✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2021-05-05] Chris Martin @ Dell Technologies World 2021

Captain Crieff

Took a ton screenshots. I'll edit them in photoshop and post 'em here later.

My daughters needs a nap, so need to parent first. Fun time. My favorite part was when Chris was on the floor for a bit, got a screenshot of that.

• Like 1
  • Care 1

Now this is IMO the ultimate earlier Coldplay (X&Y/VLV era) style version of SJLT with just Chris on piano!

Also, listen to Jonny's guitaaaaaarrrr (thanks to Chris' launch pad which was cool!)!

Chris sang really well today! A great performance :earmuffs:

• Like 3

I already know the setlist so I know there's nothing new, but I can't wait to watch this. I'll do so in a little bit, looks like a cool little concert with its own stage setup as opposed to the Instagram live streams from last year that were just Chris sitting at his piano at home and playing requests from the chat.

EDIT:

Alright, that was pretty good. Chris gave me Matt Bellamy vibes with his so-called "Coldplay in a box," especially when he was playing his guitar ? Just because Matt is an unconventional guitarist who puts a touch pad MIDI controller on his guitars:

Matt-Bellamy-at-Download-2015-by-Eleanor-Jane-2@2560x1707.thumb.jpg.eb50ac5350c2fa435e1d739b46f93b7f.jpg

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I already know the setlist so I know there's nothing new, but I can't wait to watch this. I'll do so in a little bit, looks like a cool little concert with its own stage setup as opposed to the Instagram live streams from last year that were just Chris sitting at his piano at home and playing requests from the chat.

EDIT:

Alright, that was pretty good. Chris gave me Matt Bellamy vibes with his so-called "Coldplay in a box," especially when he was playing his guitar ? Just because Matt is an unconventional guitarist who puts a touch pad MIDI controller on his guitars:

Matt-Bellamy-at-Download-2015-by-Eleanor-Jane-2@2560x1707.thumb.jpg.eb50ac5350c2fa435e1d739b46f93b7f.jpg

I had the exact same thought and wonder if this might become a bigger part of live performances? During Ghost Stories they had a lot of launchpads sitting around the stage but to be honest I never actually saw any bandmember use them (of course Guy used the laser harp, Will had an electronic drumpad and the special spherical table thing for Midnight, and Jonny played some keyboard like on Another's Arms and Midnight...but yeah, never saw the launchpads get touched). 

Cool performance anyhow and appreciate the prompt upload and ability to stream! I was surprised Chris didn't use the launchpad that's installed on the piano for either ASFOS or SJLT, which would've been fun with some beats or synths. But nonetheless his solo piano versions were super good this time with very interesting embellishments. AOAL was executed fairly impeccably, IMO!

• Like 1

I agree, the vocals were amazing. 

And I also agree that the piano only songs were super good, but I'm a big fan of their acoustic performances generally. 

I've had One For My Baby stuck in my head since yesterday, so beautiful. ?