• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LiquidSky

The theory of everything

8/10

It was pretty good. I actually had not seen trailers or anything about it except the one that was shown at the Oscars so I was surprised to learn that it was actually about Stephen Hawking... (I thought it was going to be a love story..)

Guest diogo_sg

Captain America: Civil War

8/10

Very short review in the Marvel Movies thread [emoji6]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sully: 10/10

This is honestly my new favorite movie! It is so realistic, and does not have any extra filler stuff that makes the movie slow or stray from the point. Tom Hanks is amazing (as always). It is a really intense movie, and it gives you a great appreciation for all who were involved with that incident.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished watching an interview with him. Do you recommend the movie?

It's of course a dramatized story that focuses on Edward's personal character journey and relationships, and all that, but I liked it, especially because it brought the things the NSA can do to the screen and thus turned something that sounds quite abstract if you read about it in the newspaper into actual images that everybody can relate to. 3 years after it was uncovered and now that talk about it has died down, I found the movie a good reminder to the public.

Apart from that educational component, the movie did also keep me hooked movie-wise :)

• Like 2