Hicksy

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my only beef with it is there's less "action" from Joe Hahn in that album. :(

'Meteora' is still the best from LP for me. :D

MR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN

(Sorry Cure For The Itch especially its Reanimation version is awesome)

I just don't like mike shinoda as a person. I find him annoying at linkin park shows. I don't know how many times he has asked "how many old school linkin park fans" are at the show. Hey, how about you wait until you clear a decade before you designate fans as old school.

They call me God for a reason you know.

Because...you post things at certain times? :P

Anyway, I like listening to Linkin Park from time to time. Not because I think they're good (quite the opposite, actually), but because they remind me of a simpler time. A time when I wasn't staying up studying for finals. A time when Super Smash Bros. was the game of choice and not that Modern Warfare 2 BS. Simply put, Linkin Park is a bit of a nostalgia inducer for me.

Anyway, I like listening to Linkin Park from time to time. Not because I think they're good (quite the opposite, actually), but because they remind me of a simpler time. A time when I wasn't staying up studying for finals. A time when Super Smash Bros. was the game of choice and not that Modern Warfare 2 BS. Simply put, Linkin Park is a bit of a nostalgia inducer for me.

Same here.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm tempted to nickname them WINKIN' Park instead of Linkin Park, for this reason:

"New Divide is a totally new and original song!! Yeah!!! *WINK*"

If the new album is more of the MTM-same this will only be confirmed.

well if Chester's side project is a resembles to LP new album, i will agree with you... sorry but i expected more of 'Dead by sunrise'.

in other news:

Linkin Park will join the ever-growing arsenal of rockers with their own iPhone apps when the Minutes To Midnight band unleash their new touch game Linkin Park: 8-bit Rebellion later this month, Mike Shinoda’s blog revealed.

According to Shinoda, the premise is that the gamer has "been chosen by the rebellion to solve a mystery. Items have been stolen from the six leaders of the rebellion. Collecting these items is the rebellion’s only hope to thwarting the plans of the evil PixxelKorp."

Doesn’t sound overly complex, but the real prize awaits the player at the end of 8-Bit Rebellion: Shinoda says a brand new Linkin Park song will greet fans upon completion.

As Rolling Stone previously reported, the "Breaking The Habit" gang has been working on their "genre-busting" new LP for some time now, with one new track called "New Divide" appearing in Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen.

Linkin Park, who are working on the follow-up to 2007's Minutes To Midnight with producer Rick Rubin (Slayer, Gossip) are reportedly using keyboards and programmed drums more on the as-yet-untitled disc than they ever have before.

Mike Shinoda told Spin.com the band are about "halfway done" their fourth album, and he says Linkin Park are working to "redefine" themselves on this release.

"I feel like on [2000's] Hybrid Theory we wanted to introduce ourselves to the world with a certain sound," he said. "Then on [2003's] Meteora we were trying to show that we weren't a fluke and we could do the sound that made us successful a second time.

"By the time we got to Minutes To Midnight, we wanted to break down that sound and go outside the confines. Now that we've done that, we feel like we can do anything."

Shinoda told Spin.com while he thinks it's "hard" to describe what the new material sounds like, he says it's "more beat-driven" and works with keyboards and drum machines more than the band's previous work.

"It sounds brand new," he said. "The thing is, there are so many different ways to make music these days with virtual instruments, software applications, physical instruments and computer programs.

"Then when you get in the position of being able to use almost any of it — that's what we did on Minutes To Midnight. We wanted to play with as many instruments and sounds as we could."

Shinoda previously described the disc as "grandiose insanity".

Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory was the second-highest-selling rock album of the decade, according to Billboard.com.

source: chartattack.

• 8 months later...

So their new album came out the other day... thoughts?

I'm hearing a lot of hate for the album, but the more I listen, the more I tend to enjoy it...

I wouldn't say it's their best stuff by any means, but there's a few enjoyable tracks.

I dunno, I really like the whole feel of the album.

Just don't be fooled by the number of tracks on the album :P there are 5 that are less than two minutes in length, two of those being less than one minute.

I'll just re-post right here after a failed thread :P

I'm hearing a lot of hate for the album, but the more I listen, the more I tend to enjoy it...

I wouldn't say it's their best stuff by any means, but there's a few enjoyable tracks.

Just don't be fooled by the number of tracks on the album there are 5 that are less than two minutes in length, two of those being less than one minute.

I'll just re-post right here after a failed thread :P

Just don't be fooled by the number of tracks on the album there are 5 that are less than two minutes in length, two of those being less than one minute.

don't think you'll find many Linkin Park fans in this forum, tbh... :dozey:

i like the album. & i think the guys are right - this album needs to be listened in full & in sequence for the whole experience. not in chunks of individual songs.

but i have to admit that they're sounding even less like the old Linkin Park from the Hybrid Theory & Meteora days on this album than on Minutes To Midnight. general complaint with Minutes To Midnight (which i also liked) was that there wasn't enough of Joe Hahn in the music. then with A Thousand Suns, there's loads of Mr Hahn, but now the complaint is there's not enough guitars...fans are so hard to please :rolleyes: ...especially those that like Linkin Park for the loud angsty music & not their current mellower sound. :P

though i think MTV is being excessively overeager about A Thousand Suns to be comparing it to an iconic album like Kid A. it's good, but it may not have the musical influence to be compared to that Radiohead album (& i'm not even a Radiohead fan to begin with!)...for one thing, quite a few Linkin Park fans don't seem to like it & non-Linkin Park fans tend to just dismiss it as being another angsty/screamy/loud Hybrid Theory album.

i like the album. & i think the guys are right - this album needs to be listened in full & in sequence for the whole experience. not in chunks of individual songs.

totally agreed there... I tried taking off some songs in an effort to create some more room on my iPod, then i realised i had to either take all off, or none, because otherwise without those smaller songs the album seems very incomplete. :\