✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Even if ... why would I make any experience like that public? Even Thumper (from Bambi) teaches kids. If you don't have anything nice to say, best say nothing at all

I mean, i can understand that she wanted to get back at them (the solicitors/Will). The reaction was really way too harsh and inappropriate for what she had done. I don't doubt the authenticity of the incident or the letter, the question is just if that is the whole truth. I wonder what really prompted the reaction since I can't believe that Will himself would go after a misunderstanding with such drastic measures.

Speaking of negative stories about band members...I recently came across this bewildering one:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/STROPPY+STARS:+`Coldplay+threatened+to+sue+me'+Teacher+Jacqueline...-a0108768602

This offensive legal threat over such a trivial misunderstanding doesn't fit at all with what we know about Will's character, so I wonder what this was really about. I can only explain it by there being a history between the two parties prior to the incident. We only hear the lady's version of the story, but maybe she did keep bothering them beforehand ? I believe her story for the most part but what put me off slightly was that her first letter to Marianne by her own admission included a request for free Coldplay tickets - who would ask for that, upon first contact (and she says she isn't even a fan) ? Makes me doubt her claim a little that she was just after a teacher-to-teacher chat...

This is a really small detail but I noticed that Will explains that he couldn't even get tickets for his mum, but his mother died in 2000 well before the events of the article seem to take place, which makes me wonder if some or all of this is false

This is a really small detail but I noticed that Will explains that he couldn't even get tickets for his mum, but his mother died in 2000 well before the events of the article seem to take place, which makes me wonder if some or all of this is false

Hmm. That's an important detail. Sounds fishy to me.

• Like 1

True. I thought this was an excuse Will made, but then he could just as well said his dad or something. Could indeed be that the rest of the story is false as well.

• Like 1

Speaking of negative stories about band members...I recently came across this bewildering one:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/STROPPY+STARS:+`Coldplay+threatened+to+sue+me'+Teacher+Jacqueline...-a0108768602

This offensive legal threat over such a trivial misunderstanding doesn't fit at all with what we know about Will's character, so I wonder what this was really about. I can only explain it by there being a history between the two parties prior to the incident. We only hear the lady's version of the story, but maybe she did keep bothering them beforehand ? I believe her story for the most part but what put me off slightly was that her first letter to Marianne by her own admission included a request for free Coldplay tickets - who would ask for that, upon first contact (and she says she isn't even a fan) ? Makes me doubt her claim a little that she was just after a teacher-to-teacher chat...

Yeah, 3 possibilities here

a) it's all made up

b) Jacqueline had been annoying before

c) the sollicitors are assholes and Will and his wife didn't know about the letter

ranked from most likely to least likely

• Like 2

Yeah, 3 possibilities here

a) it's all made up

b) Jacqueline had been annoying before

c) the sollicitors are assholes and Will and his wife didn't know about the letter

ranked from most likely to least likely

Yes, although about c) I have to say that while the solicitors may have exaggerated on their own, perhaps on behalf of the label or record company who financed the cab, someone from team Will must have told them about the letters from Jacqueline, so can't be their doings alone.

Anyway ! :D

I actually came here to post this wonderful video I'm just watching on Youtube. An in-depth analysis of the different musical elements in Clocks and why the sounds so amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=7_warUFthJI;t=460

• Like 6

I saw Imagine Dragons this evening. It was a very good concert. The visuals and overall energy was great.

2 things as it relates to Coldplay-

-The energy of the lead singer is what makes a great rock concert. If the frontman is just going through the motions, the concert comes off as very unconvincing. Dan Reynolds (the frontman) reminds me of Chris. Even though neither of them are notable dancers or musical "prodigies", they get by on emotional vocals and stage presence/energy. Not surprising since Dan says he was inspired by Coldplay (Parachutes specifically).

-After seeing this concert, still nothing else compares (;)) to a Coldplay concert. It makes me appreciate everything Coldplay puts into a concert more after seeing other concerts.

• Like 7

I'm reading Roadie by Matt McGinn (a must read for any Coldplay/ live music fan) and it was written right at the end of Viva era. Then I found this great BBC concert on YouTube that I'm sure has already been posted here. It is worth posting again. What a fantastic set list. I'd give anything to be able to go to an intimate live set like this!!!

• Like 2

I'm reading Roadie by Matt McGinn (a must read for any Coldplay/ live music fan) and it was written right at the end of Viva era. Then I found this great BBC concert on YouTube that I'm sure has already been posted here. It is worth posting again. What a fantastic set list. I'd give anything to be able to go to an intimate live set like this!!!

I'm reading it right now too!

• Like 1

I havent been keeping up with my gossip. Like, last I cared, he was with Annabelle or something?

Now im googling her and who she is and theres this article:

https://radaronline.com/videos/coldplay-bitter-chris-martin-romance-dakota-johnson/

Doubt its true, but good for a laugh anyways!

The idea that Guy or Jonny is pissed that Chris doesn't want to work on new music right now is hilarious. I can't see that at all.

• Like 2

The idea that Guy or Jonny is pissed that Chris doesn't want to work on new music right now is hilarious. I can't see that at all.

Well, I guess there are only two, maybe three (if the other two have been completely honest) people who know the truth :p

Two weeks ago I had school final exams and I had to write an essay about various worldwide problems and their solutions. I remembered and used the Charlie Chaplin speech from "The Dictator"! I would've never written any other quote, cause I can't remember any. Thank you Coldplay!

• Like 4

I am helping to teach a physics class over the summer, and today, we had the students come up to the board and write down things that they connect to physics.

Two of the responses were: "Speed of Sound" and "42."

Of course I had to say that those are two good songs hahaha.

• Like 4

I watched the film Bruno with some friends this evening (very funny movie, btw). I almost jumped off the couch when I saw a Chris Martin cameo at the end!

I was about to look up the year of the movie, but when I saw Chris Martin wearing his VLV era gear, I didn't have to!

• Like 2