✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Offical "The Killers" Thread

Kettercat

I was chatting to a friend earlier, an avid Killers fan, and we both agreed that Battle Born is their "Let's abandon what made our sound unique and be U2 instead" album. Their X&Y, The Resistance, Only By The Night, as it were.

It seems the draw of selling £50 concert tickets was too strong for Flowers and co...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chatting to a friend earlier, an avid Killers fan, and we both agreed that Battle Born is their "Let's abandon what made our sound unique and be U2 instead" album. Their X&Y, The Resistance, Only By The Night, as it were.

It seems the draw of selling £50 concert tickets was too strong for Flowers and co...

their unstaged concert was amazing :dance:, they only sang two songs from the new album, runaways and flesh and bone, I think runaways sounds much better live I really liked it ,and I liked flesh and bone although I didn't loved it but I think it's a really good song and it will grow on me : ).

Looks like they didnt show the whole set :/ At least they showed all of Coldplay's gig.. didnt they? Here is the full setlist from their show in NY.. I love the song "Here With Me" btw

Runaways

Somebody Told Me

Smile Like You Mean It

Spaceman

Flesh And Bone

For Reasons Unknown

Miss Atomic Bomb

Bling (Confession of a King)

Shadowplay

(Joy Division cover)

Human

Here With Me

A Dustland Fairytale

Forever Young

(Alphaville cover)

Read My Mind

Mr. Brightside

All These Things That I've Done

Encore:

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine

When You Were Young

Looks like they didnt show the whole set :/ At least they showed all of Coldplay's gig.. didnt they? Here is the full setlist from their show in NY.. I love the song "Here With Me" btw

Runaways

Somebody Told Me

Smile Like You Mean It

Spaceman

Flesh And Bone

For Reasons Unknown

Miss Atomic Bomb

Bling (Confession of a King)

Shadowplay

(Joy Division cover)

Human

Here With Me

A Dustland Fairytale

Forever Young

(Alphaville cover)

Read My Mind

Mr. Brightside

All These Things That I've Done

Encore:

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine

When You Were Young

We didnt see Shadowplay and Human.

Humble opinion.

Wow, battle born is frighteningly awful. What the hell happened?

Agreed. I was a big killers fan through the first two albums and some of sawdust, i could handle day and age a bit, this is pretty bad (minus a couple tunes). "I dont want your picture on my cell phone, i want you here with me." how could he write that lyric down and say oh that's good. I think there time has come and gone pretty much.

My track by track review

Flesh and Bone: Will go down as an instant classic and one of their best openers ever

Runaways: Good as a single but cant ever really get into it completely

The Way It Was: Kind of strange I loved this first listen but the more I listen the more I hate it.

Here With Me: I like the flow of this song but lyrically it's awful

A Matter Of Time: Only listened to this a few times! Easily the 2nd worst song on the album.

Deadlines and Commitments: The exact opposite of TWIW. Hated it at first but now I love it.

Miss Atomic Bomb: Loved it the first time I heard it live and love the studio version. Guaranteed this will be a single!

The Rising Tide: I like this song but grew tired of it cause heard live versions of it a year before.

Heart of a Girl: Worst song off the album. Listened once and never again!

Here On Out: Reminds me of The Clock Was Tickin' (Brandon Flowers) I prefer the live version

Be Still: This version of Coldplay's Up With The Birds. Album's best song that will most likely never get played live or become a single.

Battle Born: I really like this track and is good as the traditional closer but would have prefered Be Still closing.

Carry Me Home: Kind of disappointed with this song! I admit I jam to it at times though.

Flesh and Bone Remix: Hated all remixes on Sawdust but was suprised to find out this one was as good as original

Prize Fighter: Wish this wasnt a bonus track cause it's unbelievable! Should have replaced HoaG! Still cant believe that song made album.

My top 5 tracks

1. Be Still

2. Flesh and Bone

3. Prize Fighter

4. Deadlines and Commitments

5. Miss Atomic Bomb

7.5/10

Better than Muse's The 2nd Law (6.5/10) of most anticipated albums of 2012

I love love love this album, they didn't disappoint me at all (coughlikecoldplaydidcough), it's a breathe of fresh air after Day & Age for me, was not really fond of that one, never got into most of the tracks.

And I adore Heart Of A Girl, it's beautiful, it's about Brandon and his wife's first meeting, and Brandon's way of singing reminds me so much of Bono's (so I guess if you can't stand Bono you're not gonna like this one, your loss :P)

No but seriously, I'm so happy of this album, Brandon's voice has never been so powerful and full, can't wait to hear the new songs live in London in November :dance:

edit: this is Miss Atomic Bomb from Jimmy Kimmel (guess it's a kind of confirmation this will be the second single, if we didn't already knew from the sticker on the album)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_k6P3uXnk0]The Killers Perform "Miss Atomic Bomb" - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
I'm going to try to get tickets this thursday for their concert in Amsterdam next year. Not a huge fan, but a fan!

Yeah me too, I ordered tickets for Brussels, (It's closer from where I live than Amsterdam) Not a huge fan either, but I can sing along most of their songs and I HAVE to see them live once:D

Be still is a beautiful song, maybe my favorite already. For me it's like the up In Flames of Battleborn.

@harrisonrules They played Be Still live:D

Yeah me too, I ordered tickets for Brussels, (It's closer from where I live than Amsterdam) Not a huge fan either, but I can sing along most of their songs and I HAVE to see them live once:D

Be still is a beautiful song, maybe my favorite already. For me it's like the up In Flames of Battleborn.

@harrisonrules They played Be Still live:D

That's seems logical. Well I'm very happy with my Amsterdam tickets, finally get to hear and see Mr. Brightside live!

Tomorrow it's time to buy some Mumford & Sons tickets too. It's going to be a great March!