Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Really?

I thought they were very popular.

LP are pretty much the fav band where I live

I like Bleed it Out from the latest album.That's it

Any other good songs??

Just wanna know

breaking the habit, given up, faint, numb, in the end, no roads left, papecut, by myself, runaway, with you, easier to run, pushing me away, somewhere i belong, from the inside, etc...

i mean ALL are great :lol:

Really i seem to be on the same page as any LP Fan of all ive heard from old LP fans they seem to dislike the new album.....i also agree only a few tracks have a good sound...on minutes to midngiht others a re so damn boring and stupid! my fanity of LP seems to decrease more and more....and yeah its hard to win them back...

• 1 month later...

Yay, I can bitch about Minutes to Midnight!

It sucks. Honestly. The two emerging sounds around the 2000 mark were Linkin Park's nu-metal and bands like Coldplay's alternative. And now we see LP switching to alternative.

It doesn't suit them. It sounds bad, Chester can't sing alternative. And WTF is with the lack of Mike Shinoda? He is GOOD :angry:! Grr.

Not to mention there are only a few decent tunes and the other songs are weak. Another LP album like this and I get annoyed.

Ive been so busy following Coldplay and The Killers that I've neglected LP lol.

I like MtM, there are some weaks songs though I agree.

I'd like to see their fourth album have a sound in between that of Hybrid Theory/Meteora and MtM.

But since I haven't been following, does anyone know/has it been said what kind of sound the next album is taking?

well i love mtm. i cant say it sucks or its the best album in the world, but i really like new music, and also, i listening to mtm much more nowadays than ht or meteora. mike said they're already working on new album on his blog, so i just cant wait to hear something new from them.

But since I haven't been following, does anyone know/has it been said what kind of sound the next album is taking?

mike said they're have a ton of new material, and they dont even know what it will sound like. only thing that been confirmed - they going to studio @ november-december, aand album will be released in 2009 :)

mike said they're have a ton of new material, and they dont even know what it will sound like. only thing that been confirmed - they going to studio @ november-december, aand album will be released in 2009 :)

Ah, so they'll be releasing news soon.

• 2 months later...

they were my first favourite band back in 2001. but since 2005 and that album with jay-z they have been slowing losing me and minutes to midnight tipped me off the edge. i still love the band and hope one day i will finally get to see them live and maybe just maybe they will win me over once more.

• 6 months later...

l didn't notice there were LP thread in here. but its cool that it has!! LP is one of my all-time fave bands. I like their music be it mu-metal or alternative. but of course I like their two previous albums more but it dosent mean I don't like MTM. The Chaz-Mike tandem is so awesome. They're a bunch of funny guys, I watched their funny vids and these guys really know how not to be serious sumtimes xDDDDD

• 3 months later...

I think Linkin Park is okay. I don't love them, but I like some of their stuff (but not their rapping). "New Divide" would be a good song if it weren't such a rip-off of "What I've Done".

Haven't checked out Dead By Sunrise, though.

I think Linkin Park is okay. I don't love them, but I like some of their stuff (but not their rapping). "New Divide" would be a good song if it weren't such a rip-off of "What I've Done".

Haven't checked out Dead By Sunrise, though.

well, the reason it's a clearcut rip-off of 'What I've Done' is cos they are both linked back to Transformers. & 'New Divide' was specifically written for the movie, so guess they used 'What I've Done' to keep the theme consistent.

love 'New Divide'...& love 'Minutes To Midnight' too. it sounds more "mainstream" than the other albums, but there are a few good tracks in there (Leave Out All The Rest, Hands Held High).

my only beef with it is there's less "action" from Joe Hahn in that album. :(

'Meteora' is still the best from LP for me. :D