✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Recently got reminded of the Scientist screensaver download from that old 2002 Coldplay.com e-zine, and the fact that, amazingly, after 16 years those links still work. In case you missed it:

PC Version with Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverAudio.exe

PC Version without Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverNoAudio.exe

Mac Version with Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverAudioMAC.sit

Mac Version without Audio: www.coldplay.com/downloads/ColdplayScientistScreensaverNoAudioMAC.sit

• Like 2

Lately, in my case I've been noticing that there's something quite mysterious and wonderful about the Coldplay's music. I'm not sure how to explain but it's just all about the way I feel when I listen to their songs. Most of them are really ethereal and touching so I often feel moved as I can hear and understand the lyrics. At the same time thanks to them I know that everything may be alright one day and it's not lost after all. In my opinion their delivery is so convincing that I can relate to their words as if they knew what it takes to live a life as a ordinary person who goes through ups and downs like everyone else. On the other hand, I'm certain that sometimes I might be able to understand what the band members are experiencing in their lives. It's like mutual empathy which catches me off guard each time I remember and think about it. That's why I appreciate their music more than ever before.

Has anybody of you ever been in this exact situation and had the same thoughts as me?

• Like 8

Lately, in my case I've been noticing that there's something quite mysterious and wonderful about the Coldplay's music. I'm not sure how to explain but it's just all about the way I feel when I listen to their songs. Most of them are really ethereal and touching so I often feel moved as I can hear and understand the lyrics. At the same time thanks to them I know that everything may be alright one day and it's not lost after all. In my opinion their delivery is so convincing that I can relate to their words as if they knew what it takes to live a life as a ordinary person who goes through ups and downs like everyone else. On the other hand, I'm certain that sometimes I might be able to understand what the band members are experiencing in their lives. It's like mutual empathy which catches me off guard each time I remember and think about it. That's why I appreciate their music more than ever before.

Has anybody of you ever been in this exact situation and had the same thoughts as me?

It is very much like this for me and why I struggle to listen to other artists' discographies. While I used to ruminate and be down a lot and wallow in it, now I like to be uplifted by music and Coldplay consistently does that for me.

• Like 3

You've summed this up pretty perfectly. This is precisely how I feel. I can listen to 90% of their released music from the first 6 album eras and not get sick of it. Their music takes me to another universe. I don't always understand what Chris' lyrics are trying to convey, but the music makes me feel exactly what the lyrics are saying.

And no other band or artist has this effect on me. I've tried and tried to find other artists that come close to Coldplay for me, but can't.

• Like 6

I can't decide if the best part is the random drums, the claps, Chris suddenly singing a line of The Scientist or his epic scream towards the end

Neither can I but I think "Chris suddenly singing a line of The Scientist" amused me most. At that moment I was guessing it couldn't get any better or funnier when I heard his sudden scream, oh well. Moreover, the end with that fluid animation was such a joke that I couldn't help myself blushing. :joy:

I too feel this way. It's interesting that you posted this because I was thinking this exact thing just a week ago, about the effect Coldplay's music has on me that no other music does. Any time in my adult life that I've felt sad, happy, emotional, totally awesome, at a truly low point....pretty much any emotion!...their music is THE music I turn to, to cope or celebrate or help me through a time when I feel completely hopeless.

It may sound really cheesy to say this, but when I listen to their music I literally feel a deep emotional connection. When I finally got to see them live in 2017, the whole time they were playing it felt like they were literally pulling at my chest (like, in a good way). That feeling of being truly in love! I am truly deeply in love with their music.

What prompted me to think this a week ago was when I saw Justin Timberlake in concert. It really was a fun show, and the man is simply delicious to look at and watch dance :). I was close enough that I was able to yell, 'I love you, Justin!' (yes, my husband was right there, but he was totally cool with it and just kept on eating his popcorn and laughed at me, haha!) and Justin found me, looked at me, and winked and waved! Anyway, as thrilling as this all was, I left the concert with a "Oh wow, what a totally awesome time!" feeling. Which was neat, but nothing like leaving the A Head Full of Dreams concerts. I left those feeling absolutely and deeply fulfilled, spiritually and emotionally, as if I had just literally spent two hours in the most wonderful possible place in the universe. I felt out-of-this-world happy, I laughed, I cried (a lot, just at the simple fact that I was finally getting to see them live, I was totally beside myself), I danced, I was amazed, etc..... It was a feeling like never before!

I have been to see some amazing acts, like Madonna, Van Halen, Katy Perry, Janelle Monae, and several more, and they were all totally fun, but I have never experienced a feeling like seeing Coldplay. There is just something totally transfixing about their music.

And this is the same with simply listening to music. Nothing makes me feel like Coldplay music does. And it's cool to hear that others feel the same! It's a beautiful thing :heart:

I have come to the conclusion that it might behoove me to just not attend any other concerts than Coldplay from now on. After seeing them, noooooooothing else compaaaaaaaaaaaaaares! :p

• Like 7

I know it's kinda Coldplay related, but I wanted to buy a subscription to The Road Rat magazine. The subscription costs £40 while shipping to my house is a whopping £60!!! Don't think I can justify that purchase...thats $130USD

• Like 2

Welcome them to my humble country! What cities do they visited?

Lisbon, Sines, Lagos, Faro, Evora, Peniche. (sorry if mispelled)

It was my mom's first ever visit to Europe and she absolutely loved it. What a gorgeous country you have it appears! I really want to make it over there some day.

• Like 2

Lisbon, Sines, Lagos, Faro, Evora, Peniche. (sorry if mispelled)

It was my mom's first ever visit to Europe and she absolutely loved it. What a gorgeous country you have it appears! I really want to make it over there some day.

She visited the wrong part of Portugal, if there is such. :p Maybe next time she'll visit the north of the country (where the real beauty is). Porto is a beautiful city and the winner for the Best European Destination for 2014 and 2017. Serra da Estrela and Gerês are also two magnificent nature spots to visit.

Lisbon is also a stunning city. And the Atlantic Islands too (Madeira and Azores).

Your mom's visit to Portugal seems a bit "incomplete". :yum

• Like 1

She visited the wrong part of Portugal, if there is such. :p Maybe next time she'll visit the north of the country (where the real beauty is). Porto is a beautiful city and the winner for the Best European Destination for 2014 and 2017. Serra da Estrela and Gerês are also two magnificent nature spots to visit.

Lisbon is also a stunning city. And the Atlantic Islands too (Madeira and Azores).

Your mom's visit to Portugal seems a bit "incomplete". :yum

They wanted to go to Porto, but too much to do in only 1.5 weeks I suppose. I will let them know. Next stop is Switzerland and Austria though, haha.

• Like 1