✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I've just come up with a piano cover if it, and I always sing the 'My Love' part. If a true Coldplay fan is in the room, it's my way of reaching out to them.

So far it hasn't happened though,lol.

Give it time and you will be playing stadium gigs ;)

I've just come up with a piano cover if it, and I always sing the 'My Love' part. If a true Coldplay fan is in the room, it's my way of reaching out to them.

So far it hasn't happened though,lol.

That's too bad! I seriously love the "My Love" part. If I had heard you sing it, I would have caught that ;)

That's too bad! I seriously love the "My Love" part. If I had heard you sing it, I would have caught that ;)

I love doing his little extras when I cover Coldplay. It's my own little symbol of how much I love them, and it makes me feel 'close' to them when I sing. That probably sounds creepy,lol.

I love doing his little extras when I cover Coldplay. It's my own little symbol of how much I love them, and it makes me feel 'close' to them when I sing. That probably sounds creepy,lol.

No! You don't sound creepy at all! It makes you sound like a dedicated fan, if anything! :)

Chris & Jonny both love them :nod:

At the Grammy awards this year, when Foster the people covered the Beach Boys, C&J were pretty much the first ones to stand up right after it.

:nod: They were being such adorable fanboys :dazzled:

Was just listening to the Viva album, still soo good. I kinda miss that era.

I miss the Viva era, as well...

I really like some songs from MX, but those tracks, like Violet Hill, LiTii, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing...they were just magical.

And Spanish Rain...

And their outfits and their hair and everything... :3

I gave out a BIG scream inside the theater when "Kingdom Comes" came up in the new Spiderman movie came up! My friends didnt recognize the song cuz they are not as much of a Coldplay fanatic as I am ...But for me it was soooooo cool! ps. A lot of people were staring at me during the intermission ! :P

I think that MX is very very closely tied to the story. And despite the fact that band let us imagine our own story with just a few hints (like two main characters, virile surroundings, getting through difficulties, etc.) I haven't really procceed. The songs still hold something that I can't really understand - and that's why can't fully relate emotionally to. I mean, if you know that feeling, when you listen to a song, and you think: "Yeah, man, the same sort of crap happened to me". I haven't felt this with MX. I think that's partly because Chris has written it having in mind not the real life and real people, but some imagined character. And while we know nothing about him, there is small chance we can relate to him.

That was a main problem for me with this era. Not even the heavy-synthed Paradise and poppish Rihanna collaboration. The fact, that for the first time in my Coldplay-listening history I have no idea what the heck they're trying to say with this. What is their message?

I kinda had the same problem at some point. I always need to have my own interpretation of the song, and Coldplay songs most of time manage to get to me. Many songs of MX didn't at first. It took some time but now I "relate emotionally" to HLH, UATW, or UWTB for instance. And I still enjoy lots of the songs that I don't particularly relate emotionally to, whether they're from MX or VLV for instance. :)

I gave out a BIG scream inside the theater when "Kingdom Comes" came up in the new Spiderman movie came up! My friends didnt recognize the song cuz they are not as much of a Coldplay fanatic as I am ...But for me it was soooooo cool! ps. A lot of people were staring at me during the intermission ! :P

Same thing happened to me! I was in the theater with my little sister and my best friend, and when Til Kingdom Come came on, I literally jumped up 20ft in the air and let out a scream, haha! :D

Hey everyone :) This is more of a question than a though When Coldplay come to Sydney they'll be playing two shows...i already have a ticket of the first show but my friend has a spare ticket for the second show soooo i was just wondering

If you had the chance, would you see them two nights in a row or would you rather have just one extremely magical night that you can call the best night of your life aha? btw, this'll be the first time i'm seeing them. I'm kind of unsure so any opinion would be really helpful :)

Hey everyone :) This is more of a question than a though When Coldplay come to Sydney they'll be playing two shows...i already have a ticket of the first show but my friend has a spare ticket for the second show soooo i was just wondering

If you had the chance, would you see them two nights in a row or would you rather have just one extremely magical night that you can call the best night of your life aha? btw, this'll be the first time i'm seeing them. I'm kind of unsure so any opinion would be really helpful :)

I'd take it in a heartbeat. Specially when you know that you won't see them again for a few years.

Absolutely!:D The setlist will almost certainly be the same, but they're epic every time they play and there are always subtle differences, so you'll still thoroughly enjoy both nights.:)