✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Finally, I had a Coldplayish dream after a long long time :)

We live a few hundred meters from the European company DSM which means Dutch State Mines.

My (kind of) Coldplayish dream:

I remember dreaming about explosions at the DSM and that we all had to close our windows of our home.

So when I went upstairs to my room to close the window I looked out of my window for a moment and saw that Coldplay were performing, only 200 meters away, I think.

I remember that I saw all those colours and A Head Full Of Dreams themed figures on the screens behind them. There weren't a lot of people at the show if I remember correctly :speechless:

But the weird thing is, I didn't pay much attention to them (that's not like me, trust me). Because of the explosions and kind of stuff, they stopped the show in a middle of a song, a little later.

And then, I woke up :D

I know it sounds kinda weird but this is just what's my dream of last night is all about, not that spectacular indeed.

But it is rare because I don't often have a dream with Coldplay in it !

• Like 8

We live a few hundred meters from the European company DSM which means Dutch State Mines. I remember dreaming about explosions at the DSM and that we all had to close our windows of our home.

So when I went upstairs to my room to close the window (in my dream :P) I looked out of my window for a moment and saw that Coldplay were performing, only 200 meters away, I think.

I remember that I saw all those colours and A Head Full Of Dreams themed figures on the screens behind them. There weren't a lot of people at the show if I remember correctly :speechless:

But the weird thing is, I didn't pay much attention to them (that's not like me, trust me). Because of the explosions and kind of stuff, they stopped the show in a middle of a song, a little later.

I know it sounds kinda weird but this is just what's my dream of last night is all about, not that spectacular indeed.

I missed that part about the dream for a bit and was like WHAAAT!? Haha I knew Coldplay had good fireworks and stuff but this is next level.

• Like 5

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet. Chris explains the story behind Don't Panic, it's really funny!

I saw that in person :)

I also put a video like that up on YouTube. I completely forgot that Chris said not to! :facepalm:

Also, I've been here for a year now! Was great seeing the forum grow bigger and better since then. :)

Congrats!

:vuvuzela:

• Like 6

We live a few hundred meters from the European company DSM which means Dutch State Mines.

I remember dreaming about explosions at the DSM and that we all had to close our windows of our home.

So when I went upstairs to my room to close the window I looked out of my window for a moment and saw that Coldplay were performing, only 200 meters away, I think.

LOL, it seems like EVERY dream is weird, from what I heard from others.

About two weeks ago, I had a dream. I don't remember what the dream was about, but when I woke up from it, I had a piece of gum in my mouth. I looked at the packaging it came from, and it said Trident™ on it. I thought, "This is weird. I don't remember chewing gum before I went to sleep." Then something crazy happened. I woke up for real, and I didn't have any gum in my mouth! It turns out that I had a dream within my dream! Pretty trippy, huh? I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

Makes me wonder how we can know for sure if the lives we are living aren't a dream :o

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg

Saw that one of my favourite bands did a snippet of Yellow here.

Also, I've been here for a year now! Was great seeing the forum grow bigger and better since then. :)

Congratulations!! :D [emoji322]

About two weeks ago, I had a dream. I don't remember what the dream was about, but when I woke up from it, I had a piece of gum in my mouth. I looked at the packaging it came from, and it said Trident[emoji769] on it. I thought, "This is weird. I don't remember chewing gum before I went to sleep." Then something crazy happened. I woke up for real, and I didn't have any gum in my mouth! It turns out that I had a dream within my dream! Pretty trippy, huh? I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

Makes me wonder how we can know for sure if the lives we are living aren't a dream :o

We all live in the Coldtrix. Someday, Mylo will come to release us all.

I had a Coldplay related dream a while ago.

I was standing next to a stage where Chris was performing. (Don't remember if the rest of the band was there too.)

When the concert was over I had to bring Chris to his loge and was like responsible for his safety.

Me, of all people. He is a head taller than me. [emoji16]

I was pretty confused when I woke up. And I rarely remember my dreams.

• Like 6

Welcome back! :D

Also GUYS OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL FROM GLOBAL CITIZEN!!! I WON TWO TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL AHHHHH I'M LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE THEM LIVE AHHHHHHHH DREAM COME TRUE OMG I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY WIN AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN D: OMG OMG OMG MY MOM HEARD ME SCREECHING AND THOUGHT I FELL DOWN AND HURT MYSELF OR SOMETHING XD I CAN'T STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN XDDD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

I'm veeery late but... OH SHIT IM SO HAPPY! I remember our small talk about India and that Coldplay will never visit your country... you see? Always listen to Mr. Chris Martin: "Don't ever give up" ;) When they'll finally announce some more dates in Europe, I'll probably not be able to function properly for a week lol

You know what's interesting about listening uplifting Coldplay tracks while walking in public ? Here are some thoughts. For example if I listen to stuff like Talk, Viva La Vida, White Shadows etc. I have to keep myself from wanting to dance along or singing along. :D When I pull the earplugs out and everything is suddenly quiet, I get reminded that the party is only going on in my head and is totally out of sync with what is going on in the real world at that moment. I also noticed that fast songs tend to make me quicken my pace subconsciously. And here is a confession: You know the moment during A Head Full Of Dreams Live when after the Oooh chant the colors explode and Chris makes that jump ? Well, once I was listening to just that track on a street that was completely empty...and I actually did the jump (or at least my imitation of it ;)) at that moment. It felt great :D

When I listen to the more happy Coldplay songs in public I always want to do "the Chris Martin's freaky dance", scream and jump... Usually I stay calm, but sometimes I can't resist pretending that my fingers are drumsticks and everything around me is a percussion [emoji23]

• Like 5

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet. Chris explains the story behind Don't Panic, it's really funny!

thank you for sharing this video! i remember Chris telling this story in an interview from loooooooooong ago, maybe around the time AROBTTH came out or even before

i just wish they would tell the story of why Jonny sings on it in the first place :P

• Like 2

Sonny, your quote's in red.

anthamic, your quote's in blue.

I ran away, your quote's in gold.

Gideon_Mx, your quote's in green.

guy42, your 2 quotes are in magenta.

diogo_sg, your quote's in orange.

Nie, your quote's in purple.

alicjanna, your quote's in turquoise.

The real funny thing is, he said not to post it on YouTube :D Too bad now, it's immortalized and I'm sure someone somewhere has downloaded it :D

that being me...

Saw that one of my favourite bands did a snippet of Yellow here.

Also, I've been here for a year now! Was great seeing the forum grow bigger and better since then. :).

Cool!

Congratulations! I recently had my first year anniversary at Coldplaying too. It's truly an amazing place and I'm glad to be part of it :D

Also if I remember correctly, this marks the 1 year anniversary of the first song being debuted live from our album, Amazing Day!! :D We got a wonderful surprise that day, a wonderful gift from Coldplay to us. Was so happy we got something... it was truly an amazing day. No wonder why they chose it to be debuted first... :D

Heard first snippet of it yesterday a year ago. :D

Also, just ignore the fact that your quote is split in two, I can't figure out why and I can't fix it and it's not the biggest deal in the world anyways so I'm going to have to leave it for now...

I watched some TV with my family yesterday, we watched a documentation, and i got distracted because the background music used in parts was a loop of the riff of HFTW (i mean the three chord guitar riff used right before Chris starts singing)

Lol :D Don't know exactly what you mean by that riff though. Still pretty cool though to hear.

BTW on your other post mentioning 3 of the 4 songs that gave you energy that you mentioned in that one post were Oldplaying, I was talking about your "confession", not those other songs you mentioned which are still very awesome as we all know. You admitted you even like some Newplay. I should have been more clear to say: we all still gotta like Newplay every once in a while :D

Cool!

Interesting enough despite my love for Coldplay I've only had one dream of them and it was just a small part of the dream. It was a really weird, and almost scary in the beginning but awesome dream if I remember correctly and am not mixing up parts of dreams. :D On my way to someplace far away (way before in the dream, for anyone wondering, I was in my home with my family and for some reason like we just knew there would be these people rolling up in our driveway which would all come and try to do really bad stuff to us all, and when we were waiting at the top of the stairs looking for the window waiting for the lights to roll in there were much more people there, my whole extended family, a lot of us like 20 people while we've never had that many people in one family gathering. For some reason we just left everything behind and ran once they rolled in, as fast as we could out the back door. It was different than in real life, the alleyway behind our home was a little wider and as usual in my dreams I bounced up and down a little more while running and felt this weird unstoppable force trying to slow me down in running, like you want to run faster but something is holdiong you back... really weird! There were large gaps in between people at this point and I was one of the last people, getting paranoid that the evil people would see me and eventually catch up. Usually when I'm paranoid in my dream of something that thing ends up happening but it never did here thankfully, because in all this dream was an epic experience although scary. It was night time when they came, but apparently the sun was on it's way up because now it was truly morning with the sun risen. There was frost on the ground, this was sometime in fall so a bit cool out. My alleyway in real life wasn't nearly this long and doesn't lead into this sort of natural area type thing but it did in the dream, and we just kept running for a while... until this other thing happened. Okay, massive dream story over now, I could make it much more detailed but this is what I was able to compress it down into :D) I saw the band, just me and a few other people. They played a few songs for us I believe but I only remember it being like not even 30 seconds long and feels like a really small part of my dream in comparison to my other dreams. In other words we were that lucky enough to hear them playing like 10 feet away from us, no flashing lights or confetti or anything, just them with that colorful stuff all over them and jamming out. It was nice. :D Now in course I would be insanely excited in real life if they played a few songs just for me and a few other people since they never ever ever ever do that but in the dream I don't remember getting specially excited, well I did but not like I'd be in real life! :D

So that's my one Coldplay dream so far. Out of more than a year of fandom I find it so puzzling that I've only had one single appearence of Coldplay in a dream that was so filled with other memories that seemed to be a very small part of it. With every single other thing I like I've had much more dreams about it. Not this time around for some reason... it sure would be nice to have a nice dream mostly dedicated to them for once and see them playing live or something :D

I saw that in person :)

I also put a video like that up on YouTube. I completely forgot that Chris said not to! :facepalm:

Lol, and now it's too late because I bet some people have downloaded the other video...

like me

About two weeks ago, I had a dream. I don't remember what the dream was about, but when I woke up from it, I had a piece of gum in my mouth. I looked at the packaging it came from, and it said Trident™ on it. I thought, "This is weird. I don't remember chewing gum before I went to sleep." Then something crazy happened. I woke up for real, and I didn't have any gum in my mouth! It turns out that I had a dream within my dream! Pretty trippy, huh? I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

That's the nature of dreams. They're weird. :D

That's weird indeed! i once had this dream where I woke up in another dream like 30 times before actually waking up, and I mean waking up in bed. The dreams felt all the exact same, only progressing by a little each time. The last one is really the most interesting so I'll only tell you that one (and btw what's weird in every single one of these dreams is that someone was beside me in bed but there was no one sleeping with me in real life...) This person got up, told me to get up because they were going to show me something. He led me into this door which wasn't there in real life either. I came across a mainly wooden room with 4 doors on all sides of it. We weren't on ground level either, it was like these wooden catwalk things quite a ways up from the floor. There was natural lighting from windows up high, that was it. We went right and came across another room much weirder, it looked like sky blue and some almost cartoony figures I can't seem to remember and that was it. Not even any ground to stand on yet we did. There were a few clouds, not quite cartoonish but in a way, and not natural looking either. Like these really hazy dreamy looking clouds. Not completely overcast but just a few of them... you know what I mean I'm sure. This time I finally woke up for real. I fell asleep again and woke up again, then fell back asleep to a few more false awakenings! In the final one this imaginary person was beside me once again, I noticed they had a laptop and was watching something. I looked, I'm not sure if I asked the person something or not but in the last seconds the person had their fist clenched like they were going to punch me or something. They were still laying down with me, completely frozen and still, but still with the clenched fist in the air. I froze for a few seconds too, then woke up for the final time and finally said I am done with this. My subconscious mind wasn't going to listen and get into an actual dream so I just decided to wake up. It was quite early too. Didn't want or need to get up that early but I had to since I was done with those false awakenings now turning potentially nightmarish. I guess in that time it came from a fear I had, really an irrational one of how sleep paralysis occurs more often in the early morning hours when the sun is just beginning to shine (there's some science I know that I could go over but am not going to for now, unless anyone's interested to know, if that's the case then ask me and I will explain! :)) I was interested in lucid dreaming and such at that time and it was an advantage since you can use that to do something called a wake induced lucid dream where you go directly from a waking state into a dreaming state with no cut in consciousness at all, meaning that you're conscious of your body throughout the process and the consciousness you had when you were in a waking state is the same as you had when you are in a dreaming state, which is a much more boosted form of consciousness then your typical everynight dream. (For those who don't know, lucid dreaming is when you are aware that you are dreaming. You can use this to your advantages to live out any sort of fantasy you want! And I mean anything. The possibilities are limitless; if you can imagine it, it will happen. You can do things impossible in real life such as flying. When you get really good at it you can start to even look past that and do things like asking the dream anything, since after all your subconscious really does know best since it knows you the most. Really just anything you could imagine and you could do it. Sounds amazing right? You could use this in fact to get Coldplay to do anything with you you want! Just imagine the possibilities with them... I bet your really excited now :D :D :D) The thing is with sleep paralysis if you don't think the right way you can get really scared and bad images will pop up and might do harm to you. So you need to remember to stay calm when it happens or else you might have lucid nightmares instead of dreams. (Those are actually a real possibility by the way, and sometimes you can't turn them around, so don't think I'm joking when I say this!)

Anyway this has gone on for too long now. I already spent half an hour plus making this entire massive post so I dont feel like wasting much more time :D I was interested in that stuff back then, all you need to know really. And still am of course. :D So ya.

Sometimes I get these really weird thoughts about that... what if it's all just a dream? Even worse, what if I'm only 4 again and have to relive my whole entire life? :o

We all live in the Coldtrix. Someday, Mylo will come to release us all.

That would be epic. That needs to happen. I would love to meet Mylo.

I had a Coldplay related dream a while ago.

I was standing next to a stage where Chris was performing. (Don't remember if the rest of the band was there too.)

When the concert was over I had to bring Chris to his loge and was like responsible for his safety.

Me, of all people. He is a head taller than me. [emoji16]

I was pretty confused when I woke up. And I rarely remember my dreams.

Lol, cool :D

I'm veeery late but... OH SHIT IM SO HAPPY! I remember our small talk about India and that Coldplay will never visit your country... you see? Always listen to Mr. Chris Martin: "Don't ever give up" ;) When they'll finally announce some more dates in Europe, I'll probably not be able to function properly for a week lol

When I listen to the more happy Coldplay songs in public I always want to do "the Chris Martin's freaky dance", scream and jump... Usually I stay calm, but sometimes I can't resist pretending that my fingers are drumsticks and everything around me is a percussion [emoji23]

I wish Coldplay would visit Canada again. That would be epic for me and a few other people here on the board. I really want to see them without having to go out of country! :D (can't even yet, don't have a passport)

Probably since before I can remember I've been playing the drums, I always tap along to the songs I love and know. Can't help it, it's been infused in me since day 1. :D

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
Sonny, your quote's in red.

anthamic, your quote's in blue.

I ran away, your quote's in gold.

Gideon_Mx, your quote's in green.

guy42, your 2 quotes are in magenta.

diogo_sg, your quote's in orange.

Nie, your quote's in purple.

alicjanna, your quote's in turquoise.

The real funny thing is, he said not to post it on YouTube :D Too bad now, it's immortalized and I'm sure someone somewhere has downloaded it :D

that being me...

Cool!

Congratulations! I recently had my first year anniversary at Coldplaying too. It's truly an amazing place and I'm glad to be part of it :D

Also if I remember correctly, this marks the 1 year anniversary of the first song being debuted live from our album, Amazing Day!! :D We got a wonderful surprise that day, a wonderful gift from Coldplay to us. Was so happy we got something... it was truly an amazing day. No wonder why they chose it to be debuted first... :D

Heard first snippet of it yesterday a year ago. :D

Also, just ignore the fact that your quote is split in two, I can't figure out why and I can't fix it and it's not the biggest deal in the world anyways so I'm going to have to leave it for now...

Lol :D Don't know exactly what you mean by that riff though. Still pretty cool though to hear.

BTW on your other post mentioning 3 of the 4 songs that gave you energy that you mentioned in that one post were Oldplaying, I was talking about your "confession", not those other songs you mentioned which are still very awesome as we all know. You admitted you even like some Newplay. I should have been more clear to say: we all still gotta like Newplay every once in a while :D

Cool!

Interesting enough despite my love for Coldplay I've only had one dream of them and it was just a small part of the dream. It was a really weird, and almost scary in the beginning but awesome dream if I remember correctly and am not mixing up parts of dreams. :D On my way to someplace far away (way before in the dream, for anyone wondering, I was in my home with my family and for some reason like we just knew there would be these people rolling up in our driveway which would all come and try to do really bad stuff to us all, and when we were waiting at the top of the stairs looking for the window waiting for the lights to roll in there were much more people there, my whole extended family, a lot of us like 20 people while we've never had that many people in one family gathering. For some reason we just left everything behind and ran once they rolled in, as fast as we could out the back door. It was different than in real life, the alleyway behind our home was a little wider and as usual in my dreams I bounced up and down a little more while running and felt this weird unstoppable force trying to slow me down in running, like you want to run faster but something is holdiong you back... really weird! There were large gaps in between people at this point and I was one of the last people, getting paranoid that the evil people would see me and eventually catch up. Usually when I'm paranoid in my dream of something that thing ends up happening but it never did here thankfully, because in all this dream was an epic experience although scary. It was night time when they came, but apparently the sun was on it's way up because now it was truly morning with the sun risen. There was frost on the ground, this was sometime in fall so a bit cool out. My alleyway in real life wasn't nearly this long and doesn't lead into this sort of natural area type thing but it did in the dream, and we just kept running for a while... until this other thing happened. Okay, massive dream story over now, I could make it much more detailed but this is what I was able to compress it down into :D) I saw the band, just me and a few other people. They played a few songs for us I believe but I only remember it being like not even 30 seconds long and feels like a really small part of my dream in comparison to my other dreams. In other words we were that lucky enough to hear them playing like 10 feet away from us, no flashing lights or confetti or anything, just them with that colorful stuff all over them and jamming out. It was nice. :D Now in course I would be insanely excited in real life if they played a few songs just for me and a few other people since they never ever ever ever do that but in the dream I don't remember getting specially excited, well I did but not like I'd be in real life! :D

So that's my one Coldplay dream so far. Out of more than a year of fandom I find it so puzzling that I've only had one single appearence of Coldplay in a dream that was so filled with other memories that seemed to be a very small part of it. With every single other thing I like I've had much more dreams about it. Not this time around for some reason... it sure would be nice to have a nice dream mostly dedicated to them for once and see them playing live or something :D

Lol, and now it's too late because I bet some people have downloaded the other video...

like me

That's the nature of dreams. They're weird. :D

That's weird indeed! i once had this dream where I woke up in another dream like 30 times before actually waking up, and I mean waking up in bed. The dreams felt all the exact same, only progressing by a little each time. The last one is really the most interesting so I'll only tell you that one (and btw what's weird in every single one of these dreams is that someone was beside me in bed but there was no one sleeping with me in real life...) This person got up, told me to get up because they were going to show me something. He led me into this door which wasn't there in real life either. I came across a mainly wooden room with 4 doors on all sides of it. We weren't on ground level either, it was like these wooden catwalk things quite a ways up from the floor. There was natural lighting from windows up high, that was it. We went right and came across another room much weirder, it looked like sky blue and some almost cartoony figures I can't seem to remember and that was it. Not even any ground to stand on yet we did. There were a few clouds, not quite cartoonish but in a way, and not natural looking either. Like these really hazy dreamy looking clouds. Not completely overcast but just a few of them... you know what I mean I'm sure. This time I finally woke up for real. I fell asleep again and woke up again, then fell back asleep to a few more false awakenings! In the final one this imaginary person was beside me once again, I noticed they had a laptop and was watching something. I looked, I'm not sure if I asked the person something or not but in the last seconds the person had their fist clenched like they were going to punch me or something. They were still laying down with me, completely frozen and still, but still with the clenched fist in the air. I froze for a few seconds too, then woke up for the final time and finally said I am done with this. My subconscious mind wasn't going to listen and get into an actual dream so I just decided to wake up. It was quite early too. Didn't want or need to get up that early but I had to since I was done with those false awakenings now turning potentially nightmarish. I guess in that time it came from a fear I had, really an irrational one of how sleep paralysis occurs more often in the early morning hours when the sun is just beginning to shine (there's some science I know that I could go over but am not going to for now, unless anyone's interested to know, if that's the case then ask me and I will explain! :)) I was interested in lucid dreaming and such at that time and it was an advantage since you can use that to do something called a wake induced lucid dream where you go directly from a waking state into a dreaming state with no cut in consciousness at all, meaning that you're conscious of your body throughout the process and the consciousness you had when you were in a waking state is the same as you had when you are in a dreaming state, which is a much more boosted form of consciousness then your typical everynight dream. (For those who don't know, lucid dreaming is when you are aware that you are dreaming. You can use this to your advantages to live out any sort of fantasy you want! And I mean anything. The possibilities are limitless; if you can imagine it, it will happen. You can do things impossible in real life such as flying. When you get really good at it you can start to even look past that and do things like asking the dream anything, since after all your subconscious really does know best since it knows you the most. Really just anything you could imagine and you could do it. Sounds amazing right? You could use this in fact to get Coldplay to do anything with you you want! Just imagine the possibilities with them... I bet your really excited now :D :D :D) The thing is with sleep paralysis if you don't think the right way you can get really scared and bad images will pop up and might do harm to you. So you need to remember to stay calm when it happens or else you might have lucid nightmares instead of dreams. (Those are actually a real possibility by the way, and sometimes you can't turn them around, so don't think I'm joking when I say this!)

Anyway this has gone on for too long now. I already spent half an hour plus making this entire massive post so I dont feel like wasting much more time :D I was interested in that stuff back then, all you need to know really. And still am of course. :D So ya.

Sometimes I get these really weird thoughts about that... what if it's all just a dream? Even worse, what if I'm only 4 again and have to relive my whole entire life? :o

That would be epic. That needs to happen. I would love to meet Mylo.

Lol, cool :D

I wish Coldplay would visit Canada again. That would be epic for me and a few other people here on the board. I really want to see them without having to go out of country! :D (can't even yet, don't have a passport)

Probably since before I can remember I've been playing the drums, I always tap along to the songs I love and know. Can't help it, it's been infused in me since day 1. :D

I think I'd want to stay in the Coldtrix my whole life, haha

Welcome back! :D

Also GUYS OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL FROM GLOBAL CITIZEN!!! I WON TWO TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL AHHHHH I'M LOSING MY SHIT RIGHT NOW!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GET TO SEE THEM LIVE AHHHHHHHH DREAM COME TRUE OMG I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY WIN AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN D: OMG OMG OMG MY MOM HEARD ME SCREECHING AND THOUGHT I FELL DOWN AND HURT MYSELF OR SOMETHING XD I CAN'T STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN XDDD I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

• Like 2

Funny thing happened yesterday. I was walking on the street from work and i heard a girl walking by me talking about Coldplay. I wanted to ask her if she was a fan but i didn't dare,thinking it would be to weird of me. Anyway such a rare ocassion to hear random stuff about my favourite band on the street.

• Like 4

Funny thing happened yesterday. I was walking on the street from work and i heard a girl walking by me talking about Coldplay. I wanted to ask her if she was a fan but i didn't dare,thinking it would be to weird of me. Anyway such a rare ocassion to hear random stuff about my favourite band on the street.

Cool, what did she say ? :)

• Like 3