✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Mel should send you guys that actual sign. Mail it from city to city. Get a pic of it at every show on the tour. LMFAO They would be all WTF!!!! :laugh3:

Hahahahahahah! Yeah! :lol: I'm going to two shows too, in different parts of the country :sneaky:

What would they think?!?!

I can't believe you guys saw them on michigan avenue, lucky. This was my first coldplay concert even though I've been listening to them for ages, and it did not dissapoint, definately well worth the money and was probably the best concert i've ever been too.

ok let's try this again..LOL I was at the Chicago July 23rd show,and they played an encore of Green Eyes,Out of insane curiousity I thought to myself :Is it fate that Coldplay played my love of Green Eyes on the night that I was there or did they play it on both nights and I will still be lucky because either way it should make the dvd? Sadly I did not get the song recorded sooo if anyone does have it recorded I would absolutly love to have a copy or what not...:wink3:

As a longtime Coldplay, these were the best 2 nights of my year. Nevertheless, I wished they had played some more "intimate" (or at least less poppish) songs: A Rush of Blood to the Head, See You Soon, Amsterdam, Spies, etc. It probably would not have mattered though, because there were a lot of non-fans at the United Center. I felt like the only person in the venue who knew the words to Yes!, Strawberry Swing, and Death and All of His Friends. Furthermore, I don't even think people there new the words to the hits. The sing-along's were embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the shows both nights. Yet, the cameras, lame ticketholders, over-sized venue, repetitive setlists (same set list each night), arranged seating, etc. made the event seem like a Las Vegas-type production as opposed to a personal concert for fans.

I agree with you completely! I was at the 7/23 show with my daughter and we sat up in Section 334 with the lamest people. I was shocked at how many people up there sat on their behinds when the band first came out and the lack of unfamiliarity with not only the new material, but songs like Politik, Scientist, etc. (I, too, was hoping to hear A Rush of Blood to the Head ).

ok let's try this again..LOL I was at the Chicago July 23rd show,and they played an encore of Green Eyes,Out of insane curiousity I thought to myself :Is it fate that Coldplay played my love of Green Eyes on the night that I was there or did they play it on both nights and I will still be lucky because either way it should make the dvd? Sadly I did not get the song recorded sooo if anyone does have it recorded I would absolutly love to have a copy or what not...:wink3:

Will and Chris played it the first night...so we got it BOTH nights;)

Phil actually IS hot.

Hey! Phil is MINE :angry::D

I saw him live and in person at the Today show, and ask Mel, I said--I'm gonna become a groupie for the band's friend, not even the band members LOL

(I just don't have any money to follow them around, hehe, but if I only could...I'd wear a tshirt that said PHIL IS HOT, nevermind a banner!:wink3:

^ that'd be cool :lol:

There is NO WAY I'm sending that sign...sorry...I want our homemade Guy sign for Orlando...I can point you in the right direction so you can order one just like it...does that help??

:nice: no worries it's all yours !

but I might add something like :"Chicago said PHIL IS HOT, Paris fucking agree!" :P