✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Nice to be in the forums again! This hiatus is getting be crazy. 2 nights ago I dreamt of a new Coldplay song, which was explained by the band as a further continuation of AHFOD pfff! Then I got in Coldplaying, in this dream, and read that they've written only one song in this whole period, because Chris became an actor and was very busy working on a Pinocchio movie, where he was Jiminy cricket....LOL!!!

• Like 11

Nice to be in the forums again! This hiatus is getting be crazy. 2 nights ago I dreamt of a new Coldplay song, which was explained by the band as a further continuation of AHFOD pfff! Then I got in Coldplaying, in this dream, and read that they've written only one song in this whole period, because Chris became an actor and was very busy working on a Pinocchio movie, where he was Jiminy cricket....LOL!!!

LMAO I could totally see this. But he might also do a good Pinocchio too. I could imagine him singing a soaring "I'm a real boy" song lol!!!

• Like 4

Hey, hello, regarding the subject ...

I think Coldplay is going to come back with more central sounds than what they started, with a tendency accompanied by the synths closer ... I'll explain

for a while, and to date, I do not know if you on the YouTube platform or reddit, or even Facebook, have been sounding the trend of sounds, music and genres of the 80s and their variants, as well as some genres created or evolved, inspired by those distant 80, then I think and believe that the trend, and perhaps as many express it, the future of music, is to return to the origins, we would begin to return to those origins in their different nascent genres .. .

Hey, hello, regarding the subject ...

I think Coldplay is going to come back with more central sounds than what they started, with a tendency accompanied by the synths closer ... I'll explain

for a while, and to date, I do not know if you on the YouTube platform or reddit, or even Facebook, have been sounding the trend of sounds, music and genres of the 80s and their variants, as well as some genres created or evolved, inspired by those distant 80, then I think and believe that the trend, and perhaps as many express it, the future of music, is to return to the origins, we would begin to return to those origins in their different nascent genres .. .

Do you mean that there is a trend for artists to return to 80's sounds and other "old" types of music? As well as returning to those types of music the different genres came from?

Because this explanation is a bit difficult to understand :D

• Like 1

This is a song by a portuguese band called D.A.M.A.

[MEDIA=spotify]path=track%2F0uPXJWZpzUwRqVJSGTV1VJ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/0uPXJWZpzUwRqVJSGTV1VJ?si=V7nyElJAQuaJyyWgG0wfpQ

Everytime i listen to this band i allways imagine Chris singing because theres a singer (the first voice in the song i posted) who sings the choruses, and his voice is very similar to Chris's.

Dont you also think the same?

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw somebody else something similar to this recently but...

On Friday I went and saw a "liquid sky' show featuring Coldplay's music in a planetarium. You stare up at this big curved screen that has all these crazy effects, designs, patterns etc. It was pretty cool, especially after consuming *ahem* a certain kind of legaly obtainable gummy. My only complaint was that the playlist wasn't to my personal Coldplay liking: It was every Coldplay pop single, AOAL, PoC, HFTW, SJLT, Clocks, Viva, Army of One AND X Marks The Spot. But Strawberry Swing and Warning Sign were big highlights for me as an Oldplayer, and I will say I found a new appreciation for Army of One while seeing cool space effects!

DJ/Creator of the show (if you're on the forum) Awesome job! Next time though, I recommend including Coldplay's more colorful tracks: High Speed, A Whisper, Low, Chinese Sleep Chant, 42, DLIBYH, Midnight, Birds :)

• Like 5

^did you expect this place to be bumpin' with this lack of news? I dont even know what the next big thing to look forward to is? Live album? Chris solo show later this year? Am I missing something?

I guess way back when, we had posters practically live here, but that was back when twitter, facebook, instagram didnt exist.

• Like 4

To follow up, besides being a huge Coldplay fan, im also a huge hockey/Leafs fan. Im experiencing a double offseason for both of my big fandoms. What the Leafs subreddit is doing to pass the time is a sort of daily countdown thing until the next season starts. I could see a poster or mod post a sort of daily/weekly discussion counting down a bunch of Coldplay songs. It leads to a bunch of interesting discussions (what they think of the song, a memory they associate with it, overrated/underrated discussion, favourite live performance of the song, etc) particularly when you get to the more obscure songs. I would encourage someone else to start this. I would, but im not as starved for my Coldplay fix as others it seems.

• Like 3

LMAO I could totally see this. But he might also do a good Pinocchio too. I could imagine him singing a soaring "I'm a real boy" song lol!!!

I'm not sure about Chris as Jiminy cricket either, I'd have to work out who would play the Blue Fairy before I went casting for Jiminy Cricket. :)

Would this be a Disney live action thing? I bet they will do one sooner or later.

love

Freya

Fell into the Youtube black hole and came across this LP3 era gig ive never seen before. Great quality too!

This is my second (to Toronto) favorite X&Y era gig that's recorded.

Plus Chris climbing the balcony to hug Noel Gallagher during In My Place!

• Like 3

Oh, how long haven't I been to these forums? It must have been ages since the last time I was here... :dizzy: Anyway, I'm really glad to find myself in this commuity back again. Missed all of you! Have already been happy to read all the posts I missed. Let me share a story with you...

A few weeks ago I attended a summer school. There was an instructor who was also responsible for the music played there. Yeah, he was called "the DJ". I was stunned and felt like being struck by a lightning every time there was a Coldplay playing out loud. I was fanboying quietly inside and sometimes I just expressed my shock and happiness to the person next to me... I wasn't fond of hearing Something Just Like This much but something is still better than nothing so at least I managed to be satisfied. Then the next popular track was A Sky Full Of Stars. I literally wanted to dance and groove each time it went on but I had to control myself. You don't want to see me moving to the beat in public! :joy: I even requested this song when we had a campfire before the last day. On the last day I was sitting right in front of the speaker when I heard a piece of music that I was sure I knew but couldn't figure out what song it was. It took me some time and then I was like "Jesus Christ! That's it! It's 'The Scientist!'" Surprise, surprise! It was a huge suprise to me! However, the biggest thing out of all the Coldplay songs that I heard there was Shiver. I mean, this song really? I couldn't believe that I was listening to it. I would never have expected this song to pop out but it filled me with astonishment and joy...

• Like 5

I was listening through my Coldplay playlist today and even though it was on random, it seemed to really be cycling through the AROBTTH, X&Y, and Viva era songs although I have all eras on that list. Which brought me a mixture of joy, nostalgia and feeling slightly old.

I can't find another band that I can get so deeply into. U2 is the closest, and from my childhood (so when you guys talk about Viva or MX in your elementary age years or younger I get really old feeling lol). I wish I could find another obsession that is making new albums and touring bc this hiatus period is killing me!

• Like 3

I was listening through my Coldplay playlist today and even though it was on random, it seemed to really be cycling through the AROBTTH, X&Y, and Viva era songs although I have all eras on that list. Which brought me a mixture of joy, nostalgia and feeling slightly old.

I can't find another band that I can get so deeply into. U2 is the closest, and from my childhood (so when you guys talk about Viva or MX in your elementary age years or younger I get really old feeling lol). I wish I could find another obsession that is making new albums and touring bc this hiatus period is killing me!

I am totally with you. What I've been doing lately, just because I oddly hadn't ever taken the time to do it before, is delving into as many B-sides and covers and rare stuff, as much as I can find. Luckily lots of fellow Coldplayers on here have posted video or files of several songs I hadn't been familiar with before. My favorite as of late is their cover of Can't Get You Out of My Head that @Major Cooper posted! I've been listening to it constantly when I go running. My other favorites are the X&Y b-sides (Things I Dont Understand, Proof, World Turned Upside Down, Pour Me, Sleeping Sun, Gravity, How You See The World). Maybe this is something you've already done but if not, I highly recommend it! It makes this down time a bit more bearable. :)

It's coming close to the 1 year anniversary of the to AHFOD shows I got to see last year and I have been feeling really thankful that I had such a wonderful experience last year but also really, really sad that I don't get to end my summer in such a wonderful way this year. I am going to get to see Justin Timberlake at the end of September, and while I am super excited for it, it's not nearly as riveting as the lead-up to the Coldplay concerts of last year. Probably because I had waited 17 long years for the opportunity to see Coldplay while I haven't been waiting nearly as long to see JT... but anyway...

This wait time for some kind of action from Coldplay is soooooooooooo grueling! I'm glad I have this forum.

• Like 2

This is a song by a portuguese band called D.A.M.A.

[MEDIA=spotify]path=track%2F0uPXJWZpzUwRqVJSGTV1VJ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/0uPXJWZpzUwRqVJSGTV1VJ?si=V7nyElJAQuaJyyWgG0wfpQ

Everytime i listen to this band i allways imagine Chris singing because theres a singer (the first voice in the song i posted) who sings the choruses, and his voice is very similar to Chris's.

Dont you also think the same?

Duuudeeee... Comparing DAMA to Coldplay? Are you joking? :confused:

Duuudeeee... Comparing DAMA to Coldplay? Are you joking? :confused:
Dont you like DAMA? I like "Luísa" a lot.

Anyway, dont you think that Miguel has a sinilar voice to chris's?

Dont you like DAMA? I like "Luísa" a lot.

Anyway, dont you think that Miguel has a sinilar voice to chris's?

I don't. Their songs are too bland and cheesy. And I also don't see Chris' voice in their songs o_O I'm sorry.

• Like 1

Last week I was in London and of course I had to go to Fleet Road to have a look if someone was at home. :)

Didn't see anyone and just left my letter in the mailbox.

On Friday (my day of departure) I decided to return for a short visit and there were some nice fans sitting on the bench.

Had a chat and Dan was seen entering the building.

The lady had some presents and after waiting for a few hours she decided to call on the door.

I waited on the bench and when they returned she gave me this incredible present :

upload_2018-7-28_22-46-54.thumb.png.52a435592656cabe23d19357f3dc36e4.png

She got 2 signed CDs and just gave 1 to me. :)

Coldplay is the best band in the world and Coldplayers are the best fans in the world!!!

She told me that she knows Coldplaying and comes to read over here.

I was so overwhelmed by this nice gesture that I forgot to ask for her Coldplaying account.

So if you are reading this: thank you so much again.

And please, come write your story over here :)

• Like 11

Just wanted to share this with you guys: yesterday I went shopping, on the radio they played Homesick and Viva La Vida, in the stores I heard In My Place, The Hardest Part and Something Just Like This and at home I watched tv and I heard A Sky Full Of Stars. Omg that made my day!![emoji4] #enjoythelittlethings

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 7

I had tried to find someone to go to Radiohead on Saturday in Boston with me, but no one was able to.

THEN TONIGHT I READ THAT CHRIS WAS AT THE CONCERT WITH AARON PAUL (BREAKING BAD)

Literally the lead singer of my favorite band, with a star of my favorite ever TV show, watching one of my other favorite bands in my favorite city.

Life is cruel sometimes.

The things I would do to have a beer with Chris Martin and watch Radiohead...

• Like 2