✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter — 10/10 (guilty pleasure rating, of course, because the plot and the film in general are a total mess. I like these films bc they're just fun and brainless, kind of like an amusement park ride)

Arrival — 9/10 (one of the most interesting sci fi films I've seen)

It's of course a dramatized story that focuses on Edward's personal character journey and relationships, and all that, but I liked it, especially because it brought the things the NSA can do to the screen and thus turned something that sounds quite abstract if you read about it in the newspaper into actual images that everybody can relate to. 3 years after it was uncovered and now that talk about it has died down, I found the movie a good reminder to the public.

Apart from that educational component, the movie did also keep me hooked movie-wise :)

I watched the movie over the weekend. Very good, thanks for the recommendation.

just finished watching this movie:

F for Fake - 10/10

this was really interesting. Orson Welles was a very talented man, and this sort of meta concept of what we could ever consider to be real is something that has always intrigued me

I just watched it. Interesting indeed, it made me realize that artists are actors in a way.

• 1 month later...

Sing - 4/10

I usually like animated movies, but this one was exceptionally boring. The story was completely predictable and dragged on forever. Only had to laugh at very few moments, almost all of which were due to Mrs Crawly, who was by far the best character.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spiderman: Homecoming-9/10

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but I saw this while on vacation because I grew up with the old Spiderman movies and loved em as a kid. Fantastic movie in general. New looking suit, great acting, unexpected twists, ingenious villain backstory, and a great ending. I may be a DC man myself but that was actually enjoyable

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I.T. - Not bad but not great, clearly an indie film. Pierce Brosnan plays a good role but plot is somewhat lacking in substance and anticlimactic. Not going to watch again but still had some good moments. Worth the 99p u pay for renting on iTunes. 5.5/10

lol for a second I thought you meant the clown

The Defiant Ones- 7/10- very interesting Interscope documentary, but the fourth part talks about mainstream late 2000's/2010's crap too much

Baby Driver 10/10- quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen on screen

Dunkirk- 7.5/10- such a tense but gripping war film about the real life events that happened

Spider-Man: Homecoming- 7/10- trailer was garbage but overall i was wronged by marvel. more of a comic-y version of spiderman by holland, too, which is interesting. just overall fun, really.

Saw Dunkirk a few days ago. I loved how Christopher Nolan created very little dialogue so that the entire story can be mostly represented by the visuals. The intensity was consistent throughout the movie and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I will say that the music seemed a little overdramatic. But past that, this was definitely one of Nolan's best films. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saw Dunkirk a few days ago. I loved how Christopher Nolan created very little dialogue so that the entire story can be mostly represented by the visuals. The intensity was consistent throughout the movie and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I will say that the music seemed a little overdramatic. But past that, this was definitely one of Nolan's best films. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you just love those movies where the visuals do most of the story telling?