✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I know you wrote this on another thread but it seemed the most appropriate to write my thoughts here...

I really liked MX, I thought it was their 'happy' album... To this day, I can't figure out why people hate it so much, or even call it empty or soul-less... The lyrics were not particularly meaningful but their lyrics have never been consistently good (think the band who brought us Ode To Deodorant among other gems while thinking about the dood ol' days that brought The Scientist :laugh4:). In saying that I thought the first 8 tracks of MX(up to Major Minus) were all ace! HLH, Charlie Brown, ETIAW all had killer riffs by Jonny and had such a joyful vibe, in addition to being stadium monsters in concert... Major Minus reminded us that they can still be creative and rock their guitars, while Paradise was such a good pop song (I know we like them to rock but can't they be good at both :rolleyes:). I do agree they seem to have overdone the social media bit...

That's the issue with music, everybody has a different taste :lol:

I really detested ETIAW (now that I've seen it live I like it), Paradise, Major Minus (only like the last part of it), Princess Of China (UGH!), Up in Flames (I find it immensely annoying).

BUT!

I rate the songs very differently from most of the people here. Most of the fans rate the song by its lyrics and composition, I mostly just really care for the melody, and then later on I bother with the lyrics (maybe because English isn't my mother tongue so I can easily ignore the language).

So, the songs I really love from MX are Up With The Birds (it has such a layered melody with a lot of texutres, I really love that. And I think the lyrics are also very intelligent), Moving To Mars (random lyrics but I really like the change of musical style in the middle) and A Hopeful Transmission/Dont Let It Break Your Heart (that song is just straight down motivating lol)

*edit: Oh yeah and I think why most people didn't like MX was the fact that it was so very different from the previous albums that most of the old fans just were like "wTF IS THIS" and felt kinda dumbfounded?

I was rewatching White Shadows from Toronto in 2006...

Chris and Jonny are just laying on the stage at the end with the crowd all around them and Chris says "We've come a long way man." How surreal that must have for those guys who were just college buddies a handful of years before, stopping and seeing where there were/how far they'd come.

...and to think it's even been almost ten years since that [emoji55]

Guest diogo_sg

Chris and Jonny are just laying on the stage at the end with the crowd all around them and Chris says "We've come a long way man." How surreal that must have for those guys who were just college buddies a handful of years before, stopping and seeing where there were/how far they'd come.

...and to this it's even been almost ten years since that [emoji55]

The most important part is they haven't forgotten who they are. They didn't let the fame take them over. That's something to praise. A lot.

And that must be a crazy feeling. Being surrounded by thousands of people who love you and your work. People who just a couple years ago didn't even know you existed. That's got to be amazing. They're the best. I love them. Really do.

and they are still the best of friends, on stage and off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GlobalCitizenFestival?src=hash">#GlobalCitizenFestival</a> Jay Z watching Coldplay & Chris Martin backstage <a href="http://t.co/n3N2hgdXLO">pic.twitter.com/n3N2hgdXLO</a></p>— Thomas Saint-Clair (@morphian13) <a href="https://twitter.com/morphian13/status/648522109187190785">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That gave me some real feels, man...wow

It's been years since that moment... and I've still never heard of a rift in the band or serious split rumors. They would never be the same without each other, they are all irreplaceable. Not many bands have kept their original lineup this long.

Thanks for the replies �� I'm glad people can see how special that moment really was. It certainly gives me feels every single time.

On another note, it can't be denied those guys all love each other a ton. Especially it seems Chris and Jonny; not like in a romantic way but you can see those guys adore each other.

my mp3 players being weird, have like a full playlist of 25 songs it can play but instead goes back to these songs in this exact order

Christmas Lights

Midnight

Oceans

Aiko

Speed of Sound

Careful where you Stand

than loops back to the start.

Actually this is a really nice playlist... might keeo it. It's nice.

holy... just rewatched that clip and I totally get where you're coming from! It's amazing their chemistry... and it's still here. They've sure came a long way... not only was that performance magical, that part was just on a whole another level...

Can someone post a YouTube link or a clip of this moment please? I'm sure everyone will be so grateful :D

[video=youtube;vwgJeU7r_zE]

Yeah, I had been expecting that but it is actually not in the movie. Just visible for 5 seconds while Shaun zaps through TV channels after the Zombie catastrophe. Oh, and Chris staggering in the background as a Zombie, but that again lasts only 3 seconds. I was kinda disappointed, especially since the movie was kinda gross...

I want to tell you something, fellow Coldplayers. Whenever I hear the guitar sound in I Ran Away, I get this odd feeling as if I've heard that song a long, long time ago. And I have no idea why I get this feeling. As if it reminds me of something but I have no idea what. But it is highly improbable for me to have heard the song many years ago. I guess it is just my brain playing tricks on me, like a Deja-vu phenomenon. Curiously, it is the only Coldplay song that makes me feel like this.

Anyone ever experienced something similar ??