✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Random thought: Coldplay Frankfurt is approaching, and even though the setlist will probably be the same :rolleyes: this concert will be different for me because for the first time ever I'm going with another Coldplayer from this very forum who is equally as enthusiastic about Coldplay - @Nie !

I am equally nervous and excited about it o_O but I wanted to say it's a dream come true to finally experience Coldplay with someone from Coldplaying ! :blush:

I'm not even going but I can feel the excitement. Don't worry, you're gonna make a great first impression for Nie! :p

And you're gonna be called I Ran Away in real life O.M.G. :joy:

Have fun all three of you :kissing_heart:

• Like 5

0b1654839210d6ab9ec8f6b232f84ec5.jpg

So happy with my haul from two nights in Brussels! I was hesitating getting the hat but figuring I saved 40 bucks by parking further away I figured why not :D been wearing it frequently ever since!

Lucky you! I did not get my love button at the concert because the girls that were giving xylobands did not have enough time to put a button next to each. Anyway, I ordered a pack from the website and spent huge amount of money on that (the shipping cost me 30$!) but at least i know that this money will go on something good so... :)

• Like 1

As per the Oracle

January 16, 2013 / submitted by Theron, United States of America

Q. Is this the address is should use to send a letter for coldplay:

Coldplay

EMI Records UK

EMI House

43 Brook Green

London, W6 7EF

UK

Or should I use this:

c/o PO Box 246

Cheadle

SK8 9AF

I would be so grateful to know, thanks!!!!!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Neither. EMI moved and the PO Box was closed 4 years ago.

We don't have a postal address for physical mail; we prefer to receive electronic messages.

It reduces the impact on the environment plus we don't have the resources to receive and house letters etc.

There's a contact button on the site...

• Like 4

As per the Oracle

January 16, 2013 / submitted by Theron, United States of America

Q. Is this the address is should use to send a letter for coldplay:

Coldplay

EMI Records UK

EMI House

43 Brook Green

London, W6 7EF

UK

Or should I use this:

c/o PO Box 246

Cheadle

SK8 9AF

I would be so grateful to know, thanks!!!!!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Neither. EMI moved and the PO Box was closed 4 years ago.

We don't have a postal address for physical mail; we prefer to receive electronic messages.

It reduces the impact on the environment plus we don't have the resources to receive and house letters etc.

There's a contact button on the site...

Thank you! :)

That's exactly how I feel about this. I know he's had plenty of negativity, depression in his past, insomnia I think and other issues. He'll get over one bad day. That hashtag is sweet but I honestly feel that it should have been started a long time ago.

i agree - so i did participate in the hashtag, but tried to make my post about just him being great in general and not only focusing on the stuff he's done since he sort of turned his life around, so to speak :P

and really there should be hashtags like this for all the boys...

• Like 2

[ATTACH=full]7039[/ATTACH]

!!!

They probably based it off of iTunes ratings. I think. But I find it odd it answered quite an opinionated question like that.

But it's interesting that it's the X and Y era concerts

I felt this first time I heard "All I can think about is you" and I feel it every time I listen to this song. You can relate to almost every song that coldplay has ever made while listening to this song. You can parts where the music seems similar to one of their older songs. It's like a mixture of AHFOD, Mylo Xyloto, X & Y. and Ghost Stories. It's like a combination of old and that's what makes it unique for me.

• Like 1

I listened to Chris's playlist on Spotify and I wasn't surprised to see his choices of music. Lana del Rey, Chance the Rapper and all that. He should have dropped in at least one Big Sean song in there, if they're going to supposedly collaborate.

I can't wait to see how the EP is going to turn out.

• Like 1

I listened to Chris's playlist on Spotify and I wasn't surprised to see his choices of music. Lana del Rey, Chance the Rapper and all that. He should have dropped in at least one Big Sean song in there, if they're going to supposedly collaborate.

I can't wait to see how the EP is going to turn out.

I'm surprised he didn't!

I think the EP will mostly be really good, but I'm very skeptical on the Big Sean collab. It seems like all artists that used to make good music (IMO) are all of a sudden working with hip hop artists to water down their sound with annoying trap beats, less melody, worse lyrics, etc. These include, but aren't limited to, acts such as our own Coldplay, Calvin Harris, and Maroon 5. I won't mention Sia since The Greatest isn't even that bad and from what I've heard Kendrick Lamar is the best modern rapper right now.

(EDIT: Also, Calvin Harris' new style isn't bad. I'm just afraid to hear what his sound will be in a few years. It's the biggest problem with all of these collabs, not necessarily that they're bad now, but they are worse than what these artists used to make, and I fear all of these artists will go full blown hip hop in a few years... okay, not Coldplay, but everyone else perhaps. Hopefully this is just a phase the mainstream is going through that won't last...)

Haven't heard Lana but I'm assuming she's good since some people on this forum mentioned her as one of their favorite mainstream acts...

• Like 1

One of the things I hate hearing about our lads is that they're sellouts. Well, they just (individually) made the list of top 10 most generous celebrities of the UK. Here's the relevant part of the article:

In ninth place we have Chris Martin of Coldplay who gave away £200k of his fortune, whose charitable work concentrates on supporting young people in the UK.

Above him in joint sixth, seventh and eighth places are each of his fellow band members (Will Champion, Johnny Buckland and Guy Berryman who gave away the same amount but weren’t quite as rich to begin with, so score better as their percentage of wealth donated).

Full article source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jakehayman/2017/07/02/generous-celebrities/#74ce0c2c6634

Found via the tweet here: [MEDIA=twitter]881696905390174208[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/881696905390174208

• Like 9

I'm surprised he didn't!

I think the EP will mostly be really good, but I'm very skeptical on the Big Sean collab. It seems like all artists that used to make good music (IMO) are all of a sudden working with hip hop artists to water down their sound with annoying trap beats, less melody, worse lyrics, etc. These include, but aren't limited to, acts such as our own Coldplay, Calvin Harris, and Maroon 5. I won't mention Sia since The Greatest isn't even that bad and from what I've heard Kendrick Lamar is the best modern rapper right now.

(EDIT: Also, Calvin Harris' new style isn't bad. I'm just afraid to hear what his sound will be in a few years. It's the biggest problem with all of these collabs, not necessarily that they're bad now, but they are worse than what these artists used to make, and I fear all of these artists will go full blown hip hop in a few years... okay, not Coldplay, but everyone else perhaps. Hopefully this is just a phase the mainstream is going through that won't last...)

Haven't heard Lana but I'm assuming she's good since some people on this forum mentioned her as one of their favorite mainstream acts...

I do agree that pop music is gradually getting more and more watered down over time, even though I haven't really heard THAT much from all those artists you spoke about, except for Coldplay :p. But there is good hip hop and good collaborations out there, and I don't think they'll all go full blown hip hop, maybe more EDM.

For the collab, I hope they could pull off something close in quality, not stylistically to Lost+, or maybe the older Gorillaz or any other bands I can think of off the top of my head that have hip hop infusions. I still think it would be cool if they could push more towards the trip hop and downtempo direction for things like this, like Massive Attackish stuff, even if it's been off their spectrum of genres. Trip hop originated mainly in the UK anyway, it shouldn't be too far off from them, but you know a fan can dream.

• Like 1

One of the things I hate hearing about our lads is that they're sellouts. Well, they just (individually) made the list of top 10 most generous celebrities of the UK. Here's the relevant part of the article:

Full article source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jakehayman/2017/07/02/generous-celebrities/#74ce0c2c6634

Found via the tweet here: [MEDIA=twitter]881696905390174208[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/881696905390174208

I read this too and would like to discuss something about this. As it says in the article itself, almost all of the numbers in this list are not impressive and much more could be done without those celebrities even losing any money in the end (read the whole article). 200K is nothing for for a person of CM's stature, and it is nowhere near to his claim of 10% - in fact, it is closer to 1% of his earnings last year if you go by the supppsed Coldplay earnings published by Forbes recently.

Was very disappointed to read this because I thought they were donating more. On the other hand of course I don't know how accurate these numbers are (anonymous donations?)...

What do other people here think about this ?