✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

Right, let's give this a go:

These are the ones I remember watching in 2014, although I had to consult an IMDB list :S

Boyhood: 4/10 For effort and concept but it's almost 3 hours long and nothing interesting actually happens. The main character is a dull as a pile of bricks and I couldn't really relate to him. Maybe because I don't live in the US.

Gone Girl: 10/10Eeven though you want to hit both main characters with a shovel towards the end. Excellent female character

Grand Budapest Hotel: 9,5/10

The Book of Life: 7/10

The Boxtrolls: 8/10, amazingly animated

Edge of Tomorrow: 8/10 nice female character and loved the concept with the timelines

Ray: 5/10 Nice movie but dudes, you left out 90% of his shenanigans with women, how is that even accurate?

Dawn of the planet of the apes: 7/10 Nice story but too few women

Guardians of the Galaxy: 8,5/10

The Homesman: I gave up halfway through the movie :blank:

Snowpiercer: 9/10

The Winter Soldier: 6/10

How to train your dragon 2: 9/10

Only Lovers Left Alive: 8/10 The movie is quite slow but has some excellent music

X-men Days of future past: 6/10?

Noah: 3/10 for effort. None of the story made sense and stone robot like angels, really? :wtf:

The Drop: 8.5/10 Because it wasn't what I expected in the end

Lucy: 8.5/10 Because bad-ass Scarlet Johansson

Maleficent: 9/10 Surprisingly good, Ace Angelina

The Expendables 3: well it's the expendables 6/10?

Transformers: Age of Extinction: 3/10 Better than the previous because no Shia, but still bad because Transformers

Chef: 7/10 actually better than expected

Into the storm: 5/10 well it's a storm...that pretty much sums it up

Transcendence: 7/10

Godzilla: I know I watched it, but can't remember any of it so 2/10

Pompeii: 5/10

The Monuments Men: 7/10 Nice cast, nice movie

3 Days to Kill: 6/10 Kevin Costner is getting old :P

Divergent: 4/10 because it felt like a Hunger Games knock-off

I watched most of these while doing something else, before you think I only sit at home watching movies all the time :P

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, let's give this a go:

These are the ones I remember watching in 2014, although I had to consult an IMDB list :S

Boyhood: 4/10 For effort and concept but it's almost 3 hours long and nothing interesting actually happens. The main character is a dull as a pile of bricks and I couldn't really relate to him. Maybe because I don't live in the US.

I only wished that Linklater editaded with -1 hour, it has so many pointless dragged scenes....

PS: I truly hope that Boyhood don't win best motion picture at the Oscars [emoji19]

Nightcrawler--9/10--A really great thrill ride with an interesting character and VERY important things to say about the state of modern TV news and media.

The Hunt--9/10--Really tense, powerful movie that has a ton of interesting things to think about. On Netflix (in U.S.) starring Mads Mikkelsen.

Birdman--8/10-- This movie has a lot of hype behind it and I really liked it for its awesome performances and cinematography, I just couldn't really get into the motives and themes of the characters as much as I would have liked.

Whiplash--10/10-- YOU GOTTA SEE THIS MOVIE. Like the above film it is up for "Best Picture" at the Academy Awards and is not very favourited, but it blew me away. I bit my finger the whole movie because I was so nervous and the two leads are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

What we do in the shadows: 6/10 - Vampire comedy, let's stick with that.

Since I declared this week Keanu Reeves week:

John Wick: 9/10 - Badass angry Keanu in a pretty suit, Russians speaking Russian when they are supposed to speak Russian, I think it's one of his better films and I really recommend it. Apparently this man turned 50 last year. Quite a shocker. I feel old.

47 Ronin: 8/10 - Beautiful cinematography, great Japanese cast.

Matrix Trilogy rewatch: 12 million /10 - Even though Part 1 is already from 1999 it holds up pretty well even today :) Trinity is a fantastic character and Hugo Weaving has a majestic voice.

Johnny Mnemonic: hard to rate maybe 5/10, this one feels a lot more dated (it's from 1995) but I can't even imagine it felt futuristic back then. Faxes in the future, really? Also Keanu looks about 12.

Constantine: 7,5/10 - There's a lot of smoking going on.

The Lake House: Romantic movie that doesn't make a lot of sense but it doesn't really matter. I like Sandra Bullock so I'll give it a 7/10.

The Day the Earth Stood Still : 6/10 - Alien disaster movie thing, the idea was nice, but it lacked something.

That man has done so many movies, I can probably fill another week. :)

What we do in the shadows: 6/10 - Vampire comedy, let's stick with that.

Since I declared this week Keanu Reeves week:

John Wick: 9/10 - Badass angry Keanu in a pretty suit, Russians speaking Russian when they are supposed to speak Russian, I think it's one of his better films and I really recommend it. Apparently this man turned 50 last year. Quite a shocker. I feel old.

47 Ronin: 8/10 - Beautiful cinematography, great Japanese cast.

Matrix Trilogy rewatch: 12 million /10 - Even though Part 1 is already from 1999 it holds up pretty well even today :) Trinity is a fantastic character and Hugo Weaving has a majestic voice.

Johnny Mnemonic: hard to rate maybe 5/10, this one feels a lot more dated (it's from 1995) but I can't even imagine it felt futuristic back then. Faxes in the future, really? Also Keanu looks about 12.

Constantine: 7,5/10 - There's a lot of smoking going on.

The Lake House: Romantic movie that doesn't make a lot of sense but it doesn't really matter. I like Sandra Bullock so I'll give it a 7/10.

The Day the Earth Stood Still : 6/10 - Alien disaster movie thing, the idea was nice, but it lacked something.

That man has done so many movies, I can probably fill another week. :)

I'm totally gonna watch that new action thriller he's playing a badass role in later this week *__*

I'm totally gonna watch that new action thriller he's playing a badass role in later this week *__*

It's very good! I totally loved it and highly recommend it! (It's the first one I listed) Hope you enjoy :D

I also finished watching:

Street Kings: 8/10 with bonus Hugh Laurie and Chris Evans which I totally forgot were in there.

Right, let's see

Big Hero 6: 9/10 - because it's just lovely

And week 2 of extended Keanu Reeves week:

Point Break: 7,5/10 - It still remains a classic :)

Bill & Ted I & II: 9/10 - Most excellent! This is so very late eighties...aaah...memories

Man of Tai Chi: 8/10 - If you like a good old fashioned martial arts movie, this is definitely for you. Directorial debut of Keanu and he did a fine job. Especially with all the Chinese regulations they had to take into account. The movie has it's heart in the right place.

Generation Um: I have no idea how to rate this movie as I feel I didn't quite grasp what they were trying to tell me with it. It also doesn't make any sense until the very end. I did like the bit they showed during the credits. The reviews I read were brutal to say the least.

The Devils Advocate: 7/10 - You got to love Al Pacino.

A scanner darkly: Apparently you either hate it or love it. I loved it, especially the draw effect they did with rotoscoping. 7/10 + bonus point for visual effect and Robert Downey Jr.

The Gift: 7/10 - Cate Blanchett was great. As a wifebeater it's also one of the few times Keanu plays one of the bad guys. He did a great job and I would recommend it if you aren't convinced the man can act. (Well this one or John Wick)

Henry's Crime: 6,5/10 - I felt a bit betrayed by the cut off ending but it's an agreeble movie nonetheless

Sweet November: 6/10 - I would describe it as sad and also a bit cheesy. Maybe something for a rainy afternoon.

And I would like to upgrade John Wick to 10/10.

Still have lots to go like "My own private Idaho" or Speed (duh).

Jupiter Ascending: Uuuhhh, yeah, where do I start? I think this here sums it up perfectly LOL: http://bonesmakenoise.tumblr.com/post/110389313528/im-not-here-to-tell-you-guys-this-movie-is-so I give it 2/10 for the pretty pictures :|

John Wick: 8/10 because KEANU REEVES. Also, great characters, great action, the role fits perfectly to stone-face-I-only-can-look-like-:|-the-whole-time-Reeves, the movie never gets boring. AND PUPPIES. The only negative thing was that the movie got too action laden too quickly, it should have taken a little bit more time.

American Sniper: 3/10 because it was dreary as fuck, except for a 5 minute sequence somewhere in the middle. I also couldn't see anything special about a dude who killed people and then got a PTSD like okay? Who wants to see that in the cinema? lol~

John Wick: 8/10 because KEANU REEVES. Also, great characters, great action, the role fits perfectly to stone-face-I-only-can-look-like-:|-the-whole-time-Reeves, the movie never gets boring. AND PUPPIES. The only negative thing was that the movie got too action laden too quickly, it should have taken a little bit more time.

Aaah, you've got to love Keanu :lol: I love this movie a bit too much I think :blank:, but you know Keanu...

He will always be one of my faves

American Sniper: 3/10 because it was dreary as fuck, except for a 5 minute sequence somewhere in the middle. I also couldn't see anything special about a dude who killed people and then got a PTSD like okay? Who wants to see that in the cinema? lol~

Right? But, since it's an American movie, it's main job is to give all of its fans a throbbing Patriotic Boner. The guy was pretty much an asshole who happened to be good at sniping. Woohoo.

I have seen 50 SoG. And I dont know what to tell you. If you have the expectations I had you won't be very disappointed.I expected two and a half of hours of being really REALLY bored and I was just bored. Don't pay money to see it. If you're really interested wait, it will be online soon. Its not worth the money... When I think of all the alcohol (or even better chocolate) I could have bought with it... :(