✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Unfortunately I don't know how to record it...

By the way, if you're from outside the UK and get an error message and don't wanna go via a different IP, just plug in a UK postcode, then deny the registration and click on 'Just let me listen now' and it will work.

Alternative international links you can see here:

[MEDIA=twitter]1041774611011129344[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/XylotoJ/status/1041774611011129344

Also, there is a Listening Party on Twitter going on under the hashtag #AbsoluteRadioColdplay

Oh, and I really like the look of the Absolute Radio homepage ! :D

absoluteradio.thumb.JPG.e08d3b942af0bb958a1e2c5c8575685e.JPG

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don't know how to record it...

By the way, if you're from outside the UK and get an error message and don't wanna go via a different IP, just plug in a UK postcode, then deny the registration and click on 'Just let me listen now' and it will work.

Alternative international links you can see here:

[MEDIA=twitter]1041774611011129344[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/XylotoJ/status/1041774611011129344

Also, there is a Listening Party on Twitter going on under the hashtag #AbsoluteRadioColdplay

Oh, and I really like the look of the Absolute Radio homepage ! :D

[ATTACH=full]7951[/ATTACH]

Wow, I hadn't listened to this gig before now. All I remember about this gig is the announcement of Kaleidoscope.

Really incredible, the setlist so far is on point.

GPASUYF was awesome.

I think he did ?

Yeah I think you're right now listening back again:D. It's surprising because London Palladium is a pretty small gig, and he seemed to do it live for most small gigs during AHFOD. But every stadium and arena was definitely lip-synced.

I guess I am still in denial that Coldplay would ever do such a thing. Especially to my favorite ever song :pensive:

• Like 4

Yeah I'm surprised they did it at pro shot gigs. The first time I noticed it was while watching Glastonbury. You could definitely tell he was lip synching. I understand doing it, but why not just sing it for all the pro shot gigs? It's a dead give away.

Yeah I think you're right now listening back again:D. It's surprising because London Palladium is a pretty small gig, and he seemed to do it live for most small gigs during AHFOD. But every stadium and arena was definitely lip-synced.

I guess I am still in denial that Coldplay would ever do such a thing. Especially to my favorite ever song :pensive:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Unwarranted and unsolicited Oldplayer thought incoming --

I was just listening to some Oldplay albums today and relishing the awesome production and layers of instrumentation.

Then, I listened to Mumford and Son's (a band whose first two albums I adore) new single Guiding Light. I was shocked how lackluster the production in the song was. The instrumental felt washed out with this faint guitars, barely audible guitar strums, and incredibly simple drumming that contributes nothing. It sounds like everything is a plain white wall that Marcus Mumford's vocals can be moodily splashed on.

What's this got to do with Coldplay? Well, Paul Epworth, who produced Ghost Stories, is producing the new Mumford and Sons LP.

Now to be clear, I love Ghost Stories. But it's also Coldplay's most frustrating albums in many ways because SO MUCH of the instrumentation gets lost in the mix in favor of Chris's vocals. Jonny's electric guitar when heard live is stunning on every track, but only half of that comes through in the album.

Paul Epworth has worked on a ton of great stuff. Don't want to tarnish him or his career. But it goes to show how important producers are.

• Like 4

I was exploring new Instagram Stories on my account when this popped up. Well, who knows if I've just happened to find another Coldplayer? :D

[spoiler=Screenshot]KSDQeE-n5d-r3yeb0zy0-T0V7Zs8qacZ6saPsDjQat6NahAp0rePgfldNa-Oh8OLlpj8OzIrOGwDfAg36GieqEeO7M2wQO4QD_Agvro7X7CtoOSTE3vetrtvnwMK2I8Ut6nAuiNPT_C1XOUa1kiuRKxeiV2hNfNRmVou7VSE--DZnWlAdOT334Zoim0Zdx6TwLasxFggfQAXN5yilw1kkfpzuke4hJ5tekWgONk9aRJiX1rf79kItRL_DI0rHk_ZPelqcBtf0ZT3JgRVGUP8nfhZu-XXJYXz3le-v6Vb5tS6zcSrqcQIlKr-nb1XjbF-rnYPD9j9bI5hMqwDLlFl8jJyQ_OSC0tQKG81hyES282NIRnAC_Hh78ZBSkpJ8DYeySQq410kGUUk3FFS62ZcuSgPHPwg-_CshdOfZkOWQuf9Vb2gWJGUTPLBE3BCrUB8qyPbjdsgIpXs29MArjvpVVLsn6XegEs0Jwg88UN0O0Vw87ZEPFfpR0NsYuIxoZ5qq39wqwCUcg31u7Za0jBi98DDFSD0jKPf6dzPFwJir4_AXh36jmgSpEVMcqUyuTdIBy8PmkETGaQVUOS4ixtesG9wXbP11WeswSeX5-vVLzTJ85fe1DaanAHEqnQsZEE=w352-h626-no

Also came across the beautiful cover below:

[spoiler=Postscript]Does anyone of you listen to Lauv?

Ci2ra

figure it out...

literati

• Like 1

So, just watching some clips of Chris at Global Citizen. I admittedly don't listen to a lot of other artists, but I don't really know anyone that famous who is that wholesome all the frickin time, lol

[MEDIA=twitter]1046183568920268800[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1046183568920268800?s=21

PS, not diggin' the haircut, but whatever :p

• Like 6

So, just watching some clips of Chris at Global Citizen. I admittedly don't listen to a lot of other artists, but I don't really know anyone that famous who is that wholesome all the frickin time, lol

[MEDIA=twitter]1046183568920268800[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/1046183568920268800?s=21

PS, not diggin' the haircut, but whatever :p

He's so kind and caring lol. I always say this when people say they don't like Chris Martin. Like I understand not liking Coldplay's music, but how can you not like Chris?!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Very circa-AROBTTH era though!

True, but it worked better at the time when he was skinnier. Now he's bulkier and it doesn't look as good paired with the haircut.

But really, I just spent time critiquing another man's haircut. I can let it go if he releases the live album, or gives us a release date of the next album or something!

• Like 1

I don't get why everyone says AROBTTH Era, it reminds me much more of the short haircut in the GS Era (perhaps indeed because he overall no longer looks like in the AROBTTH Era)...

As for the Global Citizen incident, I gathered from first-hand accounts on Twitter that loads of people got trampled on and many were injured, people separated and belongings lost. Apparently several police officers down on the field told the crowd to leave because there was a shooter, thus propagating the panic. Global Citizen is heavily being criticized for just letting the show go on regardless, and worst of all for those who were told to run out, none of them was allowed back in !!

Honestly, what a disastrous organization from both police/security and GC.

• Like 1

I don't get why everyone says AROBTTH Era, it reminds me much more of the short haircut in the GS Era (perhaps indeed because he overall no longer looks like in the AROBTTH Era)...

As for the Global Citizen incident, I gathered from first-hand accounts on Twitter that loads of people got trampled on and many were injured, people separated and belongings lost. Apparently several police officers down on the field told the crowd to leave because there was a shooter, thus propagating the panic. Global Citizen is heavily being criticized for just letting the show go on regardless, and worst of all for those who were told to run out, none of them was allowed back in !!

Honestly, what a disastrous organization from both police/security and GC.

I thought everyone was allowed back in after things had calmed down a bit?

What I find weird is that on all the photos I've seen, the only type of barrier is this one

20160302183247_43325.png

I really thought every big event ever used these guys by now

mojo-barrier-safety.jpg

No wonder a fence fell if it was one of that first type, just leaning against them already makes them fall. Awful crowd control.

Statement: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/global-citizen-festival-2018-message/

While NYPD originally advised that a fallen security barrier caused the noise, NYPD informed us today that it was the sound of an attendee(s) stepping on and popping a drink bottle(s). Once NYPD and FDNY determined that the situation was safe, and security infrastructure was established for re-entry, attendees were permitted to re-enter the event through select entrances, and the Festival resumed.

Unfortunately, while every effort was made to quickly re-open the gates, we regret some attendees were unable to re-enter the Park, and for that we apologize.

okay not a barrier after all then :|

• Like 2

Whatever the source of the noise was, the official account of what happened has been called into question by many attendees (again, see Twitter replies to Global Citizen's tweet of the statement). And to be honest I trust those people's accounts (including the videos of the panic) more than the official version. Statements like that are always designed to refute any responsibility and ensuing legal trouble. I was in the Coldplay Munich security/bag chaos and there was a huge discrepancy between the official statement of the show promoter and what I experiencend and saw myself, I can only imagine it's similar here.

Also...gun control, damnit !

• Like 5