✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Today, just before a lecture, there was a girl talking to her friends and she was about to sit next to me, so I kinda overheard some words of the conversation, and at one moment, I heard: "...so I'll be able to go to the Coldplay gig!"

You should have seen my face :lol: I was like: " COLDPLAY! Someone mentioned Coldplay ?! Where ? Who ?! Did I just hear she's going to a Coldplay gig?! OHMYGOD this is awesome :wideeyed::awesome: "

But she was also talking about the internship we're supposed to do in May, so I guess she'll be going to the Coldplay gig in Nice, so not the same as me. But I was sooo glad to hear about someone who likes Coldplay & is going to one of their gigs :awesome:

Thanks. :) I'm not after attention, just posting an appropriately random Coldplay thought,lol. :)

Of course, but I'd already read you were about to turn 42, and it's not like it's a number like the others, so it was worth it anyway :awesome:

Today, just before a lecture, there was a girl talking to her friends and she was about to sit next to me, so I kinda overheard some words of the conversation, and at one moment, I heard: "...so I'll be able to go to the Coldplay gig!"

You should have seen my face :lol: I was like: " COLDPLAY! Someone mentioned Coldplay ?! Where ? Who ?! Did I just hear she's going to a Coldplay gig?! OHMYGOD this is awesome :wideeyed::awesome: "

But she was also talking about the internship we're supposed to do in May, so I guess she'll be going to the Coldplay gig in Nice, so not the same as me. But I was sooo glad to hear about someone who likes Coldplay & is going to one of their gigs :awesome:

Great! So she'll be in the same concert as me :nice:

Sort of like when non-Coldplayer FB friends 'like' a Coldplay song I post. I think I've won souls,lol.

That is a grateful and rare feeling, yep :nod:

This is my own little theory and I'll see how true it holds in the coming months.

My theory is basically that Coldplay are on a media blackout (not giving radio/tv interviews etc). The reason behind this is from the GMA interview where the media misinterpreted CM's joke about regretting naming the album MX.

We haven't heard from them since (aside from the occasional tweet). I'm interested to see how long this holds up. Again, this is just my theory.

They didn't do any media in Edmonton or Calgary, so you may be right. But they may just not have had time. We'll see what Vancouver has in store since they're there for 3 or 4 days.

Coldplay used to believe in keeping interviews semi-limited, then went all out with the release of MX. Maybe they've just changed their minds again,lol.

^ Don't you think it's a bit strong reaction ? :thinking:

Yeah, in a sense it is. But at the same time, interviews are usually done to promote the tour or album and a band as big as Coldplay don't need to do that. And possibly, after what happened after the GMA interview, they just don't see the point.

The 'regretting the album' joke got to the point where CM had to defend his actions on twitter. It shouldn't even have come to that, in my opinion. It's weird to see how fast the media can change and twist a story.

Again, this is just my theory and food for thought and if I had to put a prediction on when they would end it, it would be in June, when PoC is predicted to come out.

Yeah, in a sense it is. But at the same time, interviews are usually done to promote the tour or album and a band as big as Coldplay don't need to do that. And possibly, after what happened after the GMA interview, they just don't see the point.

The 'regretting the album' joke got to the point where CM had to defend his actions on twitter. It shouldn't even have come to that, in my opinion. It's weird to see how fast the media can change and twist a story.

Again, this is just my theory and food for thought and if I had to put a prediction on when they would end it, it would be in June, when PoC is predicted to come out.

Right, I get your point :nod:

I imagine Ryan Seacrest and the likes will be after them on the Los Angeles leg. Also I don't see them not talking to Kevin and Bean at the Winnie Roast gig. But yes the distortion about "regretting" naming the album Mylo Xyloto was very annoying to say the least.

^:lol: Niiice

I was at a Fnac store this afternoon, and apparently they didn't arrange the CDs & vinyls right...I fixed that problem: now Coldplay items are much more visible :smug:

:sneaky:

Hhahahahha :sneaky: I often do that, too !!!! ;)

RCT: I heard See You Soon in a supermarket today :awesome: :dazzled: