✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

@ChrisMartinFan - CONGRATS !! I was hoping you would win ! 1st time in India and you will be there ! I am so happy for you !

@Athena Pedroza - nice to meet you and welcome to the forum ! Which country are you from ?

Aww that's so lovely of you :nice: <3

Thank youuuuuu!!! :D

I knowwwww D: I can't believe my luck :shocked2:

Omg seriously this is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I'm so ecstatic :bliss: my obsession with this band is probably a bit unhealthy, but who cares :D

• Like 2

My random Coldplay things today:

- saw a car with the plate M XY....my first thought was Mylo XYloto or X&Y...

- there is a big city street festival today, and on one of the flea market stands I saw the VLV CD (but ridiculously overpriced and i already have it anyway)

- there is this band covering popular songs from the 2000s and 2010s throughout the day...but for some reason I can't explain, Coldplay is never ever among the covered songs, not today and not any other time I saw one of those coverbands play. I can understand it's not your typical party song choice, but still...

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg
a8f7a11bf8d472fade4a02a5f8e74e52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's accurate [emoji106]

Welcome back! :D

Also GUYS OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL FROM GLOBAL CITIZEN!!! I WON TWO TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL AHHHHH I'M LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE THEM LIVE AHHHHHHHH DREAM COME TRUE OMG I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY WIN AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN D: OMG OMG OMG MY MOM HEARD ME SCREECHING AND THOUGHT I FELL DOWN AND HURT MYSELF OR SOMETHING XD I CAN'T STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN XDDD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!!! Your post made me smile (still am) so much!!! I hope you have the best time ever at the concert and the festival overall. Enjoy it [emoji7] [emoji7]

W

I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL FROM GLOBAL CITIZEN!!! I WON TWO TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL AHHHHH I'M LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE THEM LIVE AHHHHHHHH DREAM COME TRUE OMG I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY WIN AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN D: OMG OMG OMG MY MOM HEARD ME SCREECHING AND THOUGHT I FELL DOWN AND HURT MYSELF OR SOMETHING XD I CAN'T STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN XDDD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

WOW OMG CONGRATS SO HAPPY FOR YOU:D

• Like 3

Alrighty, anyone remember this? When I was super new to the forum, I did this all the time when I had a ton of quotes to respond to? Color coding time again! :D

(For anyone new to the forum, or just interested in why I did this in general, I only did this when I had a lot of quotes to reply to so the people who are only interested in seeing their own quotes can find them easily. Also putting quotes in spoilers so it doesn't take up massive amounts of room on the page. Of course anyone wanting to read all quotes like me can do so :D)

42Escapist, your quote is in red.

Nie, your quote is in blue.

I ran away, your 5 quotes are in gold. (One of these also applies to @ChrisMartinFan.)

ChrisMartinFan, your quote is in green.

On a side note, one of my favorite non-Coldplay songs, Everything In Its Right Place by Radiohead, played in the background during part of the performance. That was a cool moment.

Cool! :)

Wow! That must have been neat to hear, that's quite rare! :)

Talking about True Love...

Earlier today I was trying to make a photo of the TL single disc and it turned out like a mix between TL and AHFOD. [emoji4]

[ATTACH=full]5987[/ATTACH]

Coldplay needs to see this picture so for at least one more single they can do it in a style similar to this :Dabsolutely love the look of it![emoji813]:dazzled:

Hello everyone,

i took some time off from here (at least from actively responding, I did take a few minutes of sneak peeks every few days to keep on top with what was going on) but I just wanted to say I'm back...missed this nice community !

@cp3176 - nice to have you back in the forum !

*retreats to read the approximately 42.001.360.000 posts that have been made between the moment she left and now*

Glad to see you back too! Was wondering if everything was going okay in your life recently?

We all need to take breaks though sometimes. That's what I did for like 5 months before coming back right around my 1 year anniversary of being at Coldplaying! The time has gone so fast! I remember right around this time last year hype for AHFOD was massive! Leaked pictures and everything, people telling us they were in fact working on something but couldn't give away anything else... kept us guessing every day, it was super fun! It must have been disappointing for some people like you unfortunately though. Getting all excited about these really diverse influences to get a more mainstream album then we expected... I was a little underwhelmed too but I personally still like the album, even if it could have been more similar to what we thought, that would have been epic!! :D

Oh, and by the way, sorry. I'm a he LOL :) It's okay, I can't say anything because I remember I called you a he three times or something like that before I finally remembered forever that you were a she... I was so embarassed the second and third times :embarrassed:

I know about the lip-sync mayhem, but autotune ? Where ?

In Army of One. I was confused for a while at first too when people were claiming he was using autotune. But I noticed once when I was listening to it at the end of the song, the "army of o-on-ne", that one is so autotuned.. Not aggressively like some songs do but if you'll noticed it sounds a little too "perfect" to be completely natural. Sounds like it's shifting down. That's the most obvious example I can think of, when he says that army of one at the end of the song, the notes in "one" are autotuned. Then I started noticing it was used throughout the entire song when he goes down the notes in the same pattern, throughout beginning to end, not saying "one" necessarily but whatever word he happens to be saying at that particular moment.

I'm not talking about the vocal chops. Those are different. (But still something I've noticed you despise :P)

It makes me frustrated sometimes. He once could sing amazingly without autotune, now that as you've said he strained his voice it's not as good as it once was, and I am so sad to see he has to use autotune. I'm pretty sure he could fare just fine without it if he were to try hard enough... :(

At least if they have to do autotune can they use it in a creative way like Radiohead does on some of their tracks? Give it a sort of vibe otherwise difficult to achieve? Thom Yorke doesn't need autotune, that's the thing. It's only chosen on some tracks to give a certain vibe to it, in cases like that I actually support autotune, for creative purposes! :) If Chris Martin says rock is dead how about the band trys and steps outside the box a little bit? Instead of collabing with big pop acts and making a more radio-friendly album than any of others? I mean, yes as a whole AHFOD in my opinion still isn't a typical pop album, it has much more rock influences compared to most pop albums nowadays, and that I appreciate. And some tracks showcase them stepping outside their comfort zone here and there... but it was nothing compared to what we were expecting back when AHFOD was super hyped up. Bit underwhelming that they didn't do that and instead chose to go more mainstream route but don't worry anyone else reading this, I still enjoy AHFOD! :) Just pointing out what could have been done better. Hopefully LP8 gives us something truly fresh and new, it would be great to see the boys really take it a step further once again with their creativity like they did with Viva. I'm not convinced they can do this pop thing a whole lot longer, you see the band playing older songs more and more often, maybe they're truly starting to tire out of playing these big pop rock anthems, which of course was really fun while it lasted, but I mean they're getting into their 40s. They don't seem to repeat eras exactly, so hopefully they do something truly unique in LP8! :)

This is my personal nightmare. Ever since it happened to me many years ago on a train (with a classical piece, not Coldplay), I always check the connection. Often I even check that nothing gets through by already starting the music but still holding the earplugs in my hand (I have gotten a bit too paranoid, I know). Despite all this, it happened to me again last year when I came out of a supermarket and I played the beginning of Sweet Marianne for the street rather than for my ears. Luckily, there was only one person in the street.

I don't listen to Coldplay (or any music for that matter) in public too much but I am learning from these posts it definitely is a good idea to check the connection first, and even so as you said it can sometimes fail, that was funny how you mentioned you accidentally played the beginning of Sweet Marianne for the street and not your ears[emoji38]I love how you tell your stories, they make me laugh every time :D The times I have been doing it in public I do check the connection anyway, once it almost happened to me lol :)

My random Coldplay things today:

- saw a car with the plate M XY....my first thought was Mylo XYloto or X&Y...

- there is a big city street festival today, and on one of the flea market stands I saw the VLV CD (but ridiculously overpriced and i already have it anyway)

- there is this band covering popular songs from the 2000s and 2010s throughout the day...but for some reason I can't explain, Coldplay is never ever among the covered songs, not today and not any other time I saw one of those coverbands play. I can understand it's not your typical party song choice, but still...

-Might mean both. :D

-Cool, sucks it was overpriced though. Good thing you already have it :D

-Wow, bummer though that Coldplay still hasn't been covered... I wish a band would cover Coldplay sometime for you and all the other Coldplay fans around!

Was that a sneaky VLV reference? :D

It was. I like to sneak in things like that :D

See, the second time I read your post I got it, can't believe it flew over my head the first time for it being my third favorite Coldplay song! :D

I like to do that from time to time too, in fact, I did it once during this post to you, I ran away, can you find it? :) (Not this specific reply, but in one of my replies to you I threw a minor Coldplay reference in there... originally not intended :D)

Wow!!!! Congratulations, you're very lucky! Have an "amazing day" there! :D

Felt so nostalgic while writing this..[emoji813]

• Like 5

Alrighty, anyone remember this? When I was super new to the forum, I did this all the time when I had a ton of quotes to respond to? Color coding time again! :D

(For anyone new to the forum, or just interested in why I did this in general, I only did this when I had a lot of quotes to reply to so the people who are only interested in seeing their own quotes can find them easily. Also putting quotes in spoilers so it doesn't take up massive amounts of room on the page. Of course anyone wanting to read all quotes like me can do so :D)

I ran away, your 5 quotes are in gold. (One of these also applies to @ChrisMartinFan.)

[spoiler=Quotes]

Cool! :)

Wow! That must have been neat to hear, that's quite rare! :)

Coldplay needs to see this picture so for at least one more single they can do it in a style similar to this :Dabsolutely love the look of it! :heart: :dazzled:

Glad to see you back too! Was wondering if everything was going okay in your life recently?

We all need to take breaks though sometimes. That's what I did for like 5 months before coming back right around my 1 year anniversary of being at Coldplaying! The time has gone so fast! I remember right around this time last year hype for AHFOD was massive! Leaked pictures and everything, people telling us they were in fact working on something but couldn't give away anything else... kept us guessing every day, it was super fun! It must have been disappointing for some people like you unfortunately though. Getting all excited about these really diverse influences to get a more mainstream album then we expected... I was a little underwhelmed too but I personally still like the album, even if it could have been more similar to what we thought, that would have been epic!! :D

Oh, and by the way, sorry. I'm a he LOL :) It's okay, I can't say anything because I remember I called you a he three times or something like that before I finally remembered forever that you were a she... I was so embarassed the second and third times :embarrassed:

In Army of One. I was confused for a while at first too when people were claiming he was using autotune. But I noticed once when I was listening to it at the end of the song, the "army of o-on-ne", that one is so autotuned.. Not aggressively like some songs do but if you'll noticed it sounds a little too "perfect" to be completely natural. Sounds like it's shifting down. That's the most obvious example I can think of, when he says that army of one at the end of the song, the notes in "one" are autotuned. Then I started noticing it was used throughout the entire song when he goes down the notes in the same pattern, throughout beginning to end, not saying "one" necessarily but whatever word he happens to be saying at that particular moment.

I'm not talking about the vocal chops. Those are different. (But still something I've noticed you despise :P)

It makes me frustrated sometimes. He once could sing amazingly without autotune, now that as you've said he strained his voice it's not as good as it once was, and I am so sad to see he has to use autotune. I'm pretty sure he could fare just fine without it if he were to try hard enough... :(

At least if they have to do autotune can they use it in a creative way like Radiohead does on some of their tracks? Give it a sort of vibe otherwise difficult to achieve? Thom Yorke doesn't need autotune, that's the thing. It's only chosen on some tracks to give a certain vibe to it, in cases like that I actually support autotune, for creative purposes! :) If Chris Martin says rock is dead how about the band trys and steps outside the box a little bit? Instead of collabing with big pop acts and making a more radio-friendly album than any of others? I mean, yes as a whole AHFOD in my opinion still isn't a typical pop album, it has much more rock influences compared to most pop albums nowadays, and that I appreciate. And some tracks showcase them stepping outside their comfort zone here and there... but it was nothing compared to what we were expecting back when AHFOD was super hyped up. Bit underwhelming that they didn't do that and instead chose to go more mainstream route but don't worry anyone else reading this, I still enjoy AHFOD! :) Just pointing out what could have been done better. Hopefully LP8 gives us something truly fresh and new, it would be great to see the boys really take it a step further once again with their creativity like they did with Viva. I'm not convinced they can do this pop thing a whole lot longer, you see the band playing older songs more and more often, maybe they're truly starting to tire out of playing these big pop rock anthems, which of course was really fun while it lasted, but I mean they're getting into their 40s. They don't seem to repeat eras exactly, so hopefully they do something truly unique in LP8! :)

I don't listen to Coldplay (or any music for that matter) in public too much but I am learning from these posts it definitely is a good idea to check the connection first, and even so as you said it can sometimes fail, that was funny how you mentioned you accidentally played the beginning of Sweet Marianne for the street and not your ears :lol: I love how you tell your stories, they make me laugh every time :D The times I have been doing it in public I do check the connection anyway, once it almost happened to me lol :)

-Might mean both. :D

-Cool, sucks it was overpriced though. Good thing you already have it :D

-Wow, bummer though that Coldplay still hasn't been covered... I wish a band would cover Coldplay sometime for you and all the other Coldplay fans around!

See, the second time I read your post I got it, can't believe it flew over my head the first time for it being my third favorite Coldplay song! :D

I like to do that from time to time too, in fact, I did it once during this post to you, I ran away, can you find it? :) (Not this specific reply, but in one of my replies to you I threw a minor Coldplay reference in there... originally not intended :D)

Wow!!!! Congratulations, you're very lucky! Have an "amazing day" there! :D

Felt so nostalgic while writing this.. :heart:

Hi, thanks for your long reply ! Hmm, I didn't see the Coldplay reference, was it in this post ? Must have missed it then !

As for the he and she, I remember you are a he ! If you meant the she I used in the sentence saying there are 42 billion or something posts to read, I was actually referring to myself in an ironic way and using the third person (yes, it was a bit of a stupid grammatical construct in retrospect). I didn't mean you in particular (cause I know you are a he) although of course your posts are among those that I am currently working my way through too, and I like reading them - your post just made me smile too :)

Ah, how I missed this place !

Well anway, welcome back and here is to more posting and Coldplay-watching :drinking:

• Like 2

Yeah, that's accurate emoji106.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!!! Your post made me smile (still am) so much!!! I hope you have the best time ever at the concert and the festival overall. Enjoy it emoji7.pngemoji7.png

Awwhh you're always so sweet! <3

Your posts always make me smile too because you're always so nice :D you seem like a really wonderful person :nice:

Thank youuuuuu <3

I can't imagine not having the time of my life :D It's freaking Coldplay :dance::loveshower:

W

WOW OMG CONGRATS SO HAPPY FOR YOU:D

Thank youuuuuu :dazzled:

@cp3176 I love the idea of color coding our replies :dazzled: now if only I wasn't too lazy to actually do it xD

And thank you! :D

I'm going there with a head full of dreams hoping to have the adventure of a lifetime. I just know the concert is going to be filled with Fun and Magic. It ends at Midnight so we might just see a sky full of stars. I imagine it's kind of like being in Paradise. ;)

• Like 5

Hi, thanks for your long reply ! Hmm, I didn't see the Coldplay reference, was it in this post ? Must have missed it then !

As for the he and she, I remember you are a he ! If you meant the she I used in the sentence saying there are 42 billion or something posts to read, I was actually referring to myself in an ironic way and using the third person (yes, it was a bit of a stupid grammatical construct in retrospect). I didn't mean you in particular (cause I know you are a he) although of course your posts are among those that I am currently working my way through too, and I like reading them - your post just made me smile too :)

Ah, how I missed this place !

Well anway, welcome back and here is to more posting and Coldplay-watching :drinking:

Ohhh I see, that makes more sense now, lol :)

EDIT: The Coldplay reference was very subtle, it was a song much less known. "For You" and I said exactly that when I wished a band to cover some song from Coldplay "for you" :D

@cp3176 I love the idea of color coding our replies :dazzled: now if only I wasn't too lazy to actually do it xD

And thank you! :D

I'm going there with a head full of dreams hoping to have the adventure of a lifetime. I just know the concert is going to be filled with Fun and Magic. It ends at Midnight so we might just see a sky full of stars. I imagine it's kind of like being in Paradise. ;)

I don't do it a lot anymore since there aren't as many posts to get through usually but for example if I miss a day on the forum like I did yesterday and there's a ton of posts to get back to I'll use color coding again.

Felt so nostalgic... last time I used that I was very interested in discovering all there was to know about Coldplay, I did most of this discovering around winter, so that winter in particular is very nostalgic for me and some Coldplay songs I strongly link with memories from back then :)

Spotted this online. Check out the background [emoji7]

b81884ceba3cbe9dc962fe6e65d74942.jpg

x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Hey, I've seen some of their posts before! That's cool how they used something very very similar to the picture in the middle of the AHFOD cover, the quote and image fit so nicely together :)

• Like 2

OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! :vuvuzela:

Your post reminded me the day I received the email that said I was going to be a volunteer for Global Citizen.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

• Like 5

You know what's interesting about listening uplifting Coldplay tracks while walking in public ? Here are some thoughts. For example if I listen to stuff like Talk, Viva La Vida, White Shadows etc. I have to keep myself from wanting to dance along or singing along. :D When I pull the earplugs out and everything is suddenly quiet, I get reminded that the party is only going on in my head and is totally out of sync with what is going on in the real world at that moment. I also noticed that fast songs tend to make me quicken my pace subconsciously. And here is a confession: You know the moment during A Head Full Of Dreams Live when after the Oooh chant the colors explode and Chris makes that jump ? Well, once I was listening to just that track on a street that was completely empty...and I actually did the jump (or at least my imitation of it ;)) at that moment. It felt great :D

• Like 12

You know what's interesting about listening uplifting Coldplay tracks while walking in public ? Here are some thoughts. For example if I listen to stuff like Talk, Viva La Vida, White Shadows etc. I have to keep myself from wanting to dance along or singing along. :D When I pull the earplugs out and everything is suddenly quiet, I get reminded that the party is only going on in my head and is totally out of sync with what is going on in the real world at that moment. I also noticed that fast songs tend to make me quicken my pace subconsciously. And here is a confession: You know the moment during A Head Full Of Dreams Live when after the Oooh chant the colors explode and Chris makes that jump ? Well, once I was listening to just that track on a street that was completely empty...and I actually did the jump (or at least my imitation of it ;)) at that moment. It felt great :D

Ah, see? Everyone needs a dancey uplifing song in a while. :D

As much as we want to deny that those tracks are good (talking about more hardcore Oldplayers), you gotta dance once in a while. Even The Adversary admitted to liking that Avicii remix of ASFOS. I was ultra shocked when I found out, never in a million years had I thought someone like he/she would like that song, and a dancier version at that. :D

That's actually funny hahaha. The song's not bad though...

Not bad, but not too too good either. Still a lot better than most mainstream pop nowadays :P

But it's annoying me, like Coldplay where are the B-sides? Used to have so much of them. Ever since Mylo there have been much less of them. And even then at least there were a couple non album songs. The only non album song from this era I'd consider to be Gone But Not F. Cotton because it gives me a colorful feel to it just like a lot of the tracks on AHFOD.

• Like 1

I was talking to my brother on the phone yesterday and he mentioned some of his new friends' names from school (he's in seventh grade). Turns out he's friends with both a Chris and a Martin. :laugh3:

I definitely remember this! :D I always loved that idea and I find it very efficient. It's like a ton of replies all in one.

Does anyone who was here a year ago remember all of my double posts? ;) The forum's old vBulletin software must have hated me because a good portion of my posts were just unintentional duplicates. :P So honestly I probably haven't made 2,121 unique posts... only 1,500 or so. :laugh3:

EDIT: This was my 2,121st post... 21 plus 21 equals 42. :awesome:

• Like 3

How much Coldplay should be collaborating with people like Eddie Vedder and Beck and not Stargate and Beyonce. After this album, I say they make a different new album altogether based on the sound and tone of Chris & Eddie's performance last night. And one side should be that, the other should be a more ambient side.

So think of it Piano-Guitar Unplugged/Ambient

I'd love that so much:)

• Like 6