✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

^Meh it was fine. I am not a fan of them but it's hard to deny how many great hits they've had for so long.

There just wasn't anything particularly notable about their performance. Adam Levine looked bored and it felt more scripted than spontaneous. If you think about it, Coldplay kind of had the first Superbowl performance that felt "shared" versus "featuring Beyonce & Bruno Mars." and Maroon 5/NFL was clearly trying to emulate that by including some local performers ( A Gospel choir and drumline) which went over nicely. But it just felt like there was too much happening and M5 wanted to cram in too many songs.

Best parts for me were Spongebob/TravisScott (Sicko Mode is my fave song of 2018) and Big Boi who truly represented Atlanta.

^Meh it was fine. I am not a fan of them but it's hard to deny how many great hits they've had for so long.

There just wasn't anything particularly notable about their performance. Adam Levine looked bored and it felt more scripted than spontaneous. If you think about it, Coldplay kind of had the first Superbowl performance that felt "shared" versus "featuring Beyonce & Bruno Mars." and Maroon 5/NFL was clearly trying to emulate that by including some local performers ( A Gospel choir and drumline) which went over nicely. But it just felt like there was too much happening and M5 wanted to cram in too many songs.

Best parts for me were Spongebob/TravisScott (Sicko Mode is my fave song of 2018) and Big Boi who truly represented Atlanta.

Yeah down to the AOAL balloons

Hi guys! I'm back on the road! It's good to see some of you remember me from the last time I was here :) I've been very busy during these months... but it always feels good to take a look around here and enjoy again with some Coldplay stuff haha

Hope you guys are doing great! And sorry for my bad english lol

• Like 7

Hi guys! I'm back on the road! It's good to see some of you remember me from the last time I was here :) I've been very busy during these months... but it always feels good to take a look around here and enjoy again with some Coldplay stuff haha

Nice to see you here again!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Y'know, i've never been a fan of Birds, but since the live album came out, ive really been diggin' it more and more. So its made its way onto my permanent playlist in the car. Trouble is, it turns out I have no idea how to sing it, like, what the words are. Just went to the website to see what they actually are, and boy was I way off hah

• Like 7

Y'know, i've never been a fan of Birds, but since the live album came out, ive really been diggin' it more and more. So its made its way onto my permanent playlist in the car. Trouble is, it turns out I have no idea how to sing it, like, what the words are. Just went to the website to see what they actually are, and boy was I way off hah

I love Birds as well! I'm not a big fan of AHFOD, but Birds is a top 20 Coldplay song, imo.

• Like 1

Hey there Karvi! Your English is great, as always. So nice to see you back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So yesterday I was in a very painful MRI test for my ankle, while my thumb was in a cast from surgery last Friday.

I always ask to listen to Coldplay in MRI’s to keep my focus off the pain. The Technician put on AHFOD. When she told me there were 8 minutes left (just as I was about to hit the emergency “get me out of here” button, my first thought was not the pain.

My first thought, was “Oh no, I’ll have to hear X Marks the Spot!!!:

Earlier, when AHFOD started, I swore the weird sounds at the beginning started with Monkeys and other animal noises. The headphones really broke the sound down. Could that be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So yesterday I was in a very painful MRI test for my ankle, while my thumb was in a cast from surgery last Friday.

I always ask to listen to Coldplay in MRI’s to keep my focus off the pain. The Technician put on AHFOD. When she told me there were 8 minutes left (just as I was about to hit the emergency “get me out of here” button, my first thought was not the pain.

My first thought, was “Oh no, I’ll have to hear X Marks the Spot!!!:

Earlier, when AHFOD started, I swore the weird sounds at the beginning started with Monkeys and other animal noises. The headphones really broke the sound down. Could that

Yikes, sorry to hear about your ankle and thumb. I'm going through a gout attack now as well, so I feel your pain!

• Like 1

I am so bummed. Apparently my university has been putting on Coldplay laser/light shows since August, and I didn't know about it, and I think tonight was the last one. I asked a whole bunch of people if they could go, and only one person could, but then they bailed out on me at the last minute, so I couldn't go. :( :( :(

• Like 6

I am so bummed. Apparently my university has been putting on Coldplay laser/light shows since August, and I didn't know about it, and I think tonight was the last one. I asked a whole bunch of people if they could go, and only one person could, but then they bailed out on me at the last minute, so I couldn't go. :( :( :(

damn too bad. but hey, if it was a good turnout, maybe they'll do it again this summer?

Was that the same idea as those Coldplay laser shows they did at the planetarium

https://www.mos.org/planetarium/the-coldplay-experience

I'd go to that as well, seem to blend a couple of my interests, Coldplay and Space

• Like 2

damn too bad. but hey, if it was a good turnout, maybe they'll do it again this summer?

Was that the same idea as those Coldplay laser shows they did at the planetarium

https://www.mos.org/planetarium/the-coldplay-experience

I'd go to that as well, seem to blend a couple of my interests, Coldplay and Space

It was being hosted by my university's planetarium, so, yeah, same sort of idea. I don't think there is any space aspect to it though. They do it for a lot of bands including Pink Floyd, Queen, Bruno Mars, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Journey, etc, etc.

The website said the Coldplay one was August 31 - Feb 8, but it appears you can buy tickets for a March 14 Coldplay show, so I hope that is real and not a glitch!

• Like 3

It was being hosted by my university's planetarium, so, yeah, same sort of idea. I don't think there is any space aspect to it though. They do it for a lot of bands including Pink Floyd, Queen, Bruno Mars, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Journey, etc, etc.

The website said the Coldplay one was August 31 - Feb 8, but it appears you can buy tickets for a March 14 Coldplay show, so I hope that is real and not a glitch!

Shame it is not in the UK!

• Like 1

I just watched a video here on Coldplaying from yesterday where people from Malibu came together to remember the help they had got during the fire. Chris was playing and singing together with some other people and in one of the songs he mentioned that the Coldplay Studio had burnt down, or was he joking?

He was joking. The joke being generally speaking, there's still a sense that ppl don't like Coldplay so its 'good news' that the studio burned down, so the band wont make more music.

Yes, I got that. But he sang: 'The only piece of good news was that the Coldplay Studio burned down'. So that means the studio actually did burn down.

Chris is a huge jokester so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a totally made up joke.

I read that The Woodshed Recording Studio is the place where Coldplay did much of their recording in Malibu. It is close to Chris's house. The house of the owner of the Studio burned down completely, but the Studio itself which is next to the house was untouched by the flames.

• Like 1

Somebody may have already said this but ...

Kacey Musgraves just won best album at the Grammy's for "Golden Hour." I thought I'd give it a listen. I'm a big fan of Americana and GOOD country music so I felt dumb I missed it.

I'm super surprised how much Kacey's aesthetic is like Coldplay. This particular album is much more soft-rock than country inspired, but the way the acoustic guitar, pianos, and slide guitars are mixed sound A LOT like Coldplay throughout their career. There are even really nice drone synths, slide guitar reverb (like Jonny's E-bow), and strings mixed throughout the album that could have come straight out of AROBTTH. Check out Slowburn, Rainbows, Oh What A World.

Overall it's a pretty good album. It reminds me a lot of Beck's "Morning Phase" which won best album too. I'd love to see Coldplay go in this more quiet, acoustic direction for their next outing -- and hey, maybe they could finally win "Album of the Year," even though the Grammy's are trash and we all know it.

• Like 3

Guys, I'm new in this website. I'm coldplayer but I didnt have any time to sign in there... I have a question, I'm searching a concert video of coldplay. I dont remember the song, i dont remember the place but i loved it. The only thing i remembered was when jonny play guitar solo chris was saying 'now make some noise.. now make some noisee... No no no now make some real noiseeeeee' like that. :Ddddd I have to find this concert. If you know please replyyy

Have a nice day..

• Like 1

Guys, I'm new in this website. I'm coldplayer but I didnt have any time to sign in there... I have a question, I'm searching a concert video of coldplay. I dont remember the song, i dont remember the place but i loved it. The only thing i remembered was when jonny play guitar solo chris was saying 'now make some noise.. now make some noisee... No no no now make some real noiseeeeee' like that. :Ddddd I have to find this concert. If you know please replyyy

Have a nice day..

Cool, welcome!! :)

Hmm I guess it was ‘God Put A Smile Upon Your Face’? If I remember it well, Chris was saying that as well on Live 2012 as on Live in Buonos Aires. Let me know if that was the one!

• Like 1