Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in red.

The Adversary, your quote's in blue.

Batman, your 2 quote's are in gold.

Just found this on the world wide web:

[video=youtube;4fhiIQvWTKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fhiIQvWTKE

:lol: that's hilarious

Oh my God, look what I just found. Coldplay lyrics sang over Beethoven's 3rd symphony.[video=youtube;buGTyV6dpSI]

I like Beethoven. And I like Coldplay. But this mashup is just terrible because it kills them both.

Better not watch, unless you always thought the lyrics of ETIAW or POC needed a Beethoven symphony to be sung to. Or unless you always thought that the lyrics of 42 should be mashed up with the lyrics of Clocks.

Lol that's actually decent. Not great, but decent. It's a great background thing to listen to, I was listening it while I was making this comment and I found it really nice. But it isn't so great if you're just listening to it without doing anything. If you're doing something like making a post it's actually a nice thing to listen to IMO.

It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to find coldplayers in every day life. Seemingly they've sold 80 million records but I can't find anyone that's more than a casual listener.

I was at a party last night and when the conversation turned to music I said "I love Coldplay" and the immediate response from the girls I was talking to was like "Oh, ASFOS? :)" My reaction was :blank::blank::blank:

When talking to people who would have a stronger interest in music the general reaction you get is "The early stuff was good but I sort of lost interest after AROBTTH"

As Chris would say "Is there anybody out there?!"

Yeah... I agree. I haven't seen one Coldplay fan where I live yet... they seem to be so popular yet the fans seem to be so rare to find. Of course whenever Coldplay gets mentioned nowadays ASFOS gets brought up but there are better songs. I do actually like ASFOS but I love much more than just that and there definetely are better songs that Coldplay has made. I got into Coldplay because of Viva la Vida (yes, I know how much you despise that song :P) It's sad to see most people who think of Coldplay nowadays think of ASFOS... they should try listening to their other stuff if they think that's great. Not saying ASFOS is bad (well, in your's (and many other's eyes) it's terrible, but in my opinion not so) but some of their other works are definetely superior.

Wow people actually wanted to help you with that?

People in my town would only help you if you were laying on the ground... for a longer period of time LOL. Ah well, Germans don't give a damn ~__~

Yep... there's actually really nice people up here. I don't think they knew about my phone, I think they just wanted to help me with whatever they thought it was I needed help with which I don't think wsa the phone... :P

You know why it's so hard to find Coldplay fans?

Take a look into the mirror and then picture a stranger looking at you.

It's so hard for us fans to find each other because we don't talk about it! :lol: The only way to spot Coldplay fans is if they're wearing Coldplay merchandise, or at a concert or blaring Coldplay songs on their phones somewhere. But I never stumbled upon the latter.

That reminds me, I was at a party last year and there was a music playlist playing in the background on a laptop. And then suddenly ASFOS came on and it was my highlight of the party since it was boring as fuck. And as soon as the song was over, one guy from somewhere in the back of the room came creeping to the laptop, quietly clicked somewhere and ASFOS started playing again. The guy was shyly looking if anybody cared (nobody did) and then saw my face, which probably looked like:

503.gif

and he was like :cheesy: and disappeared into the back of the room again LOL

You know what that's actually a really good point...

@ the spoiler: :lol:

Wow people actually wanted to help you with that? :stunned:

People in my town would only help you if you were laying on the ground... for a longer period of time LOL. Ah well, Germans don't give a damn ~__~

Well, depends in which area of Germany you live...it was the same where I grew up but then I moved here and I was totally flummoxed when people actually talked to me at the bus stop and were friendly! :lol:

Well, depends in which area of Germany you live...it was the same where I grew up but then I moved here and I was totally flummoxed when people actually talked to me at the bus stop and were friendly! :lol:

Yeah, I think it does. I don't wanna ignite a battle here, but for example personally I found people in East Germany to be on the whole more friendly than people in the West.

As for the Coldplay fan question, it's difficult to spot fans because they are so unassuming and look like everybody else. Contrary to other genres or bands, likeing Coldplay won't show up on your hairstyle or clothing style or result in you being covered in tattoos etc. I postulate that the true Coldplayer (and I mean people who really are into their earlier work as well and not just fans of MX/post-MX stuff) has perhaps a different mindset from other people in that he/she is more of a sensitive, melancholic person. I can imagine it's true for many of them. But then again, this is nothing that shows up physically so you can't spot a Coldplay fan this way either.

As for the Coldplay fan question' date=' it's difficult to spot fans because they are so unassuming and look like everybody else. Contrary to other genres or bands, likeing Coldplay won't show up on your hairstyle or clothing style or result in you being covered in tattoos etc. I postulate that the true Coldplayer (and I mean people who really are into their earlier work as well and not just fans of MX/post-MX stuff) has perhaps a different mindset from other people in that he/she is more of a sensitive, melancholic person. I can imagine it's true for many of them. But then again, this is nothing that shows up physically so you can't spot a Coldplay fan this way either.[/quote']

I agree. With other bands usually you can spot a fan because they usually have some sort of merchandise they're wearing or they're covered in tattoos. It kind of affects your apperance physically... and it's difficult to spot a Coldplay fan because they're not the type of fans that cover themselves with merchandise or anything. As you said a lot of Coldplayers have more of a sensitive melancholic mindset and that's not the type of person that likes to cover themselves with tattoos/merchandise. I don't even have any clothing that has something Coldplay-related on it... but I'm still a huge fan. Most Coldplayers are in this situation and therefore look like normal people.

I agree. With other bands usually you can spot a fan because they usually have some sort of merchandise they're wearing or they're covered in tattoos. It kind of affects your apperance physically... and it's difficult to spot a Coldplay fan because they're not the type of fans that cover themselves with merchandise or anything. As you said a lot of Coldplayers have more of a sensitive melancholic mindset and that's not the type of person that likes to cover themselves with tattoos/merchandise. I don't even have any clothing that has something Coldplay-related on it... but I'm still a huge fan. Most Coldplayers are in this situation and therefore look like normal people.

Yeah, I have nothing clothing-related either and to be honest I wouldn't wanna wear anything that says Coldplay. Because I'm not somebody who, after all, would define myself by a band. I love their music and everything, but it doesn't make me a different person, it doesn't define me as a person. Do you know what I mean ? That's why I generally wouldn't wear band merchandise in public.

Yeah, I have nothing clothing-related either and to be honest I wouldn't wanna wear anything that says Coldplay. Because I'm not somebody who, after all, would define myself by a band. I love their music and everything, but it doesn't make me a different person, it doesn't define me as a person. Do you know what I mean ? That's why I generally wouldn't wear band merchandise in public.

Well, all I have is the Global Citizen shirt, and I have no problem wearing it in public. Why wouldn't you want other people to know you are a fan?

I agree about the 'not making you a different person,' but you can still wear something without it defining who you are... :)

Yeah' date=' I have nothing clothing-related either and to be honest I wouldn't wanna wear anything that says Coldplay. Because I'm not somebody who, after all, would define myself by a band. I love their music and everything, but it doesn't make me a different person, it doesn't define me as a person. Do you know what I mean ? That's why I generally wouldn't wear band merchandise in public.[/quote']

Yeah I can see what you mean too, and I'm sure a lot of Coldplayers feel exactly the same way as you do. For me, I'm fine with wearing Coldplay out in public but I just don't have anything because I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. But a lot of Coldplayers feel like you and I'm pretty sure that's why Coldplay is so hard to spot.

Well' date=' all I have is the Global Citizen shirt, and I have no problem wearing it in public. [b']Why wouldn't you want other people to know you are a fan?[/b]

I agree about the 'not making you a different person,' but you can still wear something without it defining who you are... :)

That's the part I'm interested to know.... I'd love to let other people know that I'm a fan. I'd love to wear some sort of Coldplay merchandise or something. I wouldn't let it completely define who I am, I agree with that though... :)

Very well said, @ I Ran Away. I have two Coldplay t-shirts but I don't wear them often. I see people and subcultures who wear band merchandise everyday and everywhere they go and I honestly think it's sad... they really feel the need to identify themselves by their (insert band name here) fandom rather than their character. What one enjoys influences how they view the world, but it shouldn't influence how the world views them.

Very well said, @ I Ran Away. I have two Coldplay t-shirts but I don't wear them often. I see people and subcultures who wear band merchandise everyday and everywhere they go and I honestly think it's sad... they really feel the need to identify themselves by their (insert band name here) fandom rather than their character. What one enjoys influences how they view the world, but it shouldn't influence how the world views them.

Sorry to stray away from the music theme, but I see this A LOT with people who are fans of Doctor Who

I agree... people who wear (insert band name here) everywhere they go is just sad... it's okay to be a fan but you shouldn't let it take complete control of what you're going to wear. If I had Coldplay merchandise I would wear it every once in a while but I wouldn't wear it everywhere, I wouldn't let it define who I am. I'd let my character define me, not Coldplay. I especially enjoy this quote:

"What one enjoys influences how they view the world, but it shouldn't influence how the world views them."

Exactly! When it starts to get to the latter that's when that one thing they enjoy has crossed the line and taken over control too much. I 100% agree with that.

Hm, i generally almost never wear clothing with something written on it (except perhaps university sweatshirt etc). I feel if I were to wear a T-shirt with simething written on it, it would have to be somethign with a really deep meaning. For example, I could envision wearing a T-shirt with a sociall/political message I could identify with (haven't done that either, but i could see myself doing that). But a band's name...after all, it's only music, and there are far more important things in the world. I could imagine wearing a Coldplay shirt in a context of music though (for example at a concert or festival) but not in the general public.

This has nothing to do with the band. (Although i must admit that wearing a Coldplay shirt nowadays would give other people an even wronger impression of me, since it might imply I'm all for this larger-than-life colour pop when in fact I'm a fan of Oldplay :D But that's not the decisive factor here)

This has nothing to do with the band. (Although i must admit that wearing a Coldplay shirt nowadays would give other people an even wronger impression of me, since it might imply I'm all for this larger-than-life colour pop when in fact I'm a fan of Oldplay :D But that's not the decisive factor here)

True, true, but I appreciate all of Coldplay's music. And not putting your opinion down or anything, but I'm never going to see 99.9% of the people in public ever again, so what do I care if they think something wrong about me? :)

Hm, i generally almost never wear clothing with something written on it (except perhaps university sweatshirt etc). I feel if I were to wear a T-shirt with simething written on it, it would have to be somethign with a really deep meaning. For example, I could envision wearing a T-shirt with a sociall/political message I could identify with (haven't done that either, but i could see myself doing that). But a band's name...after all, it's only music, and there are far more important things in the world. I could imagine wearing a Coldplay shirt in a context of music though (for example at a concert or festival) but not in the general public.

I could get what you mean with the deep message.

It's great that you care about things other than music and you're glad to support those things on your T-shirt! :D I'd care about that too.

I liked your comment just because of the "wronger impression" of me part. That was funny :lol: I like Coldplay's "color pop" (if you're going to refer to MX as color-pop, I guess that's more accurate than saying radio-pop :D) but I am also a big fan of Coldplay's previous work. Besides, if you want people to think that you're a fan of Coldplay's older work why not wear a shirt with older artwork? :D

Besides, if you want people to think that you're a fan of Coldplay's older work why not wear a shit with older artwork? :D

If I were to envision Coldplay clothing, that's what i would do. At least a shirt, not shit (hilarious typo :D)

Yeah, as you know I don't like the direction Coldplay has gone to post-Viva, and yes I refer to MX (and perhaps AHFOD, we'll see) as color pop because that seems to me a very suitable wording, given the aesthetics of the large shows too.

Guest diogo_sg

Just one little thing about the clothing: if you want to wear Coldplay t-shirts, wear them! Don't be afraid of what others might think! I don't have any Coldplay t-shirts (yet) but I do have 6 (one for each album) pins/buttons. I wear one every single day, depending on my mood. My friends ask me what the pictures in them are and I answer them happily. When I'm walking down the street, I don't care what people might think about that. I honestly don't. If I like them, why would I care?

Just one little thing about the clothing: if you want to wear Coldplay t-shirts, wear them! Don't be afraid of what others might think! I don't have any Coldplay t-shirts (yet) but I do have 6 (one for each album) pins/buttons. I wear one every single day, depending on my mood. My friends ask me what the pictures in them are and I answer them happily. When I'm walking down the street, I don't care what people might think about that. I honestly don't. If I like them, why would I care?

I have 4 Coldplay t-shirts (2 AROBTTH era, 1 X&Y era and the other one is MX of all things) and I have absolutely no problem wearing them! I don't all the time because I wouldn't wear anything but Coldplay Merch and that's a bit uninspired and repetitive :P

My favorite t shirt and the one I wear most often is the AROBTTH album art but the colours are reversed so the t shirt is black and the artwork is white and Coldplay is written above it. Classic

My favorite t shirt and the one I wear most often is the AROBTTH album art but the colours are reversed so the t shirt is black and the artwork is white and Coldplay is written above it. Classic

Where can I get that haha?!

Where can I get that haha?!

Design it yourself ;)

http://www.capcoldplay.com/#

Wow, I must be really sad for wearing band merchandise according to some posters here! :laugh3: I'd just say that people wear the jerseys of sports teams they love and brands they love. I'm no big fan of sport or designer brands so I don't see how wearing the t shirt of a band would be any different to those things.

And I'm young so I suppose I get away with it.

Guest diogo_sg
I have 4 Coldplay t-shirts (2 AROBTTH era, 1 X&Y era and the other one is MX of all things) and I have absolutely no problem wearing them! I don't all the time because I wouldn't wear anything but Coldplay Merch and that's a bit uninspired and repetitive [emoji14]

Design it yourself ;)

http://www.capcoldplay.com/#

Wow, I must be really sad for wearing band merchandise according to some posters here! :laugh3: I'd just say that people wear the jerseys of sports teams they love and brands they love. I'm no big fan of sport or designer brands so I don't see how wearing the t shirt of a band would be any different to those things.

And I'm young so I suppose I get away with it.

Couldn't agree more and couldn't want more that AROBTTH t-shirt!

Because the battery of my phone is rapidly going flat when listening to music I decided to use this small phone that I once had won and was still lying around.

I discovered that the mp3 player app has an option called "SoundAlive and SRS".

With this you are able to select the way the music is sounding, e.g. Pop, Rock, Classic, Concertroom,... but this phone also has this 2 extra options SRS Surround and SRS WOW HD.

I've been fiddling around with this a lot today and it's very interesting to hear a Coldplay song in these different styles. :)

Unfortunately my expensive smartphone doesn't have those great options. :(

As I explained above, I never wear a sports team shirt and I also don't care about brands. I also explained above why I wouldn't wear Coldplay merchandise in public because I would wear no band's merchandise in public, so it's not a Coldplay thing.