✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

^Maybe unpopular amongst Oldplayers, but that's fine!

I mean, it was genius move in terms of making a ton of streaming $'s and reaching a younger market of music listeners. I'll admit the song has a catchy melody and I like the instrumental build towards the final drop.

But also, the song is literally just Roses + Closer (two songs I do like) + Chris talking nonsense. So creatively its a pile of muck compared to everything else Coldplay's done the last few eras.

Also, as an Oldplayer, I cringe thinking of SJLT compared to Spies. It's like ... how could the same band write these songs? But then again, that's why we love them, isn't it?

• Like 3

^Maybe unpopular amongst Oldplayers, but that's fine!

I mean, it was genius move in terms of making a ton of streaming $'s and reaching a younger market of music listeners. I'll admit the song has a catchy melody and I like the instrumental build towards the final drop.

But also, the song is literally just Roses + Closer (two songs I do like) + Chris talking nonsense. So creatively its a pile of muck compared to everything else Coldplay's done the last few eras.

Also, as an Oldplayer, I cringe thinking of SJLT compared to Spies. It's like ... how could the same band write these songs? But then again, that's why we love them, isn't it?

That's so true actually. It is so weird how much bands and even people can change over time. Like besides anybody's ideas on what they think is good or bad. A song like spies compared to SJLT are just so different. Lol now I think I'll have to listen to parachutes again.

Hey everyone. It seems I won one of these blue vinyls :):):):):) Winning bid for #1/50 was £650. Mine cost me 2 entries @ £5 each and now £9 P&P. Over the moon :):):):)

That's so good, congrats :)

• Like 2

Clearly unpopular opinion apparently but I am Oldplay age and like Chainsmokers and think SJLT was a pretty genius move by the band.

I am with you completely. Oldplay age here too and I've always loved SJLT. I am not a big Chainsmokers fan but didn't mind the awesome song that came from this collab.

• Like 2

I am with you completely. Oldplay age here too and I've always loved SJLT. I am not a big Chainsmokers fan but didn't mind the awesome song that came from this collab.

Yeah I think it is fun. I do think their first two albums are masterpieces that have not been beaten by the other albums (even though I appreciate Viva I actually listen to Viva songs the least). But I do like every album no matter how different it seems.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where a Coldplay Calendar 2019 can be bought ? I've had an unofficial one for the past few years but there's no sign, online, of any this year ! I can't live with an empty space on the wall where it should be ! :weary_face: I'm in the UK.

So do we think they are making new music in there? It seems like I keep seeing pics pop up in social media like they have been in studio multiple days. Or is this just a get together?

Well I can assure you they are not just sitting around in the Bakery for days on end sipping a pot of tea and stepping outside for selfies.

If I had to place bets, I'm guessing they are making initial plans for 2019 and workshopping some material Chris has developed over the past year. Then Chris will go to LA and open his stocking from Goopy over Christmas and the boys will get to work next month.

• Like 8