✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

before this article, I didnt think they'd be back that quickly. I still hope they dont tbh, because I want them to take their time. its no secret that the guys are constantly writing, i dont think thats what taking a break means per se.

either way, interesting point about the last time they did a festival run was 2011 (with MX). I remember being very excited hearing new songs debut at Rock am ring / Rock im park but I also recall listening to the album on the CD when it eventually came out and being very underwhelmed. I mean, its cool to hear some tracks early, but not ALL the tracks!

Agree 100%. I personally don't mind a longer break this time because they really do deserve it and I think it will make them come back with something really incredible.

Also I feel the same exact way about hearing songs early. I was so excited when we first heard the new songs at Rick IM Park and Rock AM Ring, but I was also underwhelmed when MX came out. I remember specifically being disappointed with how Jonny's guitar solo sounded. It's got such a great sound to it live, but to me the album version sounds a bit bland. I remember thinking that it was a keyboard when I first heard it.

Also do you guys remember that they had opened the first show with Charlie Brown? Then the very next night they open with MX and Hurts Like Heaven. I always wondered why they chose to do Charlie Brown first. Maybe they were just trying to see what worked better as an opener? But they usually open with the first track so I don't know.

Anyway, yeah I wouldn't mind them doing a festival but I wouldn't want to hear more than one or two songs. In fact, I would like to try and wait to hear the next album in its entirety first listen. I have yet to do that with a Coldplay album. I would love to sit down and listen to it start to finish without knowing what's coming. For example, by the time Viva La Vida came out, I had already heard Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, so I knew what those two tracks were when they came up. To be fair though you would have to try really hard not to hear Viva La Vida in 2008. Especially because the iTunes commercial played all the time, which was awesome. Maybe the next album will be the album I go in unspoiled. I always say that, but as soon as a teaser or a snippet of something comes up, I can never resist lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That article really just rounds up all the "rumours" of Coldplay headlining a festival here and there. Those "rumours" we get pretty much every year. So yeah that website doesn't know more than we do and personally I would say that Coldplay doing a festival tour in 2019 is about as likely as the pope doing a festival tour in 2019 lol

• Like 4

Also do you guys remember that they had opened the first show with Charlie Brown? Then the very next night they open with MX and Hurts Like Heaven. I always wondered why they chose to do Charlie Brown first. Maybe they were just trying to see what worked better as an opener? But they usually open with the first track so I don't know.

I thought it was still MX/HLH to open? I do recall hearing/watching the video and the bass overpowering the recorder's mics. I also remember hearing Princess of China and being blown away. So many things I remember about those first pre-release shows. I remember one by one hearing each track with Up in Flames being last. Also remember the few songs we didn't hear turned out to be the short/snippet/instrumental ones and being disappointed in that. I dont think I could ignore or fight the urge to listen to whatever gets recorded before the release.

I thought it was still MX/HLH to open? I do recall hearing/watching the video and the bass overpowering the recorder's mics. I also remember hearing Princess of China and being blown away. So many things I remember about those first pre-release shows. I remember one by one hearing each track with Up in Flames being last. Also remember the few songs we didn't hear turned out to be the short/snippet/instrumental ones and being disappointed in that. I dont think I could ignore or fight the urge to listen to whatever gets recorded before the release.
Yeah for the very first Festival show they opened with Charlie Brown:

And I completely forgot about that part as well. Thinking we were going to have two extra tracks and they ended up just being instrumental intros was so disappointing. Why not just attach it to the song? I absolutely hate when I shuffle music and A Hopeful Transmission comes on and is immediately followed up by something else completely random lol.

I am returning to the board after 6 years and im not so sure that this the same board because this one seems so like a college student made it...

Chris Martin... I adore that so UK look .. my favorite picture of you is in the yellow music video but that is the least favorite song... tell me

No more keeping feet on the ground... did I rewind the past to my future completely ignoring its release during a really bad part of my life? Maybe you should get a night and come to play in philly, this time when I buy your tickets way ahead of time and first... I wont get the worst seats all the way in the back but ... I got you... so dressed so like a stylish trendy black on black sexy top like makes me think of stevie nicks.. but a hot topic gothic metal studed belt I use when I think of underground lyricist of words that rhyme and drop knowledge like poetry of shit thats intelligent.... LIke your X& Y album, and two b side tracks.. ANIMALS... i know your favorite .. and ladder to the sun... I tend to only play parachutes when I want to think my 2 daughters father who I had to put up with for `15 long years... for the sake of my offspring.. I am excited to finally say... I am in a better place... I live on my own.. and went through a difficult homeless program that is new to the state I live in.. I any day now will recieve my permanant housing voucher.. which means if my 70 year old mom dies the only family i have left that is supportive because the few that are left I have no relationship with even when I was little ... and my 3 daughters... ages 10,12, and 20.. on a intellectual side... they are old in their minds because of having a very " "different " mom... but for their own growing up experience they are only little girls...

My 20 year old that turns 21 in december... is the finally mature enough to carry on her mothers advice to go and explore... I can relate to my kids but My mom cant because of our age difference of 30 years... I was 17 when I had my first and the 90s were extremely different then the 80s.. generation gaps... huge... now . not much... but maybe..

anyways...

Chris... how is apple? Are you still with gweneth? Spell.. do you live in London? Suburbs?

I am happy to tell you.. I am free from schizophrenia... how ever a new after affect from medication which is a side affect.. I have akethisia... its rather new... but its a movement disorder.. I basically feel and look like a robot or a little ballet dancer in a music box... but its my perception of myself I am watching all of my movements..

I worked on my heritage... my small amount of english roots... take the O accent...

to describe myself as a decendant of an old English Royal Blood ... the roots steming from the the centuries... my one small guilty pleasure of comaparison to a famous person from mainstream population .. is the character ROSE from titanic.. Kate Winlet...

funny the similarities in spelling...

winslet

windsor..

or

winchester...

I only am similar to the style but the dress isnt right.. it has to look like a bib. and those dresses are from the 16th century for those dark shadows Vampire days steming from transylvania, Romania...

anyways... droppin by to say hi...

you should check out my old sites I had to put aside and away for almost 21 years... and totally had to forget and those years there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

its 2018 and I am recreating what I had to stop, but recreating as in reinventing .. but aware of things that failed or didnt like.. or didnt work and aware of accomplishments..

www.dnbforum.com

tell gweneth.. to try layering her clothes... just a nice idea I am giving her... nothing more nothing less..

btw.. I will be 40 in October...

How old are you?

People tend to think I am in my 20s...

but you are only as old as you feell

Xo...

ooxoxoxoxo c xooxx

"father of creation"... I always take the boy first in the name Christina...

I put myself before all even my own... I protect the well being of all...

even for a .. there is no male for a daddy and mommy of all...

we have broken home world...

divorces.... and its a world of learning yourself and for a higher and greater good... and we have to accept that there is more then one love story and people can be in love with two different people at the same time...

I have my own ideas... its called... believe for imagination and keep busy and make sure you have security and stability and .. work on your future and after death if you believe in other worlds or re incarnation...

all things are temporary..

This is EARTH

E for EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

A for ALL

R for Recycle

T for TRASH

H FOR HOME BASE

I think I will polietly and respectfully bow down to all, and excuse myself from all of population ... and I gotta go, I gotta be out, I'm out...I aM that only one that whatever 99.96% of population does... I don't

If I Have to..I probably will talk like a 2 year old preschooler to have to sit down and get flash cards out to explain why and explain I dont need a reason.. the answer is no... If I have to make up a reason it may not sound nice..

I am not on my Mission for God , as a humanitarian..

www.youtube.com

put in search box...

Re-invent yourself

My suggestion.. build on your albums..

X&y you could make another album .. something spun off of this album

Find your creativity...

If possible..

go thru your stuff in your room...

keep any sentimental items you had the longest and throw everything out and everything or donate it to a thrift store and Start over..you will have alot of new creative ideas.. you have to get out with the old and in with the new..

you will feel better.

www.dnbforum.com

This is my old site

heres another for inspiration

www.djforums.com

www.idmforums.com

www.dogsonacid.com

Best,

Melisa <3

Old music English/ British//UK Singer with downtempo ambient dnb tracks1997

I think I will polietly and respectfully bow down to all, and excuse myself from all of population ... and I gotta go, I gotta be out, I'm out...I aM that only one that whatever 99.96% of population does... I don't

If I Have to..I probably will talk like a 2 year old preschooler to have to sit down and get flash cards out to explain why and explain I dont need a reason.. the answer is no... If I have to make up a reason it may not sound nice..

are you okay?

That article really just rounds up all the "rumours" of Coldplay headlining a festival here and there. Those "rumours" we get pretty much every year. So yeah that website doesn't know more than we do and personally I would say that Coldplay doing a festival tour in 2019 is about as likely as the pope doing a festival tour in 2019 lol

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-coldplay-release-a-new-album-in-2019-fans-think-theyve-figured-out-a-release-date-10182221

Guess you're right.

Coldplay's manager Dave Holmes has revealed that the band may be away from the limelight for a lot longer. "We won't be touring again until 2021 at the earliest," he told Music Business Worldwide. "We need to take a break and come back with something really special."

See y'all in two years?

• Like 1

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.

Finally saw the episode of Modern Family with him yesterday ... as a non-native speaker I was really having a hard time understanding him as I was saw used to the american accents of the rest :P

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.

Yes - it's becoming more obvious in interviews too. Still, he lives in the States now so what can we expect ? A bit sad though for us UK fans.

I mean, steal from the best, eh? :p

I was at the first European show in Berlin on Friday and when that intro started, I briefly thought I had awoken from a weird dream in which I thought I was at a U2 show, but in reality was at yet another Coldplay concert, lol. As far as I know, the intro is reworked for the European shows and the Chaplin speech had not been used in North America. I actually liked that connection between my two favourite bands. It was very powerful with the pictures on the screen.

• Like 4

I feel like Coldplay music follows me wherever I go. Over the past few days while out and about have heard AOAL, Speed of Sound, and a female singer cover Up & Up in public spaces.

For me, it's exactly the opposite.

Yesterday, in a local city fest, the DJ was playing sh*tty brazilian "music" that you can listen to pretty often in Portuguese bars and clubs. I got sick of that and decided to go to a different stage to listen to some techno. Once i leave that stage, the DJ starts playing Viva La Vida. I was too far to go back to that stage, so I just decided to crawl down and cry.

• Like 1

I think Guy is such an underrated bassist. Yesterday I was at a store and a new song came on the radio. It was the bass at the beginning of All I Can Think About Is You and before I realized I was just thinking about how good the bass was and then I realized what the song was. Like I can see how some of his parts are pretty minimal but I don't understand how some people can think he really does nothing in any of their songs.

• Like 6

I think Guy is such an underrated bassist. Yesterday I was at a store and a new song came on the radio. It was the bass at the beginning of All I Can Think About Is You and before I realized I was just thinking about how good the bass was and then I realized what the song was. Like I can see how some of his parts are pretty minimal but I don't understand how some people can think he really does nothing in any of their songs.

But that's what makes Coldplay great. Minimalist and simple. Whether it's a sound from Jonny's guitar, a bass line from Guy or a simple repetitive beat from Will, it comes together to make powerfully emotional music.

It's not a terrible thing to say Guy physically doesn't do much in their songs, because he doesn't, but all he needs is a simple bass line to take the song to another level.

Some of my favorite Guy songs- Birds, Sparks, Everything's Not Lost, AHFOD, White Shadows, Daylight, GPASUYF. And of course, Guy essentially created Magic, which is a damn good song. And Clocks is just a freaking masterpiece, everyone's part is spot on. I just wish Jonny would crank up the distortion a bit when playing Clocks live. And Yellow, like he used to. But that's a different discussion for another day :laughing:

Guy doesn't make complex and intricate bass lines on those songs, but he doesn't need to in order to make a great bass line.

Like Will said, he's just there to support the songs that Chris writes with a drum line, not go off on some otherworldly-Buddy Rich drum solo.

• Like 6

But that's what makes Coldplay great. Minimalist and simple. Whether it's a sound from Jonny's guitar, a bass line from Guy or a simple repetitive beat from Will, it comes together to make powerfully emotional music.

It's not a terrible thing to say Guy physically doesn't do much in their songs, because he doesn't, but all he needs is a simple bass line to take the song to another level.

Some of my favorite Guy songs- Birds, Sparks, Everything's Not Lost, AHFOD, White Shadows, Daylight, GPASUYF. And of course, Guy essentially created Magic, which is a damn good song. And Clocks is just a freaking masterpiece, everyone's part is spot on. I just wish Jonny would crank up the distortion a bit when playing Clocks live. And Yellow, like he used to. But that's a different discussion for another day :laughing:

Guy doesn't make complex and intricate bass lines on those songs, but he doesn't need to in order to make a great bass line.

Like Will said, he's just there to support the songs that Chris writes with a drum line, not go off on some otherworldly-Buddy Rich drum solo.

Very well said. I think sometimes being simple and minimalistic really helps tie a song together. There's actually some songs where I thought the bass was something else entirely. For example, the ending slide in ETIAW. I think Guy does a great job at adding supporting basslines.

• Like 4

It just occurred to me recently how one sided it can be when you listen to a heart breaking song by an artist you love, and want to be able to respond back, "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, IT WILL BE OK EVEN THOUGH IT RIGHT NOW SEEMS LIKE IT WON'T"

Then you remember it is years later and they are fine and now you are wrecked anyway.

• Like 5

I also heard AICTAIY last week on the radio and I was super excited!!!!

• Like 2