✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Alright so today I was walking home in the rain... It was expected to rain quite a bit here and as you all know I love listening to X&Y album while it's raining. So it was about a 10 minute walk before I realizeed "Why not walk a little more?" This may seem crazy walking in the rain but I had to, that's how much I love X&Y while listening to the rain. I walked around the block and unfortunately only got up to about the sixth track before I decided enough was enough walking in the rain and I returned home. But it was an amazing experience to say the least... this is the first time I've done this and it was an amaizng experience! I was soaking by the time I got home but it was worth it! :D I really loved that walk around the block while listening to that song... now here's the funny part: This was something that I just came up with on the spot, and I forgot my headphones on the way to the place I was at so at first I put my phone speaker up to my ear but that was uncomfortable since I wanted to listen hands-free. So I kept fiddling around with it until I got to the beginning of White Shadows (keep in mind that at the end of White Shadows I decided to walk around the block). At that point I decided to kind of stuff my phone into the back of my shirt. My hood kept the phone from getting wet so it was the best solution I could think of at that time. The phone stayed dry and it also stayed still, and it was relatively secure so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling out too much. from there I went on and enjoyed! :D Now whenever I had to switch the volume of course I had to press the button on my phone and then it kind of got insecure so I had to re-secure it again. It was quite funny actually, the setup I had. But that's what desperate Coldplay fans do when they forgot their headphones :lol: That's also what a Coldplay fan does when they love the rain (yes, I love rainy days) and doesn't care to get wet if they get to listen to X&Y in the rain. :P

Hopefully you enjoyed my adventures on a rainy day walking around the block listening to Coldplay's X&Y :D

Alright so today I was walking home in the rain... It was expected to rain quite a bit here and as you all know I love listening to X&Y album while it's raining. So it was about a 10 minute walk before I realizeed "Why not walk a little more?" This may seem crazy walking in the rain but I had to, that's how much I love X&Y while listening to the rain. I walked around the block and unfortunately only got up to about the sixth track before I decided enough was enough walking in the rain and I returned home. But it was an amazing experience to say the least... this is the first time I've done this and it was an amaizng experience! I was soaking by the time I got home but it was worth it! :D I really loved that walk around the block while listening to that song... now here's the funny part: This was something that I just came up with on the spot, and I forgot my headphones on the way to the place I was at so at first I put my phone speaker up to my ear but that was uncomfortable since I wanted to listen hands-free. So I kept fiddling around with it until I got to the beginning of White Shadows (keep in mind that at the end of White Shadows I decided to walk around the block). At that point I decided to kind of stuff my phone into the back of my shirt. My hood kept the phone from getting wet so it was the best solution I could think of at that time. The phone stayed dry and it also stayed still, and it was relatively secure so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling out too much. from there I went on and enjoyed! :D Now whenever I had to switch the volume of course I had to press the button on my phone and then it kind of got insecure so I had to re-secure it again. It was quite funny actually, the setup I had. But that's what desperate Coldplay fans do when they forgot their headphones :lol: That's also what a Coldplay fan does when they love the rain (yes, I love rainy days) and doesn't care to get wet if they get to listen to X&Y in the rain. :P

Hopefully you enjoyed my adventures on a rainy day walking around the block listening to Coldplay's X&Y :D

Forgetting my headphones also occurs to me sometimes. Once it was late in the evening, I was sitting at a subway station and had to wait a long time. I looked around, there were only a bunch of teenies and one guy with earbuds in his ears around. I put Coldplay loud on speakerphone and enjoyed :)

Didn't people give you funny looks playing Coldplay while you were walking around? Or was it deserted because of the rain?

Didn't people give you funny looks playing Coldplay while you were walking around? Or was it deserted because of the rain?

Lol well here's more. There was a few people around at some points during my walk that didn't really notice, I wasn't close enough to them so they coudln't hear Coldplay. When I was adjusting the volume at one point (and having to fiddle around to make sure my phone stayed secure) two people asked me "Need some help?" I just said "No thanks" and went on my way :P There weren't a lot of people around, but I was talking my walk in a quiet neighborhood (that's where I live) so there aren't really all that much people outside anyways. :P

Interesting... I just found out today that Parachutes is banned in China. It is supposedly because their government does not approve of Spies...

Well that's stupid... I wonder why they disapprove of Spies.

my mp3 players being weird, have like a full playlist of 25 songs it can play but instead goes back to these songs in this exact order

Christmas Lights

Midnight

Oceans

Aiko

Speed of Sound

Careful where you Stand

than loops back to the start.

Actually this is a really nice playlist... might keeo it. It's nice.

(From Sep 28, 2015)

I know where this comes from now. On my phone, when you turn it sideways, it says "Suggestions for you: 6 tracks" when I have any of Christmas Lights, Speed of Sounds, Oceans, Midnight, Careful where you Stand, or Aiko selected in my queue. This suggestions can have any amount of songs, really, but in this case it's 6 songs, in this order (the order in my previous quote was inaccurate):

Speed of Sound

Oceans

Midnight

Careful where you Stand

Christmas Lights

Aiko

In that exact order, it feels just right.

The first time it happened must have been me accidentally tapping one of the songs in the suggestions without knowing, and then when I think I was shuffling all of Coldplay's songs one night it was actually playing that suggestions playlist which keeps on looping, which I noticed. It's actually a pretty cool feature and as you can see here lead me to discover a great Coldplaylist. :P

Well that's stupid... I wonder why they disapprove of Spies.

I think they don't approve of Spies because they believe the lyrics encourage citizens to avoid their watchful eyes and run from them like "fugitives." Which I think is stupid because 1. I believe in free speech and 2. if I recall correctly the song is inspired by the James Bond films. Spies is harmless, with no real-life political connotation! :/

Oh my God, look what I just found. Coldplay lyrics sang over Beethoven's 3rd symphony.[video=youtube;buGTyV6dpSI]

I like Beethoven. And I like Coldplay. But this mashup is just terrible because it kills them both.

Better not watch, unless you always thought the lyrics of ETIAW or POC needed a Beethoven symphony to be sung to. Or unless you always thought that the lyrics of 42 should be mashed up with the lyrics of Clocks.

Oh my God, look what I just found. Coldplay lyrics sang over Beethoven's 3rd symphony.[video=youtube;buGTyV6dpSI]

I like Beethoven. And I like Coldplay. But this mashup is just terrible because it kills them both.

Better not watch, unless you always thought the lyrics of ETIAW or POC needed a Beethoven symphony to be sung to. Or unless you always thought that the lyrics of 42 should be mashed up with the lyrics of Clocks.

LOL wth ._.

It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to find coldplayers in every day life. Seemingly they've sold 80 million records but I can't find anyone that's more than a casual listener.

I was at a party last night and when the conversation turned to music I said "I love Coldplay" and the immediate response from the girls I was talking to was like "Oh, ASFOS? :)" My reaction was :blank::blank::blank:

When talking to people who would have a stronger interest in music the general reaction you get is "The early stuff was good but I sort of lost interest after AROBTTH"

As Chris would say "Is there anybody out there?!"

Lol well here's more. There was a few people around at some points during my walk that didn't really notice, I wasn't close enough to them so they coudln't hear Coldplay. When I was adjusting the volume at one point (and having to fiddle around to make sure my phone stayed secure) two people asked me "Need some help?" I just said "No thanks" and went on my way There weren't a lot of people around, but I was talking my walk in a quiet neighborhood (that's where I live) so there aren't really all that much people outside anyways.

Wow people actually wanted to help you with that? :stunned:

People in my town would only help you if you were laying on the ground... for a longer period of time LOL. Ah well, Germans don't give a damn ~__~

It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to find coldplayers in every day life. Seemingly they've sold 80 million records but I can't find anyone that's more than a casual listener.

I was at a party last night and when the conversation turned to music I said "I love Coldplay" and the immediate response from the girls I was talking to was like "Oh, ASFOS? " My reaction was

When talking to people who would have a stronger interest in music the general reaction you get is "The early stuff was good but I sort of lost interest after AROBTTH"

As Chris would say "Is there anybody out there?!"

You know why it's so hard to find Coldplay fans?

Take a look into the mirror and then picture a stranger looking at you.

It's so hard for us fans to find each other because we don't talk about it! :lol: The only way to spot Coldplay fans is if they're wearing Coldplay merchandise, or at a concert or blaring Coldplay songs on their phones somewhere. But I never stumbled upon the latter.

That reminds me, I was at a party last year and there was a music playlist playing in the background on a laptop. And then suddenly ASFOS came on and it was my highlight of the party since it was boring as fuck. And as soon as the song was over, one guy from somewhere in the back of the room came creeping to the laptop, quietly clicked somewhere and ASFOS started playing again. The guy was shyly looking if anybody cared (nobody did) and then saw my face, which probably looked like:

503.gif

and he was like :cheesy: and disappeared into the back of the room again LOL