✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heehee! That was a great idea by you guys. Soooo must have taken them by surprise.... :D

I just listened to Coldplay playing in HMV baack in 2000, and they're calling Phil on stage, and he says something like "the fan club meeting has been postponed" :lol: wtf? haha

think Roadie #42 may have been reading the thread coz his latest blog seems to answer some of the comments made http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php?title=Roadie_42_-_Blog_14_-_25th_July_2008&rcid=7299

I don't think Guy not coming back was any big deal. His mood that day was great. He was fine during the show. In my video you can see Jonny start to leave, then decide to pick his guitar up and join Will and Chris for Green Eyes. I think Guy didn't come back because he was sitting in the car waiting to go back to the hotel wondering what the hell was taking Jonny so long to get to the bloody car. :laugh3:

Agreed. He You can see in the video how he goes to pick up his bass and then seems to realize he's not needed for the song. He puts it down rather calmly (not like he's mad or anything) and leaves slowly, he doesn't exactly storm off in a huff.

I don't think Guy not coming back was any big deal. His mood that day was great. He was fine during the show. In my video you can see Jonny start to leave, then decide to pick his guitar up and join Will and Chris for Green Eyes. I think Guy didn't come back because he was sitting in the car waiting to go back to the hotel wondering what the hell was taking Jonny so long to get to the bloody car. :laugh3:

I was also thinking about some of the other comments about unplanned encores & the like, but I think I might have mixed my Chicago threads up when i posted :embarassed:

hello, i've been lurking for a while and never found a need to post until now.....just thought you guys might enjoy this a bit. i went to the show last night and was fairly happy with my seats.....but ECSTATIC when coldplay came RIGHT IN FRONT of us to play! none of my friends believe how close i was.....but chris fist pounded my boyfriend like 3 times (the first time the camera is on his arm, he was shaking his hand)!!! i was so jealous! and so happy! and i felt super awkward with thousands of people facing towards me! what a surprise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbdgL3p6u0

i was on the florr and saw that guy get a fist pound. i was pissed lol.

PICS!!!

chicagowednesday202.jpg

ROFLMHO just caught up with the thread and....THAT IS THE BEST SIGN EVER :laugh3::laugh3::D

Excellent way to get their attention too! Bet the guys will be talking about it for a while! :lol:

well this is phil...so you can decide for yourself...

for me the sign is true but also i knew the boys would get a kick out of it:D

IMG_8199.jpg

Seriously :wink3:

ROFLMHO just caught up with the thread and....THAT IS THE BEST SIGN EVER :laugh3::laugh3::D

Excellent way to get their attention too! Bet the guys will be talking about it for a while! :lol:

Seriously :wink3:

Well, we could have made all kinds of signs but I wanted them to do a double take and that's exactly what happened.:D

Well, we could have made all kinds of signs but I wanted them to do a double take and that's exactly what happened.:D

Indeed! Much approved :smug:

Maybe it's just me...but "Phil is hot" is a perfect new tagline amongst ourselves here to say (besides already being listed as a tag on this thread). All in good fun :P

Indeed! Much approved :smug:

Maybe it's just me...but "Phil is hot" is a perfect new tagline amongst ourselves here to say (besides already being listed as a tag on this thread). All in good fun :P

Exactly - its all meant in good fun. I am hoping since Jonny and Guy met us and I think they could (hopefully) tell that we meant well, that they took the phil sign as the joke it was and all had a good laugh.

And that's exactly how the sign came about...after NYC we all kept saying - wow Phil is hot:idea2: and voila the sign was born!

Exactly - its all meant in good fun. I am hoping since Jonny and Guy met us and I think they could (hopefully) tell that we meant well, that they took the phil sign as the joke it was and all had a good laugh.

And that's exactly how the sign came about...after NYC we all kept saying - wow Phil is hot:idea2: and voila the sign was born!

It's not in fun, it's a scientific FACT! Phil is HOT! :sneaky:

OMG Mel, I was going through my pics and found one of Crazy bike guy making his run down the ramp at the loading dock. Lori and I didn't notice him because we were watching to see who was getting out of the van. Miller is there and we saw someone with a man bag that she thought might be Guy, but wasn't. cheeky bastard!

Coldplay7-22-08Chicago020.jpg

It's not in fun, it's a scientific FACT! Phil is HOT! :sneaky:

OMG Mel, I was going through my pics and found one of Crazy bike guy making his run down the ramp at the loading dock. Lori and I didn't notice him because we were watching to see who was getting out of the van. Miller is there and we saw someone with a man bag that she thought might be Guy, but wasn't. cheeky bastard!

Coldplay7-22-08Chicago020.jpg

yeah you're right...its a fact - the dude is hot - of course they keep him hidden so that they look more handsome;)

is this pic from tuesday? cause miller was in the back of that black van on wednesday...the van that was behind guy and jonny's suv...

Hey mel, could we all use the phil is hot sign at concerts around the globe, so it's a returning thing, maybe they'll start looking for it you know is it here is it not? off course we'd put your credits on it!

it would be funny for it to keep popping up all over the planet! they'd be like WTF???:laugh3:

You should so do that, hahahaha... the "Phil is Hot" phenomenon, spreading across the globe..... I could represent for London... ;) Mich for Liverpool.... and so on....... :laugh3:
OMG Mel should send you guys that actual sign. Mail it from city to city. Get a pic of it at every show on the tour. LMFAO They would be all WTF!!!! :laugh3: