✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

The person who usually takes care of fan mail at the Bakery is Matt McGinn, Jonny's guitar roadie.

Oh, that's interesting, as it was actually Matt that I wrote to ! So, that's really nice to think it was his personal reply. :)

• Like 3

The person who usually takes care of fan mail at the Bakery is Matt McGinn, Jonny's guitar roadie.

Oh, wow! That's so cool, thanks for sharing that info! I actually just got done reading his book a few weeks ago! I'm sure most of you on here have already read it (I'm late to the game, it came out like 7 years ago) but if you haven't, get a hold of it. It's a really fun, interesting read.

Maybe I should choose to include that in the letter that I send to The Bakery.... :D

• Like 4

Oh, wow! That's so cool, thanks for sharing that info! I actually just got done reading his book a few weeks ago! I'm sure most of you on here have already read it (I'm late to the game, it came out like 7 years ago) but if you haven't, get a hold of it. It's a really fun, interesting read.

Maybe I should choose to include that in the letter that I send to The Bakery.... :D

I sadly haven't (can you believe that?)! :confused: I believe my brother (42JTR) read it sometime or still has it.

I couldn't find this tweet on the twitter. Was it a joke?

Yes, it was a joke.

But this one isn't:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/education/norwich-school-students-at-coldplay-london-studio-chris-martin-1-5976339

Will was showing a group of students round Coldplay's Studio, letting them play on Chris's piano and on his drum kit and answering all their questions. I would have loved to be there.

It is intereting to see how differently the four members keep in touch with their fans. Guy is the most active, Will seeks the direct contact, Chris writes two little tweets and Jonny?

• Like 6

Yes, it was a joke.

But this one isn't:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/education/norwich-school-students-at-coldplay-london-studio-chris-martin-1-5976339

Will was showing a group of students round Coldplay's Studio, letting them play on Chris's piano and on his drum kit and answering all their questions. I would have loved to be there.

It is intereting to see how differently the four members keep in touch with their fans. Guy is the most active, Will seeks the direct contact, Chris writes two little tweets and Jonny?

Wow that's incredible, those people were immensely lucky to get a chance to do something like that! That's a one in a lifetime opportunity. It's so great for Will to show some behind the scenes since the band is mostly quiet about their writing process.

• Like 5

My friend goes to UCL and I'm sure it's changed since Coldplay were there, but she told me that they have a lot of breaks (for like half the year), only about ten hours a week of classes, and no homework until their exams. I wonder if that kind of concentrated schedule was what allowed Coldplay to practice so much while still students?

• Like 2

I hope it's ok if I post this here. (if not please feel free to move it, dear mods :D)

I just opened a shop on Etsy (the platform for self-made art and design objects) and it's called TwistedLogicDesign. I'm selling handcrafted Coldplay-inspired art prints over there.

If anyone is interested, this is the shop:

https://etsy.me/2UOMKmc

And this is what the prints look like. 100 % handmade :blush:

1275513306_Coldplayartprints.thumb.JPG.52505989637da78b9e2148615ed17ff6.JPG

• Like 10

I hope it's ok if I post this here. (if not please feel free to move it, dear mods :D)

I just opened a shop on Etsy (the platform for self-made art and design objects) and it's called TwistedLogicDesign. I'm selling handcrafted Coldplay-inspired art prints over there.

[ATTACH=full]8224[/ATTACH]

Looks awesome! You should definitely do some Viva La Vida inspired art with brush painted writing!!! I love that concept...

• Like 2

Looks awesome! You should definitely do some Viva La Vida inspired art with brush painted writing!!! I love that concept...

Thanks ! I actually did recreate the Viva cover, albeit on glass. I did lots of Coldplay-related art in the past couple of months. Maybe I will showcase them some time !

• Like 2

[ATTACH=full]8224[/ATTACH]

That's wonderful, amazing job! I like the fact that you've used quite a lot colour combinations. But I'm curious how long it takes you to make one art print.

• Like 2