🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Something's drawn me back to viva la vida era Coldplay. Like how good was the whole atmosphere and the uniforms that the band wore. Can't believe it's been 10 years though

• Like 4

Something's drawn me back to viva la vida era Coldplay. Like how good was the whole atmosphere and the uniforms that the band wore. Can't believe it's been 10 years though

Although AROBTTH is my favorite album, VLV is the best era for me. They were on top of their game then, in every aspect- the music, Chris' vocals, the art and visuals, etc. It really sucks that they don't play most of those songs anymore. I'd rather have Lovers in Japan, LiT2, Violet Hill, most of the VLV hits over the newer hits in concert.

• Like 7

I share the same views, how neat! AROBTTH is also my favorite album and I totally agree that the VLV era was the band's best. Had so much charm to it.

It's hard to explain... Maybe I felt wooed by it because it was the first live Coldplay concert I attended with my Sister was during their Viva tour 2008 just shy of Thanksgiving in my home of Arizona. (I now tend to think of the entire month of November as a make-shift Coldplay month.) It might be the puppets used in their videos, their concert attire, the use of church bell... everything the art aesthetic, it just seems so very fun and playful.

• Like 2

I share the same views, how neat! AROBTTH is also my favorite album and I totally agree that the VLV era was the band's best. Had so much charm to it.

It's hard to explain... Maybe I felt wooed by it because it was the first live Coldplay concert I attended with my Sister was during their Viva tour 2008 just shy of Thanksgiving in my home of Arizona. (I now tend to think of the entire month of November as a make-shift Coldplay month.) It might be the puppets used in their videos, their concert attire, the use of church bell... everything the art aesthetic, it just seems so very fun and playful.

Totally, VLV was by far their best era artistically.

I am so jealous of everyone who was able to see a VLV or X&Y concert. I am very grateful to have seen AHFOD, and even though it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, I get the sense it was nothing like VLV or X&Y. I would lose my s*** standing in front of the band kicking off LiT or Square One lol

• Like 5

Totally, VLV was by far their best era artistically.

I am so jealous of everyone who was able to see a VLV or X&Y concert. I am very grateful to have seen AHFOD, and even though it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, I get the sense it was nothing like VLV or X&Y. I would lose my s*** standing in front of the band kicking off LiT or Square One lol

If I could go back in time, it would literally be to go to an X&Y concert

• Like 5

If I could go back in time, it would literally be to go to an X&Y concert

When I watch Toronto 2006 I'm like, what do I have to do to be one of those people in the front row.

• Like 2

When neighbours below your flat are playing a remix of SJLT so aloud that you can hear it and actually feel the floor vibrating, oh well. Someone's throwing a party, haha. :D

• Like 3

Is the song Mooie Ellebogen (idk if I spelled that correctly) sung to the tune of another, more famous song?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When neighbours below your flat are playing a remix of SJLT so aloud that you can hear it and actually feel the floor vibrating, oh well. Someone's throwing a party, haha. :D

My kids would simply be dancing and singing to "the superhero song" :D

• Like 3

No posters nor memorabilias for sale but still very eager and excited...!

61bf3f038cea8298829d880f6c502f07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Is the song Mooie Ellebogen (idk if I spelled that correctly) sung to the tune of another, more famous song?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He sang it in The Netherlands, so I'm not sure there isn't a song with that tune.

But the sentences are not from any other song I know of. [emoji4]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

He sang it in The Netherlands, so I'm not sure there isn't a song with that tune.

But the sentences are not from any other song I know of. [emoji4]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Actually, I found it. It's to the tune of a children's nursery rhyme called Ten Little Indians. The same tune starts at 0:14 in this video:

Actually, I found it. It's to the tune of a children's nursery rhyme called Ten Little Indians. The same tune starts at 0:14 in this video:

I tried to sing Mooie Ellebogen along with it and it doesn't match for me. [emoji16]

I've just discovered there's the AHFOD album on vinyl released by UNICEF.

[spoiler=About UNICEF Blue Vinyl]

Unicef is releasing 50 special, limited edition blue vinyls of 17 cult, classic and contemporary albums to raise funds and awareness for the Children's Emergency Fund.

Each vinyl has been specially pressed in blue vinyl and individually numbered 1 to 50. There are prize draws and auctions for each album, allowing fans and record collectors alike the opportunity to win a vinyl while supporting children in danger across the world.

100% of proceeds from Unicef Blue Vinyl will go to Unicef UK’s Children’s Emergency Fund.

Unicef UK’s Children’s Emergency Fund helps Unicef be there for children in danger, wherever and whenever war or disaster strikes. The fund helps Unicef deliver life-saving food, clean water, vaccines and health care for children, as well as protection from violence and abuse, and ensure that children can continue their education.

By purchasing Unicef Blue Vinyl or taking part in the prize draw, you can help us keep children safe, whenever and wherever an emergency hits.

If you would like to bid, go to: https://www.givergy.com/listing/unicef-blue-vinyl/coldplay-head-full-of-dreams-blue-vinyl.

[spoiler=Description]The latest studio album from seven-time Grammy Award-winning act Coldplay, A Head Full of Dreams topped the UK Albums Chart when released in 2015. Coldplay collaborated with a range of artists on the album, including Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher and Tove Lo. ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ features singles such as “Adventure of a Lifetime”; “Hymn for the Weekend”; and “Up & Up”.

The limited edition vinyl is the first pressing (#1/50) of A Head Full of Dreams for Unicef Blue Vinyl.

All money raised from the sale of Unicef Blue Vinyl albums will go to Unicef UK’s Children’s Emergency Fund. The Children’s Emergency Fund helps Unicef deliver life-saving food, clean water, health care and education for children, as well as protection from violence and abuse.

Your bid could help us keep children safe, whenever and wherever an emergency hits.

This auction closes on Monday 26th November 2018 at 10 PM (GMT).

This auction has a reserve price which has not been met.

If you would to try your luck and hope to win in the prize draw, go to: https://www.givergy.com/listing/unicef-blue-vinyl/blue-vinyl-coldplay-a-head-full-of-dreams.

[spoiler=Description]The latest studio album from seven-time Grammy Award-winning act Coldplay, A Head Full of Dreams topped the UK Albums Chart when released in 2015. Coldplay collaborated with a range of artists on the album, including Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher and Tove Lo. ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ features singles such as “Adventure of a Lifetime”; “Hymn for the Weekend”; and “Up & Up”.

There are dozens of chances to win a limited edition vinyl of ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ in the prize draw. Each album has been specially pressed in blue vinyl and will be adorned with an edition sticker as well as a holographic Unicef sticker on the front of album. For every 10 entries purchased in the prize draw, you will receive one bonus entry for free.

All money raised from the sale of Unicef Blue Vinyl albums will go to Unicef UK’s Children’s Emergency Fund. The Children’s Emergency Fund helps Unicef deliver life-saving food, clean water, health care and education for children, as well as protection from violence and abuse.

Your entry can help us keep children safe, whenever and wherever an emergency hits.

This prize draw closes on Monday 10th December 2018 at 22:00 (GMT).

I tried to sing Mooie Ellebogen along with it and it doesn't match for me. [emoji16]
Well, it's not an exact match because Chris added some extra syllables, but it's still the same tune.

I love the liveliness of the site this couple of days! So nice we all gather here again!

• Like 10

I love the liveliness of the site this couple of days! So nice we all gather here again!

I swear I thought the exact same thing before I opened the notification for your post :joy:

• Like 4

It feels like I had been in hibernation until AHFOD film came out, and now I'm back to my full on Coldplayer mode again. So I wanted to watch Live 2012, I go and find it. Only to see that it's not in its case! So now I have to clean up my entire house and hope to find it :sob: Also, I can't find my Ghost Stories CD. So basically I don't take care of my stuff and I purchased Ghost Stories again. Hope I learn my lesson! Wish me luck on finding my Live 2012 disc.

• Like 4

EDIT. Saw not until now that this was posted on the LP8 thread already, but I'm gonna leave it here anyways

Just stumbled upon this. I now they are supposed to be in hiatus until 2021 as far as touring was concerned, so no idea if this is legit or not, but this tweet w/ video claims that Coldplay would be performing in 2019.

[MEDIA=twitter]1063811076305883137[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ali_donizete/status/1063811076305883137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ghZQ7f4WrGs18GXTVRiUNq_nuNsBPnqs-WiApc_d0sa4JiAIzTgbiCOmANaHst4_8Wn9H-Go5yOImATHSjE5PcUejFqj7s53fh9v77QL-eTHivSFj5l6DXTmlJddOzoxUCWzDtHG-OvaAqgr6ptKFSagQxAjBOMoH4N6ZgqR_fvIZuTt3SsklmzHkjnoTdKLYvhhH8H4nEj9USbibSMoLENWfgE-qASJj7FqoXHkxuVMFH2pWxB-RmYeuNMP97TlDf5syw5SoEnW-vnzQCOAZ6SWSynndhwlsrD1HUYf609sulYWk1CmRI7rb9-Zq4Ukd78C0qn6fSU4JVCfL8H0st_gBZJKuaPT7ut7PEMVeAzrP1fctUdERY4A_Az613NzmH6I29TJ9cm3gHXaibtwzJKJFYU8FSoetNLab1p9vJFXfS7WbxHljWIhtj3SLl6fZ0lYp083OVQ4ZokTYDoU8D5D7xiTUoX5PmcfHf0RawCIi1H5dlnFQlFjCjc9nMfBhx___UgkGgAGI0vlaBiGAP-2lhm5xcdB_gvcR1YbRzgPQgKtzw7MtIp6B4Sgeu8lcjERRNQIqvNpLaomWxSafXa88gXRwg9IihKrpBGD-GHJbWkPXhzTgJz6zrY96TsuJBuWsWf-TPdw2DaNtq_ywlFt=w940-h626-no

Today I visited my friends who accompanied me on Wednesday when we went to the local cinema to see the film. I brought my Coldplay-related stuff with myself to show them what I own. We were fooling around and did something special as you can see in the picture. We pasted everything on the wall and the cupboard to make it look like we had built a shrine dedicated to the Coldplay!

Yes, the poster is the one I got in the cinema after the screening of AHFOD when I asked for it.

• Like 7

fr7N2ppa7ut0T8UW79HPusIdKh1EOVbyZW6K21rsnR8s7eawDfOlQiV8yyMnR5eWZA0dsLdztDpoq1FeCMtWqeC4oz98jEx1u3fZpNy3V2B-8_RhQX4uolwJ1YBTRQptFtcxXKmtuA=w480-h321-no

Today I visited my friends who accompanied me on Wednesday when we went to the local cinema to see the film. I brought my Coldplay-related stuff with myself to show them what I own. We were fooling around and did something special as you can see in the picture. We pasted everything on the wall and the cupboard to make it look like we had built a shrine dedicated to the Coldplay!

Yes, the poster is the one I got in the cinema after the screening of AHFOD when I asked for it.

I like the way it's decorated, nice collection you have there!

I would buy it directly if they were selling those posters in our local cinema!

• Like 1