✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

hahaa! had to add this here!

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coldplay, Friends style intro! <a href="http://t.co/Tt5vlZfCZh">pic.twitter.com/Tt5vlZfCZh</a></p>— Award Chris Martin (@AwardChris) <a href="https://twitter.com/AwardChris/status/646802917287141377">September 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris looked really old in the iHeartRadio pics...

is it just me or are the boys starting to look kinda old?

Well surprise sURPRISE, he's almost fourty freaking years old, humans tend to get a wrinkle here and there when they spent 13870 days on this planet :wacky:

And I think they already looked old during MX but because I'm polite I didn't talk about it :awesome:

To me, Guy doesn't look like he's aged much at all in the past decade so it's not the entire band that looks older. :P

That's true. But when he was younger he had that young boy face and now he's all sharp edges. I wonder how he's going to look in 30 years, he'll probably just get grey hair and that's it lol

i feel that chris especially looks to age more than the rest because he is an insomniac. but generally, the band seem to be in better shape as they get older. just look at the tight shirt will was wearing at iheart :laugh3:

Oh dear, yes, I find this kind of fandom very inappropriate and immature. I always thought because Coldplay is a more serious band and its members are all very decent people, that they attract a more serious fandom too. But as has been said in another post, those are the fans that its mainstream pop direction inevitably attracts.

We should feel extremely lucky we got Parachutes and AROBTTH. I feel they're more comfortable with how they are and what they do now than in 2003 so there was always the possibility they could have started their career with a similar sound to what they do now.

As for getting older and making more mature music, these two factors are not connected at all. Look at Madonna for example. She is more of wh*** now than she's ever been. This also applies to Guns N Roses, Green Day, Maroon 5, Bon Jovi and a lot of other people.

What I personally expect from Coldplay in the years ahead is a sound somewhere between Take That and Nickelback. Kind of like a boy band but with actual instruments.

What I personally expect from Coldplay in the years ahead is a sound somewhere between Take That and Nickelback. Kind of like a boy band but with actual instruments.

Actually, I'd go a step further and say Coldplay are dangerously verging close to this already. Retrospectively, if we look at the Coldplay timeline, we see how they started out as a genuine rock band interested in making great music. As the fame, chart positions and money increases, we see how slowly yet surely they have chipped away at themselves. I would say they haven't been a legitimate rock band since 2005 (I found this hard to accept, but I don't think their is any use hiding from it. They are pure pop act masquerading as a band nowadays) I used to previously think VLV was the record that broke them but after reflecting on it more I think it was their own perception of X&Y and the interference of Brian Eno that have resulted in the aberration we have today.

My own hope is that in a few years time, possibly after a long hiatus. When they're a bit older and more chill and when their prominence has faded they'll come back bigger and stronger (pun intended) than ever and lose all this pomp and circumstance they've accumulated the last few years and go back to basics.

Actually, I'd go a step further and say Coldplay are dangerously verging close to this already. Retrospectively, if we look at the Coldplay timeline, we see how they started out as a genuine rock band interested in making great music. As the fame, chart positions and money increases, we see how slowly yet surely they have chipped away at themselves. I would say they haven't been a legitimate rock band since 2005 (I found this hard to accept, but I don't think their is any use hiding from it. They are pure pop act masquerading as a band nowadays) I used to previously think VLV was the record that broke them but after reflecting on it more I think it was their own perception of X&Y and the interference of Brian Eno that have resulted in the aberration we have today.

My own hope is that in a few years time, possibly after a long hiatus. When they're a bit older and more chill and when their prominence has faded they'll come back bigger and stronger (pun intended) than ever and lose all this pomp and circumstance they've accumulated the last few years and go back to basics.

Agree with you, a long hiatus is all we can hope for. Maybe they'll become a little nostalgic about the rock sound of their early years and revisit it in the far future.

Yesterday I saw an interview with Will and Chris during the Parachutes Tour. The hostess asked, What is it that people like/enjoy in your music ?

See Will's response at approx. 3.50

[video=youtube;OSDK3D5bcI4]

"it's not flashy, not overproduced...good melodies, good songs and no bullshit"

In other words, the total opposite of MX.

This happened a little while ago, but I thought I'd share...

So my local radio station thing called "Make it Start" where the DJ sings the lyrics to a song but to the backing track and rhythm of another, and someone has to call up and name the song of the lyrics he is singing in oder to 'make the real song start.'

I was sitting in my car listening and all the sudden he starts singing "Come up to meet you, tell you im sorry..." So I'm yelling "The Scientist!, The Scientist!!"

So someone calls and names some song that wasn't even right.

Then the next person calls and says "It's Nobody Said it was Easy by Coldplay". The DJ was like nope so sorry.

Then the next person calls and says "It's Yellow.....ohhhh I can't remember the name of the band." "Nope, goodbye"

The next person calls and is like "ohhh just lost it"

At this point the DJ (and I) are laughing and pretty much yelling at everyone who is calling wondering why they can't get it....

Finally, someone says "Coldplay's The Scientist"....and they won some concert tickets...(not to Coldplay, though)

Anyway, I thought that was both funny and a bit painful :p

This happened a little while ago, but I thought I'd share...

So my local radio station thing called "Make it Start" where the DJ sings the lyrics to a song but to the backing track and rhythm of another, and someone has to call up and name the song of the lyrics he is singing in oder to 'make the real song start.'

I was sitting in my car listening and all the sudden he starts singing "Come up to meet you, tell you im sorry..." So I'm yelling "The Scientist!, The Scientist!!"

So someone calls and names some song that wasn't even right.

Then the next person calls and says "It's Nobody Said it was Easy by Coldplay". The DJ was like nope so sorry.

Then the next person calls and says "It's Yellow.....ohhhh I can't remember the name of the band." "Nope, goodbye"

The next person calls and is like "ohhh just lost it"

At this point the DJ (and I) are laughing and pretty much yelling at everyone who is calling wondering why they can't get it....

Finally, someone says "Coldplay's The Scientist"....and they won some concert tickets...(not to Coldplay, though)

Anyway, I thought that was both funny and a bit painful :p

LOL

And MX just seemed empty, soulless, apart from maybe two songs :sad: It felt like Coldplay inhaled some social media and pooped out unicorn muffins :shame:

I know you wrote this on another thread but it seemed the most appropriate to write my thoughts here...

I really liked MX, I thought it was their 'happy' album... To this day, I can't figure out why people hate it so much, or even call it empty or soul-less... The lyrics were not particularly meaningful but their lyrics have never been consistently good (think the band who brought us Ode To Deodorant among other gems while thinking about the dood ol' days that brought The Scientist :laugh4:). In saying that I thought the first 8 tracks of MX(up to Major Minus) were all ace! HLH, Charlie Brown, ETIAW all had killer riffs by Jonny and had such a joyful vibe, in addition to being stadium monsters in concert... Major Minus reminded us that they can still be creative and rock their guitars, while Paradise was such a good pop song (I know we like them to rock but can't they be good at both :rolleyes:). I do agree they seem to have overdone the social media bit...