✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Does anyone know what this scar is?

3a4630626721c776611b093ca57f4963.jpg

he had throat surgery as a kid:

The singer was also asked if he has any scars with a story behind them, to which he answered, "I have a big scar on my neck, a Harry Potter lightning bolt. I had surgery when I was 11 -- I had a lump removed -- but it was in the west of England, where surgery was like a pitchfork and some bailing twine. When I came back, my dad was like, 'What have they done?' I love it, though."

http://www.1057thepoint.com/news/music-news/coldplay-singer-talks-favorite-scar-strangest-place-he-ever-woke

• Like 2

In the last week there were 2 radio stations in my country that made me smile. The first one had many artists say their name( to advertise the radio station) and then there it was, I heard Chris' voice say " Hey, this is Coldplay" (so weird not hearing him say he is Chris from Coldplay instead). Also there is a radio station in my country that has played Clocks, FIx you and Talk( and the radio host said his favourite album was X&Y). It's the same radio station that had played Life in Technicolor ii in the past. But today they played( I am actually listening to it while typing) GPASUYF! :grinning::grinning: It's weird because I thought I would never hear that one on the radio. It's definitely my favourite radio station after that.Maybe they did it as a tribute to Jonny and his awesome guitar skills haha. Happy birthday to the sweetest guitarist with great guitar riffs, Jonny Buckland :heart:

• Like 8

^Ποιος σταθμός;

Δεν το περίμενα ότι θα βρω Έλληνα εδώ πέρα! :eek: Αυτός που παίζει τα τραγούδια που ανέφερα είναι ο Imagine 89,7 της Θεσσαλονίκης. Αν δεν μένεις εκεί μπορείς να το ακούσεις και online :)

• Like 1

he had throat surgery as a kid:

The singer was also asked if he has any scars with a story behind them, to which he answered, "I have a big scar on my neck, a Harry Potter lightning bolt. I had surgery when I was 11 -- I had a lump removed -- but it was in the west of England, where surgery was like a pitchfork and some bailing twine. When I came back, my dad was like, 'What have they done?' I love it, though."

http://www.1057thepoint.com/news/music-news/coldplay-singer-talks-favorite-scar-strangest-place-he-ever-woke

I wonder if it was the same group of surgeons that botched up Thom Yorke's eye.

I just realized something about the number 42.

This is totally random, but if you are counting seconds on the clock from one minute to the next, there are 42 seconds between the 42nd second of one minute and the 24th second of the next minute, which is 42 in reverse.

I did some other examples, and i think this only works for 42. For example, there are 33 seconds between 52 and 25, not 52.

Anyway, that's my late-night thought for the evening.

• Like 3

Anyone wonder why the song 42 is called 42?

Similarly, I also wonder why 1.36 is called 1.36 also

i don't know about 42 exactly, though i think the boys SAID it wasn't a H2G2 reference and neither is Don't Panic, but :P

1.36 if i remember correctly was called that because at one point the song was 1 minute and 36 seconds long

Anyone wonder why the song 42 is called 42?

Similarly, I also wonder why 1.36 is called 1.36 also

look at the religion section https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)

42 has a lot of symbolic meanings like numbers 7 and 12, 《who knows why》

But I read somewhere that Chris was inspired from the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" where the number 42 is the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years.

• Like 1

^I hadn't read the other comments[emoji14]

then this theory isn't right. So I guess it is this interpretation

In Japanese culture, the number 42 is considered unlucky because the numerals when pronounced separately—shi ni (four two)—sound like the word "death".

Because the song is about death obviously

• Like 4

In Japanese culture, the number 42 is considered unlucky because the numerals when pronounced separately—shi ni (four two)—sound like the word "death".

Because the song is about death obviously

Wow. This is a very interesting and fitting theory, considering that some songs in the album (Lovers in Japan...) obviously had some Japanese influence in them...

• Like 5

I know Chris's lyrics have had some references of Asian cultures over time. Lovers in Japan, Princess of China, that one weird line in A L I E N S. They even shot that colorful video in India for Hymn for the Weekend that got people mad over the cultural appropriation, (even though in my opinion the filmmaking and clashing of Asian cultures was much worse in PoC). There might be more that I'm missing. But I'm wondering what about that part of the world has fascinated Chris.