✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Race (unreleased song)

ago, stephen said:

Legends is a separate song. The seller that sold the race also had Legends, Heart on Fire and Gold. All AHFOD era songs (I believe). My theory is that the old GS version of the race was brought into the AHFOD recording sessions and that's why it leaked along with other AHFOD era tracks.

Are we talking about "Heart on Fire"? Somebody posted a 10-sec snippet of it on one of the facebook pages more than a month ago.

Btw I'm still wondering if the video for "Cemeteries of London" that was available on one of the director's page will see the light of the day. ? ?

Edited by michal91d
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, michal91d said:

Are we talking about "Heart on Fire"? Somebody posted a 10-sec snippet of it on one of the facebook pages more than a month ago.

Btw I'm still wondering if the video for "Cemeteries of London" that was available on one of the director's page will see the light of the day. ? ?

Cemeteries Of London? Where can I watch that video? :O 

2 hours ago, aaronm360 said:

Nowhere, because it doesn’t exist xD

It exists. I remember the thread about it on Coldplaying (however now this thread is removed). Some guy long time ago had it on his Vimeo page.

http://www.coldplayzone.it/news/sta-arrivando-il-video-di-cemeteries-of-london

We are talking about "The Race", however have anybody listened to the snippet "Heart on Fire"?

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

2 hours ago, michal91d said:

It exists. I remember the thread about it on Coldplaying (however now this thread is removed). Some guy long time ago had it on his Vimeo page.

http://www.coldplayzone.it/news/sta-arrivando-il-video-di-cemeteries-of-london

We are talking about "The Race", however have anybody listened to the snippet "Heart on Fire"?

Damn, I know it's so offtopic but I need that video in my life now... Thanks for letting me know this exists!

• Wow 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've been listening to the leaked version of "The Race" and, to me, it doesn't sound like any other song from Ghost Stories. I mean:

1) the production is not that minimalist, with a lot of echoes and vocal treatments, as well as a beat that does not seem to match that of GS;

2) the lyrics are not sad and reflective and resemble more those from AHFoD as they seem to refer to falling in love rather than going through a breakup (particularly those from the chorus);

3) the bridge "My heart is beating, the beat won’t stop I started sinking, drinking every drop" reminds me of "X Marks the Spot", in the way Chris sings on it;

4) references to kaleidoscopes were common in the AHFoD songs but not in those from GS.

So I was thinking, are we sure that the leaked version is really the original song from GS and not an early reworked version for AHFoD? It's just an hypothesis...

Also I can't remember the film edit of the song, have you managed to find it somewhere? ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi guys, I've been listening to the leaked version of "The Race" and, to me, it doesn't sound like any other song from Ghost Stories. I mean:

1) the production is not that minimalist, with a lot of echoes and vocal treatments, as well as a beat that does not seem to match that of GS;

2) the lyrics are not sad and reflective and resemble more those from AHFoD as they seem to refer to falling in love rather than going through a breakup (particularly those from the chorus);

3) the bridge "My heart is beating, the beat won’t stop I started sinking, drinking every drop" reminds me of "X Marks the Spot", in the way Chris sings on it;

4) references to kaleidoscopes were common in the AHFoD songs but not in those from GS.

So I was thinking, are we sure that the leaked version is really the original song from GS and not an early reworked version for AHFoD? It's just an hypothesis...

Also I can't remember the film edit of the song, have you managed to find it somewhere? ?

I read somewhere that the plan after MX was to do AHFOD. But then the breakup happened and they did Ghost Stories. So I wouldn't be surprised if that song or the idea happened long before the breakup. They were thinking of putting it on Ghost Stories but then decided to not include it (there is a picture with the Ghost Stories track list where it's listed), which makes sense since this song doesn't suit the album well. 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a video link but if you type: The Race by Coldplay video mashup on YT, it's the first video ?

Edited by X AND Y
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, X AND Y said:

I read somewhere that the plan after MX was to do AHFOD. But then the breakup happened and they did Ghost Stories. So I wouldn't be surprised if that song or the idea happened long before the breakup. They were thinking of putting it on Ghost Stories but then decided to not include it (there is a picture with the Ghost Stories track list where it's listed), which makes sense since this song doesn't suit the album well. 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a video link but if you type: The Race by Coldplay video mashup on YT, it's the first video ?

Thanks for the info, that's really interesting!

Yes, also, whether or not the leaked version of "The Race" is the one from Ghost Stories, the first lines of the song appeared also in the the original, given that Mila Fürstová etched them on the armillary sphere on the album cover! ?

• Like 2