✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am currently listening to....

LeftLeg

I've been listening to a lot of synthpop lately, like CHVRCHES and Grimes. Grimes' latest album Art Angels is nothing short of a masterpiece. Love her style and and the weirdness she puts into her music. Makes for an interesting listen. CHVRCHES are known for using synthesizers in their music and they remind me of a pop x&y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been listening to a lot of synthpop lately, like CHVRCHES and Grimes. Grimes' latest album Art Angels is nothing short of a masterpiece. Love her style and and the weirdness she puts into her music. Makes for an interesting listen. CHVRCHES are known for using synthesizers in their music and they remind me of a pop x&y.

I highly recommend you to listen to Keep Shelly In Athens ;)

Working my way through Radiohead's entire discography at the moment...

My favorites:

No Surprises

Fake Plastic Trees

Karma Police

Everything in its Right Place

Pyramid Song

High And Dry

Creep

A lot of these songs are among my favorites from Radiohead too. :D

Yeah I know it cuts off randomly, that's because the album this is on is really meant to be listened to in one full run. In most cases each song's ending directly fits into the next song's intro. I personally have never listened to the full thing myself but I think it would be cool.

What a unique song, I mean this artist is truly incredible with the things he even does now which is a bit different. Once you make the leap into music that isn't top 40 pop music you really start to appreciate songs like this that outside of a few exceptions probably no song exists like it.

• Like 1

Yeah I know it cuts off randomly, that's because the album this is on is really meant to be listened to in one full run. In most cases each song's ending directly fits into the next song's intro. I personally have never listened to the full thing myself but I think it would be cool.

What a unique song, I mean this artist is truly incredible with the things he even does now which is a bit different. Once you make the leap into music that isn't top 40 pop music you really start to appreciate songs like this that outside of a few exceptions probably no song exists like it.

Jon Hopkins's got an incredible discography and Contact Note it's not an exception. Said that, my favourite JH album is Opalescent, I like its soft atmospheres and beautiful melodies :)

Jon Hopkins's got an incredible discography and Contact Note it's not an exception. Said that, my favourite JH album is Opalescent, I like its soft atmospheres and beautiful melodies :)

I completely agree with you. I like some JH albums better than others but I can't really pick a favorite. They are all amazing! I really love Opalescent as well and agree with you on the soft atmospheres and melodies. One of the greatest albums to just chill out too and I don't believe there is a better album to listen to in the background when you're doing something. He did a wonderous job with this album in making music that fits Brian Eno's description of ambient music, in which he states that "Ambient music must be able to accommodate many levels of listening attention without enforcing one in particular; it must be as ignorable as it is interesting."

Also, you know if he got any albums on the way soon? Probably not considering he takes a lot of time on his albums, and rightfully so. Quality over quantity!

I completely agree with you. I like some JH albums better than others but I can't really pick a favorite. They are all amazing! I really love Opalescent as well and agree with you on the soft atmospheres and melodies. One of the greatest albums to just chill out too and I don't believe there is a better album to listen to in the background when you're doing something. He did a wonderous job with this album in making music that fits Brian Eno's description of ambient music, in which he states that "Ambient music must be able to accommodate many levels of listening attention without enforcing one in particular; it must be as ignorable as it is interesting."

Also, you know if he got any albums on the way soon? Probably not considering he takes a lot of time on his albums, and rightfully so. Quality over quantity!

Nothing new I fear, but I don't think he's stuck at the moment. Ambient music has always been one of my favourite genres, I listened a lot to Vangelis music when I was a child and this is one of the many reasons why I appreciate artists like Jon Hopkins

• Like 1

Nothing new I fear, but I don't think he's stuck at the moment. Ambient music has always been one of my favourite genres, I listened a lot to Vangelis music when I was a child and this is one of the many reasons why I appreciate artists like Jon Hopkins

Same, I really like ambient stuff too.

I got a few selections today:

There's a reason why this song's initials include "LiT" :D

I know a lot of us have been posting ambient/indie music lately, which is amazing at all. But here I switched it up a bit, a song from my favorite genre of music, that maybe a bit more of us will know. Such a beautiful and heartfelt song... and I think this song is an example of why sometimes simple is the best thing.

Oh how I miss the best days of this style of music... RIP :(

Some of The Fray's new music. They recently released a compilation album, entitled "Through The Years: The Best Of The Fray", showcasing some of the singles they've released over the last... decade, around there. Along with those songs came these three, as bonus tracks, previously unreleased, and they're definitely new. As we all know Coldplay is coming out with a new EP soon, which will likely feature around 3 songs, just as this new release by The Fray as. I really like these three songs, because if you take a listen to their last full length album it's like the AHFOD of The Fray. More electronic, poppier, and overall they have had around the same situation as Coldplay whereas their older stuff is more melancholic and heartfelt, and their new stuff sounds like music that's directed towards a larger audience, hinted by the use of more poppy and catchy tunes. Yet, these three songs don't feel that way. You can tell that they don't necessarily use overly electronic tones a lot, yet there's still synths in them. It sounds more like indie/alternative rock than ever before. It doesn't feel poppy or commercial at all. It feels genuine and heartfelt, and it's not necessarily a return to their older days, yet it's looking in a new direction for them that appears to feel like commercial, at least judging by these 3 songs. I'd love to hear an album full of songs like this, honestly. If this is legitimately a new direction for the band I'm going to be very happy. I enjoyed their last album as well, but just like with AHFOD and Coldplay not as much as their earlier work. I bring these songs and this band up because, what if Coldplay are stepping back a bit as well? Just like the Fray, what if they're realizing their past few releases may have been a bit poppy and commercial for some fans? What if they're looking in a more artistic and genuine direction moving forward, and what if some of that will show on the new EP? Just some food for thought. The soundcheck that Coldplay did for the Rose Bowl, that one new song they played reminds me of these 3 songs. Along with the single version of Everglow this could be hinting that they're starting to move away from the pop scene and redevelop themselves once more. I think things are looking up for these two bands in that regard, among my favorite artists...

P.S. Think any of what I'm saying is false and that The Fray are much poppier and cheaper than I make them out to be? Not convinced they're a band that's noteworthy? I challenge you to listen to "Trust Me", "Say When", "Be Still", "Ungodly Hour", "Happiness", "Fall Away", "Heaven Forbid", "Little House", "Hundred", "Look After You", etc... Not mentioning their at least second biggest hit "How To Save a Life" because I'm pretty sure nearly all of us are a fan of that one if we know it. Every single one of the songs I listed falls under the same type of music that Oldplay content should fall under, at least generally. I swear this band is criminally underrated, by critics and general fans of music alike. It's rare to see praise for this band nowadays. If you're a fan of melancholic alternative rock like Oldplay, I don't think there's any reason to not like at least the first two albums of The Fray, and some of the content of the two albums after. And the 3 songs I put above. Despite what you may hear, The Fray were once a very genuine band extremely reminiscent of Coldplay. To a point they still are. It's hard to believe Coldplay doesn't fall under their official list of influences, and I'm pretty sure even if they don't mention it they still are influenced by Coldplay. The songs I listed are very melancholic heartfelt songs just like Coldplay's earlier work, and I personally am in love with them. Don't like a few, that's okay, but with these songs, you have to at least admit that the music critics made absolutely no sense whatsoever on rating the first two albums at least. I just don't see the hate and what the problem is. It's not "generic, uninspired, boring", etc... the only argument you could legitimately make is that it sounds almost too close to Coldplay. But oh well, we need more Coldplay like music! And even so, that argument fails for present day Fray judging by the new songs, as these new songs sound deeper and more genuine than even present day Coldplay! Sorry about the long P.S. Just had to let this go cause I mean, this band is too looked down upon man....

Okay, okay, rant over. Finally, I've been listening to the live debut of Up&Up recently. For some dumb reason I can't find it on YouTube.. oh well. To be honest, I find this version worlds better than the one on the album. It feels like the album version is both overproduced... AND underproduced at the same time. How?!!? Only some people like Stargate could pull that off.. what I mean by this is, the hand claps in the beginning covering up the piano is completely unnecessary, and some of it continues throughout the song relatively unnecessarily, and it's meant to be a pop song, not bogged down by this overly glossy pop stuff I hear in places. It's used way too often and the song doesn't explode enough for me, they completely destroyed the guitars and watered them down (this is what I mean by watered down, too much of that stuff going on throughout some of the album that unlike MX disallows the music to really explode like it should.) Yet, in the choruses, they manage to completely get rid of the real drum track that SHOULD be there, and really put an underwhelming feel to the whole thing. They also remove the piano in way too many places throughout the track... also, the outro is very unique and ambient like and gives a great feeling but doesn't explode once again, like the live version does. The live version has everything the studion't. and is overall much better. And to be honest, some of the elements of the studio version isn't really that bad, the hand claps have grown on me and give the song a more catchy feeling, but they are WAY too up front sounding in places like the intro, which should at least go more slowly and feel more melancholic before speeding up and becoming catchier. Really, I'm the angriest at the chorus, which feels super underwhelming with the guitar watered down and with the no real drums, there's not enough denseness in there I feel. Anyways, in fact today, I did my best to bring the best of the studio and live versions together and extend the song at the same time. I'm impressed with the result as there is some elements of the studio version there but yet it feels just fine, there's no hint of the studio glossiness in the chorus in my edit either. It's used in other parts... So yeah. There's that.

Long post for a thread like this I know, but whatever, that's the way I roll :P

• Like 2

I know a lot of us have been posting ambient/indie music lately, which is amazing at all. But here I switched it up a bit, a song from my favorite genre of music, that maybe a bit more of us will know. Such a beautiful and heartfelt song... and I think this song is an example of why sometimes simple is the best thing.

Oh how I miss the best days of this style of music... RIP :(

Some of The Fray's new music. They recently released a compilation album, entitled "Through The Years: The Best Of The Fray", showcasing some of the singles they've released over the last... decade, around there. Along with those songs came these three, as bonus tracks, previously unreleased, and they're definitely new. As we all know Coldplay is coming out with a new EP soon, which will likely feature around 3 songs, just as this new release by The Fray as. I really like these three songs, because if you take a listen to their last full length album it's like the AHFOD of The Fray. More electronic, poppier, and overall they have had around the same situation as Coldplay whereas their older stuff is more melancholic and heartfelt, and their new stuff sounds like music that's directed towards a larger audience, hinted by the use of more poppy and catchy tunes. Yet, these three songs don't feel that way. You can tell that they don't necessarily use overly electronic tones a lot, yet there's still synths in them. It sounds more like indie/alternative rock than ever before. It doesn't feel poppy or commercial at all. It feels genuine and heartfelt, and it's not necessarily a return to their older days, yet it's looking in a new direction for them that appears to feel like commercial, at least judging by these 3 songs. I'd love to hear an album full of songs like this, honestly. If this is legitimately a new direction for the band I'm going to be very happy. I enjoyed their last album as well, but just like with AHFOD and Coldplay not as much as their earlier work. I bring these songs and this band up because, what if Coldplay are stepping back a bit as well? Just like the Fray, what if they're realizing their past few releases may have been a bit poppy and commercial for some fans? What if they're looking in a more artistic and genuine direction moving forward, and what if some of that will show on the new EP? Just some food for thought. The soundcheck that Coldplay did for the Rose Bowl, that one new song they played reminds me of these 3 songs. Along with the single version of Everglow this could be hinting that they're starting to move away from the pop scene and redevelop themselves once more. I think things are looking up for these two bands in that regard, among my favorite artists...

P.S. Think any of what I'm saying is false and that The Fray are much poppier and cheaper than I make them out to be? Not convinced they're a band that's noteworthy? I challenge you to listen to "Trust Me", "Say When", "Be Still", "Ungodly Hour", "Happiness", "Fall Away", "Heaven Forbid", "Little House", "Hundred", "Look After You", etc... Not mentioning their at least second biggest hit "How To Save a Life" because I'm pretty sure nearly all of us are a fan of that one if we know it. Every single one of the songs I listed falls under the same type of music that Oldplay content should fall under, at least generally. I swear this band is criminally underrated, by critics and general fans of music alike. It's rare to see praise for this band nowadays. If you're a fan of melancholic alternative rock like Oldplay, I don't think there's any reason to not like at least the first two albums of The Fray, and some of the content of the two albums after. And the 3 songs I put above. Despite what you may hear, The Fray were once a very genuine band extremely reminiscent of Coldplay. To a point they still are. It's hard to believe Coldplay doesn't fall under their official list of influences, and I'm pretty sure even if they don't mention it they still are influenced by Coldplay. The songs I listed are very melancholic heartfelt songs just like Coldplay's earlier work, and I personally am in love with them. Don't like a few, that's okay, but with these songs, you have to at least admit that the music critics made absolutely no sense whatsoever on rating the first two albums at least. I just don't see the hate and what the problem is. It's not "generic, uninspired, boring", etc... the only argument you could legitimately make is that it sounds almost too close to Coldplay. But oh well, we need more Coldplay like music! And even so, that argument fails for present day Fray judging by the new songs, as these new songs sound deeper and more genuine than even present day Coldplay! Sorry about the long P.S. Just had to let this go cause I mean, this band is too looked down upon man....

Thanks to you, I've just discovered "Singing Low", which I think is the best one I've heard so far from them. Even better than "How to Save a Life" in my opinion... This is going on my playlist! So good, damn...

Recently heard another really awesome song by Foster the People. Pretty sure LRLArchi will like this one as I do.

• Like 1

Thanks to you, I've just discovered "Singing Low", which I think is the best one I've heard so far from them. Even better than "How to Save a Life" in my opinion... This is going on my playlist! So good, damn...

Recently heard another really awesome song by Foster the People. Pretty sure LRLArchi will like this one as I do.

What's weird is that I was just listening to this on vinyl a couple hours ago LOL.

• Like 1

Jose Gonzalez. He makes some beautiful, quiet and calming music and it's really worth a listen!

And there's an extremely talented YouTuber and multi-instrumentalist named Rob Scallon who's recently released an EP which is downright amazing. Here's a two-min sample:

• Like 1

What's weird is that I was just listening to this on vinyl a couple hours ago LOL.

I love foster the people! Their sophomore album really showed a new psychedelic side to them and they're heading in a fantastic direction IMO.

The lyrics too! "Coming of Age" and "Are You What You Want To Be?" are my go-to songs for self introspection. And funnily so the latter is followed by a track called "Ask Yourself" in the album.[emoji14]

Another thing I'm not sure is intentional is a song on the same album called "Nevermind" which appropriately sounds like it's heavily inspired by Nirvana's grunge-y sound. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

• Like 2

Nice! Glad you really like "Singing Low".

Seems this thread officially has been revived by me :P

• Like 1

Easily one of the saddest songs ever written, even with not one word. And it's even more so especially for me, I can't listen to this song without crying anymore since someone I love so much had passed away a few months ago, and every night I'd put this on and cry myself to sleep. When I look back on it there's only like 1 time in my life that's ever been that sad for that long. So it was a big loss for me...

Even though time may change, the love never goes away my friend. Words can't tell how much I truly love you... the thing that goes away is the consistent pain. Of course every now and then one morning I'll think of it and tear up, perhaps a lot, but the joyful memories with you start to populate my mind more than anything.

Until we meet again... Sleep well, and love. <3 <3 <3

Easily one of the saddest songs ever written, even with not one word. And it's even more so especially for me, I can't listen to this song without crying anymore since someone I love so much had passed away a few months ago, and every night I'd put this on and cry myself to sleep. When I look back on it there's only like 1 time in my life that's ever been that sad for that long. So it was a big loss for me...

Even though time may change, the love never goes away my friend. Words can't tell how much I truly love you... the thing that goes away is the consistent pain. Of course every now and then one morning I'll think of it and tear up, perhaps a lot, but the joyful memories with you start to populate my mind more than anything.

Until we meet again... Sleep well, and love. <3 <3 <3

Oh cp3176...:'( If you like this, I have another music suggestion for you, but be warned in that it may trigger tears (it certainly did for me):

• Like 1