorus and I also noticed it had the riff that we heard from the AHFOD film underneath Chris’s “I won’t fall” lyric.

This would’ve been so powerful on Ghost Stories just sayin

I hate to tell you this, guys, but this is certainly fake. Seems that someone just pasted the old AHFOD film snippet on top of another old snippet of The Race that had that part of the lyrics and this is the result of such "prank". You can tell by how the sound seems like a whole mess when the battery kicks in, there's no cohesion to it. Plus I can clearly remember the snippet that had the "I won't fall" part, 

I just hate it when some people play with the hopes of our community, laughing at us by throwing false demos/snippets or flexing about having them. 

I also hope Phil keeps his word on releasing The Race someday... Anyway guys, this snippet seems BS to me by said reasons...

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...