✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

Threads (1984) - 10/10

My soul and heart still suffers from this movie. To think that my parents had to live through that time and actually feared a nuclear war for several years makes it even worse.

This film manages to be even more horrendous then The Day After. None of the modern, virtual effetcs laden movies centered around the topic 'War' come even close to this film, not in an emotional or realistic way. In times where you always have happy ending movies or at least some protagonist who you can clutch onto, Threads will give you a long lasting, painful punch into your emotional guts.

Go watch it, it's still up-to-date.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chappie - ∞/10

GO WATCH IT

DO IT

*edit: I just googled the film to read the critiques, only to find out how badly it was rated. WTF? I don't know what kind of deep philosophical constructions these rating people were expecting, but rating this movie so low is a fucking crime.

• 4 weeks later...

Fast Furious 7.. Definitely 10/10. The acting and all that emotions were just completely touching especially at the end of the scene. I cant help but cry. Thanks to the CGI technology that can still make Paul to be a part of the movie. Also thanks to his brothers who wanted to contribute on finishing the film. Totally have a full respect with the cast members and the director, James Wan, they have done an awesome job on making the tribute for Paul.

[video=youtube;ngmqRQA8eGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngmqRQA8eGU

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^ Hey, hey... They are a good trilogy of movies. Ethan Hawke seems to have a penchant for long-term projects - have you seen Boyhood (I rate that a 9/10 if not a full 10)? It's an elegiac movie - I think you might enjoy the poignant and lyrical moments in it...

I watched the trilogy online over the last two weeks. I liked the first one a lot, but didn't think the sequels were as good - not due to the fact that they presented a realistic change/decline in relationship over the years, but to be honest, it annoyed me that in Sunset and Midnight, Jesse and Celine kept talking about sex all the time ! ;) The first movie had a wider range of conversation topics. In fact, I really liked the style with the focus on dialogue rather than action and the long-cut scenes.

I have seen Boyhood, too. Nice movie and good soundtrack (Family Of The Year's Hero was the highlight for me, but of course I was also happy to spot familiar sounding guitar chords right at the beginning :D)

Now that you know what kind of movies I like, do you have any other recommendations for me ? :D

Now that you know what kind of movies I like, do you have any other recommendations for me ? :D

I was going to write something about "The Dressmaker" - it's a nice little Aussie movie with an all-star cast of international Australian actors (save one Kate Winslet)... It's a well-made smallish movie with lots of spirit and good story, the kind of indie darling that the Oscars like to take notice of some nominations time... Slightly cheesy storyline but they do a good job of taking the path less well trodden in the telling of the various relationships. I thoroughly enjoyed it - 9/10! Hopefully you don't find parts of the story-telling too whimsical...

I was going to write something about "The Dressmaker" - it's a nice little Aussie movie with an all-star cast of international Australian actors (save one Kate Winslet)... It's a well-made smallish movie with lots of spirit and good story, the kind of indie darling that the Oscars like to take notice of some nominations time... Slightly cheesy storyline but they do a good job of taking the path less well trodden in the telling of the various relationships. I thoroughly enjoyed it - 9/10! Hopefully you don't find parts of the story-telling too whimsical...

Cool, I will check it out when I find the time ! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Before Sunrise 8/10

Before Sunset 4/10

Before Midnight 3/10

Ah I love the trilogy, but I would rate it similarly to how you rated it haha Maybe I´d be more generous towards Sunset. :) My favourite and the one I watch more often is Sunrise, hands down :) To me its like the most romantic non-cheesy movie ever :D