✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

First of all, thank both of you for replying to something that I wouldn't have known about had it not been for the both of you:

Me too. I hadn't seen this before. Cute !

hahaha these guys are so adorable :laugh4:

It was of the video of that skit thing, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about :) It was funny, really enjoyed it and without the both of you I'd have no idea it ever existed :laugh4:

LeftrightleftArchi, your quote's in red.

diogo_sg, your quote's in blue.

Sonny, your quote's in gold.

coldplayer4288, your quote's in green.

Nie, your quote's in magenta.

ChrisMartinFan, your quote's in orange.

[spoiler=Quotes]

This had me laughing for a good while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?! How did I miss this before? It was like 4 pages back... this is gold! :lol: This is what I thanked the two people who replied to this for, so I'd get to see this :D

I think I'd want to stay in the Coldtrix my whole life, haha

True, but if I were to ever be woken up it would be cool to be woken up by Mylo. :D

Chris is really funny at impressions, the best bit is when he mimics putting a hat on! He could easily be a comedian.

Lol I didn't even get what "Justin" meant until I read the description... haha this is too good :D

But I mean, ever since around the time this was uploaded he's started to get into pop acts like those. We can't just say "oh, 2011 and on Coldplay are illegitimate because they've been liking pop acts", if we're going to go off that Coldplay since around this time period have been "illegitimate" which as we all know is completely false. I know, mainly unrelated but since he was doing an impression of a pop act I thought I'd bring it up to prove that Coldplay have never really turned away from pop acts... I guess it's just became more obvious over the years, you know, just like with everything they do, slowly but surely the straight side of them and the answers are revealed which is interesting to just go back through their discography and see how that's progressed among other things :D

Funny thing happened yesterday. I was walking on the street from work and i heard a girl walking by me talking about Coldplay. I wanted to ask her if she was a fan but i didn't dare,thinking it would be to weird of me. Anyway such a rare ocassion to hear random stuff about my favourite band on the street.

What?!! That's such a wasted opportunity to not ask her! Why would that ever be "weird" of you? Anyone who would judge you for being weird for asking about Coldplay when they're talking about Coldplay themself has something wrong with them. I'm pretty sure she would have been nice. Now it's going to be a long while till you come across that again I'm sure... I personally have never heard it, if so only once or twice... I'd definitely had started something up with her if that was the case!

Trying to solve a riddle and rediscovered the Blue Room version of Don't Panic.

[emoji173]

This version is so good, perhaps beter than the version on the album... it sounds so atmospheric and dense just like a lot of their early work. I wish one day they'd do something similar to it at least for a few songs.

That being said I agree with the decision to fit the version that is on the album on the album since the Blue Room version while better doesn't fit the whole style of Parachutes as well as the "normal" version does. :)

This is such a beautiful performance <3

I didn't even realize it was live till the end :wacky:

Sounds really nice, I like it :)

• Like 2

This is such a beautiful performance <3

I didn't even realize it was live till the end :wacky:

That's my favorite version of Moses. Apart from a tiny part early on where it sounds like Jonny messes up, it's even better than the performance on Live 2003. The whole band is in top form.

• Like 1

NEW! Artwork Elimination Game (Pre-Parachutes)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/NEW%21-Artwork-Elimination-Game-%28Pre-Parachutes%29.107841/&share_tid=107841&share_fid=5644&share_type=t

I am finally restarting the artwork elimination game! This time, I am going by era. First is the Pre-Parachutes Era.

• Like 2

Not bad, but not too too good either. Still a lot better than most mainstream pop nowadays :P

But it's annoying me, like Coldplay where are the B-sides? Used to have so much of them. Ever since Mylo there have been much less of them. And even then at least there were a couple non album songs. The only non album song from this era I'd consider to be Gone But Not F. Cotton because it gives me a colorful feel to it just like a lot of the tracks on AHFOD.

Dumb Question #1: Is this really a Coldplay song? Or is it by the guy who posted it?

Dumb question #2:

I am compiling my Playlists to listen to after surgery. I realized I don't know how to transfer music from YouTube videos to just audio tracks I can import into ITunes. The same goes for the music in these forums or the Downloads. I'm guessing I can just download from the Downloads and transfer files into my ITunes folder. But how are all of you transfering all of these wonderful audios that are in the videos listed here or on YouTube?

Dumb question #2:

I am compiling my Playlists to listen to after surgery. I realized I don't know how to transfer music from YouTube videos to just audio tracks I can import into ITunes. The same goes for the music in these forums or the Downloads. I'm guessing I can just download from the Downloads and transfer files into my ITunes folder. But how are all of you transfering all of these wonderful audios that are in the videos listed here or on YouTube?

There are many sites on the internet where you can download the audio from YouTube. You only need a link to the video. You can find these sites by googling download audio from youtube or something like that :)

• Like 1

Not bad, but not too too good either. Still a lot better than most mainstream pop nowadays[emoji14]

But it's annoying me, like Coldplay where are the B-sides? Used to have so much of them. Ever since Mylo there have been much less of them. And even then at least there were a couple non album songs. The only non album song from this era I'd consider to be Gone But Not F. Cotton because it gives me a colorful feel to it just like a lot of the tracks on AHFOD.

Dumb Question #1: Is this really a Coldplay song? Or is it by the guy who posted it?

It's definitely not Coldplay, this account has several "new and exclusive" songs that are not by Coldplay...it's just clickbait. :(

I have no idea who the songs are by...

• Like 3

AMDB9 and guy42, both of your quotes are in red.

LeftrightleftArchi, your quote's in blue.

iamsue, your quote's in gold.

Sonny, your quote's in green.

Tonight's Final Jeopardy question was something like "The name of this song was from a painting by Frida Kahlo but it was a hit in 2008 for a British band"

Answer was Viva la Vida

It pays off to know your Coldplay trivia.

[MEDIA=twitter]780922244147150848[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/780922244147150848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lol, that one is so easy :D

When do the Coldplaying awards usually happen?

Last year I remember it being somewhere around the end of the year.

Neither. It's a song by someone else entirely. Once I find it I'll post a video here for you to see.

As for the other question, I believe a few people have already answered it above my post. Check there. :)

EDIT:

[ATTACH=full]6018[/ATTACH]

These two beauties have just arrived! Can't wait to listen to them.

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful time listening :D

• Like 1

Hi all, remember the piano medley I once made around the same time as the I Ran Away music video ? Well, now I had some fun on my electric guitar :guitarist:...and made this little medley of Coldplay guitar solos (from known as well as lesser known songs, 11 songs in total). When I started it I intended it as a small thank-you for the Coldplaying community, although I hope the poor quality will not make it seem more of a punishment than a thank-you (the sound was recorded with my mobile phone, not pulled off the guitar itself due to lack of equipment; this is why you keep hearing the sound of the pick hitting the strings etc.) :D

Disclaimer: My guitar skills are exactly zero :blush:, so if you expect anything sounding remotely like Jonny would be able to play it, this is not it. I had lots of fun "learning" the melodies despite my slow hands and lack of musical understanding.

Have fun listening to it and lets see if you can identify all the song parts ! Which melody is your favourite ?

Download here:

http://www.filedropper.com/electricguitarmedley

• Like 6

Hi all, remember the piano medley I once made around the same time as the I Ran Away music video ? Well, now I had some fun on my electric guitar :guitarist:...and made this little medley of Coldplay guitar solos (from known as well as lesser known songs, 11 songs in total). When I started it I intended it as a small thank-you for the Coldplaying community, although I hope the poor quality will not make it seem more of a punishment than a thank-you (the sound was recorded with my mobile phone, not pulled off the guitar itself due to lack of equipment; this is why you keep hearing the sound of the pick hitting the strings etc.) :D

Disclaimer: My guitar skills are exactly zero :blush:, so if you expect anything sounding remotely like Jonny would be able to play it, this is not it. I had lots of fun "learning" the melodies despite my slow hands and lack of musical understanding.

Have fun listening to it and lets see if you can identify all the song parts ! Which melody is your favourite ?

Download here:

my favorite i think is your version of Square One :wacky: and also IMP because it almost sounds like it was reversed and i like that kind of sound :P

ok, i'm gonna take a stab at guessing what these melodies are:

1. Square One

2. Politik

3. AROBTTH

4. Low or maybe Things I Don't Understand??? i never realized how similar these two are :P

5. Violet Hill

6. Fix You

7. Lost!

8. White Shadows

9. Cemeteries of London

10. Talk

11. In My Place

• Like 3

Heard the best radio DJ commentary on Coldplay today. They just played Up and Up and then he repeated the end " DON'T EVER GIVE UP"! He then says, "Just like Coldplay : they never gave up and kept on going." He said it very sincerely as a compliment. Wished I could reach through the radio and hug him!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 12

[ATTACH=full]6018[/ATTACH]

These two beauties have just arrived! Can't wait to listen to them.

I really need to track down physical copies of those two EPs and Prospekt's March. I only have them on iTunes but they are wonderful and I ought to add them to my CD collection...

• Like 2

Download here:

I gave it a quick listen and certainly recognised a few:

Square One - Politik - AROBTTH - Fix You (my favourite) - Talk - In My Place.

And is there some GPASUYF in it too?

• Like 2

This reminded me that I wanted to ask you something guys... have you ever had problems to buy a ticket to a CP concert? Has it ever happened that you weren't able to go because tickets had sold out very quickly? This already happened to me before with other bands (Muse for example), but when I went to a CP show a friend bought my ticket so I don't know if this is a common problem or not... I'm curious about it

Hello, I have bought my standing ticket this year at Berlin for 220 Euros instead of 87 Euros.. It becomes like a black market but it is definitely worth every penny <3

• Like 1

I really need to track down physical copies of those two EPs and Prospekt's March. I only have them on iTunes but they are wonderful and I ought to add them to my CD collection...

Barnes and Noble has Brothers and Sisters for like $6 and they also have PM too, but not that cheap.

• Like 2