[MEDIA=twitter]1028532354166468608[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1028532354166468608

[MEDIA=twitter]1028540392940163072[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1028540392940163072

[MEDIA=twitter]1028544432013037569[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1028544432013037569

[MEDIA=twitter]1028637084691652609[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1028637084691652609

Gotta say, its a bit weird to me, but definitely fitting of what he said when he said 'full of surprises' :S

• Like 5

first time singing Clocks live since 2016. that's pretty cool.

^I thought that too. If he can sing it here, why did he have to fake it before : (

Nice to be in the forums again! This hiatus is getting be crazy. 2 nights ago I dreamt of a new Coldplay song, which was explained by the band as a further continuation of AHFOD pfff! Then I got in Coldplaying, in this dream, and read that they've written only one song in this whole period, because Chris became an actor and was very busy working on a Pinocchio movie, where he was Jiminy cricket....LOL!!!

he would play an awesome jiminy cricket lol

LOOK what I found in a local Car Boot sale this morning !!!!! YAY !!!!!! What a bargain just £1 !!!! Hi everyone - that's me. :D

lucky!

• Like 1

^I thought that too. If he can sing it here, why did he have to fake it before : (

I watched 2016 BBC AHFOD mini concert and he clearly sang it there. He can still sing it.

If he didn't sing it during the stadium tour it was because the man is literally singing over 20 songs over 2 hours. It is a safe vocal break.

I'm at the airport now waiting in the queue on the way to the check-in counters and I've just seen a man with AFHOD Tour tee. However, I was too shy to greet him and start a conversation... I hope he's on the same flight as me so I might speak to him in the waiting area near the gate. I wish it really happened!

• Like 3

Was just gonna post that lol. Would certainly be exciting if true. They haven't done a "festival tour" since 2011 so would be great if they did.

Also, do you guys really think they will go another 2 years without releasing anything? I mean we are already 3 years from AHFOD, and Chris is most likely constantly writing music. I can see them taking the rest of this year off and then coming back next year with something, even if it's a one-off thing like Ghost Stories.

Although thinking about it now, AHFOD was at the very end of 2015, so given the extra break, a 2020 release doesn't sound too far out there. Plus we still have Live 2017 to look forward to, which can help bridge the gap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

before this article, I didnt think they'd be back that quickly. I still hope they dont tbh, because I want them to take their time. its no secret that the guys are constantly writing, i dont think thats what taking a break means per se.

either way, interesting point about the last time they did a festival run was 2011 (with MX). I remember being very excited hearing new songs debut at Rock am ring / Rock im park but I also recall listening to the album on the CD when it eventually came out and being very underwhelmed. I mean, its cool to hear some tracks early, but not ALL the tracks!

• Like 3

before this article, I didnt think they'd be back that quickly. I still hope they dont tbh, because I want them to take their time. its no secret that the guys are constantly writing, i dont think thats what taking a break means per se.

either way, interesting point about the last time they did a festival run was 2011 (with MX). I remember being very excited hearing new songs debut at Rock am ring / Rock im park but I also recall listening to the album on the CD when it eventually came out and being very underwhelmed. I mean, its cool to hear some tracks early, but not ALL the tracks!

Cause no surprises right?

dont know if this was posted here, but saw on twitter

DlBZfOTU8AEYAj3.jpg:large

being an asian (canadian) coldplay fan, this is very cool.

• Like 2

I'm at the airport now waiting in the queue on the way to the check-in counters and I've just seen a man with AFHOD Tour tee. However, I was too shy to greet him and start a conversation... I hope he's on the same flight as me so I might speak to him in the waiting area near the gate. I wish it really happened!
This was the first and the last time I've ever seen him... What a missed opportunity!
  • Like 1

Agree 100%. I personally don't mind a longer break this time because they really do deserve it and I think it will make them come back with something really incredible.

Also I feel the same exact way about hearing songs early. I was so excited when we first heard the new songs at Rick IM Park and Rock AM Ring, but I was also underwhelmed when MX came out. I remember specifically being disappointed with how Jonny's guitar solo sounded. It's got such a great sound to it live, but to me the album version sounds a bit bland. I remember thinking that it was a keyboard when I first heard it.

Also do you guys remember that they had opened the first show with Charlie Brown? Then the very next night they open with MX and Hurts Like Heaven. I always wondered why they chose to do Charlie Brown first. Maybe they were just trying to see what worked better as an opener? But they usually open with the first track so I don't know.

Anyway, yeah I wouldn't mind them doing a festival but I wouldn't want to hear more than one or two songs. In fact, I would like to try and wait to hear the next album in its entirety first listen. I have yet to do that with a Coldplay album. I would love to sit down and listen to it start to finish without knowing what's coming. For example, by the time Viva La Vida came out, I had already heard Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, so I knew what those two tracks were when they came up. To be fair though you would have to try really hard not to hear Viva La Vida in 2008. Especially because the iTunes commercial played all the time, which was awesome. Maybe the next album will be the album I go in unspoiled. I always say that, but as soon as a teaser or a snippet of something comes up, I can never resist lol.

• Like 3

That article really just rounds up all the "rumours" of Coldplay headlining a festival here and there. Those "rumours" we get pretty much every year. So yeah that website doesn't know more than we do and personally I would say that Coldplay doing a festival tour in 2019 is about as likely as the pope doing a festival tour in 2019 lol

• Like 4

Also do you guys remember that they had opened the first show with Charlie Brown? Then the very next night they open with MX and Hurts Like Heaven. I always wondered why they chose to do Charlie Brown first. Maybe they were just trying to see what worked better as an opener? But they usually open with the first track so I don't know.

I thought it was still MX/HLH to open? I do recall hearing/watching the video and the bass overpowering the recorder's mics. I also remember hearing Princess of China and being blown away. So many things I remember about those first pre-release shows. I remember one by one hearing each track with Up in Flames being last. Also remember the few songs we didn't hear turned out to be the short/snippet/instrumental ones and being disappointed in that. I dont think I could ignore or fight the urge to listen to whatever gets recorded before the release.

I thought it was still MX/HLH to open? I do recall hearing/watching the video and the bass overpowering the recorder's mics. I also remember hearing Princess of China and being blown away. So many things I remember about those first pre-release shows. I remember one by one hearing each track with Up in Flames being last. Also remember the few songs we didn't hear turned out to be the short/snippet/instrumental ones and being disappointed in that. I dont think I could ignore or fight the urge to listen to whatever gets recorded before the release.
Yeah for the very first Festival show they opened with Charlie Brown:

And I completely forgot about that part as well. Thinking we were going to have two extra tracks and they ended up just being instrumental intros was so disappointing. Why not just attach it to the song? I absolutely hate when I shuffle music and A Hopeful Transmission comes on and is immediately followed up by something else completely random lol.

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.

• Like 2

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.
Huh, I guess I never thought about that before. Interesting.

• Like 1

I am returning to the board after 6 years and im not so sure that this the same board because this one seems so like a college student made it...

Chris Martin... I adore that so UK look .. my favorite picture of you is in the yellow music video but that is the least favorite song... tell me

No more keeping feet on the ground... did I rewind the past to my future completely ignoring its release during a really bad part of my life? Maybe you should get a night and come to play in philly, this time when I buy your tickets way ahead of time and first... I wont get the worst seats all the way in the back but ... I got you... so dressed so like a stylish trendy black on black sexy top like makes me think of stevie nicks.. but a hot topic gothic metal studed belt I use when I think of underground lyricist of words that rhyme and drop knowledge like poetry of shit thats intelligent.... LIke your X& Y album, and two b side tracks.. ANIMALS... i know your favorite .. and ladder to the sun... I tend to only play parachutes when I want to think my 2 daughters father who I had to put up with for `15 long years... for the sake of my offspring.. I am excited to finally say... I am in a better place... I live on my own.. and went through a difficult homeless program that is new to the state I live in.. I any day now will recieve my permanant housing voucher.. which means if my 70 year old mom dies the only family i have left that is supportive because the few that are left I have no relationship with even when I was little ... and my 3 daughters... ages 10,12, and 20.. on a intellectual side... they are old in their minds because of having a very " "different " mom... but for their own growing up experience they are only little girls...

My 20 year old that turns 21 in december... is the finally mature enough to carry on her mothers advice to go and explore... I can relate to my kids but My mom cant because of our age difference of 30 years... I was 17 when I had my first and the 90s were extremely different then the 80s.. generation gaps... huge... now . not much... but maybe..

anyways...

Chris... how is apple? Are you still with gweneth? Spell.. do you live in London? Suburbs?

I am happy to tell you.. I am free from schizophrenia... how ever a new after affect from medication which is a side affect.. I have akethisia... its rather new... but its a movement disorder.. I basically feel and look like a robot or a little ballet dancer in a music box... but its my perception of myself I am watching all of my movements..

I worked on my heritage... my small amount of english roots... take the O accent...

to describe myself as a decendant of an old English Royal Blood ... the roots steming from the the centuries... my one small guilty pleasure of comaparison to a famous person from mainstream population .. is the character ROSE from titanic.. Kate Winlet...

funny the similarities in spelling...

winslet

windsor..

or

winchester...

I only am similar to the style but the dress isnt right.. it has to look like a bib. and those dresses are from the 16th century for those dark shadows Vampire days steming from transylvania, Romania...

anyways... droppin by to say hi...

you should check out my old sites I had to put aside and away for almost 21 years... and totally had to forget and those years there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

its 2018 and I am recreating what I had to stop, but recreating as in reinventing .. but aware of things that failed or didnt like.. or didnt work and aware of accomplishments..

www.dnbforum.com

tell gweneth.. to try layering her clothes... just a nice idea I am giving her... nothing more nothing less..

btw.. I will be 40 in October...

How old are you?

People tend to think I am in my 20s...

but you are only as old as you feell

Xo...

ooxoxoxoxo c xooxx

"father of creation"... I always take the boy first in the name Christina...

I put myself before all even my own... I protect the well being of all...

even for a .. there is no male for a daddy and mommy of all...

we have broken home world...

divorces.... and its a world of learning yourself and for a higher and greater good... and we have to accept that there is more then one love story and people can be in love with two different people at the same time...

I have my own ideas... its called... believe for imagination and keep busy and make sure you have security and stability and .. work on your future and after death if you believe in other worlds or re incarnation...

all things are temporary..

This is EARTH

E for EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

A for ALL

R for Recycle

T for TRASH

H FOR HOME BASE

I think I will polietly and respectfully bow down to all, and excuse myself from all of population ... and I gotta go, I gotta be out, I'm out...I aM that only one that whatever 99.96% of population does... I don't

If I Have to..I probably will talk like a 2 year old preschooler to have to sit down and get flash cards out to explain why and explain I dont need a reason.. the answer is no... If I have to make up a reason it may not sound nice..

I am not on my Mission for God , as a humanitarian..

www.youtube.com

put in search box...

Re-invent yourself

My suggestion.. build on your albums..

X&y you could make another album .. something spun off of this album

Find your creativity...

If possible..

go thru your stuff in your room...

keep any sentimental items you had the longest and throw everything out and everything or donate it to a thrift store and Start over..you will have alot of new creative ideas.. you have to get out with the old and in with the new..

you will feel better.

www.dnbforum.com

This is my old site

heres another for inspiration

www.djforums.com

www.idmforums.com

www.dogsonacid.com

Best,

Melisa <3

Old music English/ British//UK Singer with downtempo ambient dnb tracks1997