✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chinse Sleep Chant

was this the one that people thought was in spanish? i know its not really but just curious

spanish speaker here and i sure you that what they say here is not spanish, is english.

btw the first comment that i've heard about it from another coldplayer was that it sounds like Latin :thinking:

if you listen to the Jimmy Kimmell performance you can make most of them out.

it's something like

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep Satisfied,

Sleep Satisfied,

Sleep,

Sleep,

Sleep Satisfied,

Sleep Satisfied

there's a few variations, but it's mainly repetative!

lol that just made me think about 'Satisfaction' by Rolling Stones lol :laugh3:

thanks for your help ASR/JD ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I honestly think Chinese Sleep Chant is by far the worst song on the album and is definitely one of Coldplays worse out of all 4 of their albums!

Don't get me wrong.... I LOVE Coldplay and the rest of this album is absolutely brilliant (except Reign of Love)! :D

this was actually one of the songs i loved right from the beginning

its amazing, i dont know how else to say it. the solo is just incredible. and i like that you cant decipher the lyrics - its just a song, and we dont have to squabble over motivation or anything like that. its like music in another language, when you cant understand it, but you just love it because it gives you a feeling. lyrics can change the feelings you get while listening to a song.

to me, this song could have been an AROBTTH b-side. i think it's very reminiscent of songs like "one i love" or "moses" or "1.36." even though it's not one of my absolute favorites on the album, i like it more than i would just because it reminds me of AROBTTH :nice:. very nostalgic :D

agreed, and this is what i think coldplay are best at. also reminds me a bit of daylight, anyone agree?

does anyone else think that CSC's guitars sound wayy too compressed and thin? singer and drums sound fine. just guitars, sound hollow and compressed.

Yeah I totally get you, during the intro my ears feel like they're gonna burst. It's only when drums and vocals come in where it starts sounding alright.

After much deliberation and debate I have come to the following conclusion...the guitar solo in Chinese Sleep Chant is Jonny's best ever. I don't usually play air guitar but when that solo comes round I can't help myself.

Absolutely love this song, all it needs is more vocals and to be a bit longer and I'll be in heaven!

Jonnys solo is amazing, just keep repeating that bit over and over. Might make my own extended version.

Remindes me alot of My Bloody Valentine.

Yeah, definitely. There's a Japanese band called Supercar that do the same thing with their vocals on many of their tracks. On some of them, I can't tell whether they're singing in Japanese or English, and I think that's their intention. Pretty cool.

I totally agree with the MBV reference. It's kinda funny actually. As soon as that song starts it's like it's 1991 all over again. I go straight back to my sophomore year of college. Oh the girls, the music, and everything else:dozey:

This song was hard to get into for me, but it really grew on me. I didnt like it because of the indecipherable lyrics, but the instrumentals are so brilliant it more than makes up for it. I saw a review on iTunes calling this song and Strawberry Swing "filler songs". There is no way this can be considered a "filler", no matter how hard the lyrics are to hear.

At first listen i thought this kinda killed Yes, but now i think i almost like it more than Yes. Definitely shoulda been its own track.

IMO, it is its own track. The break after Yes concludes is defined enough to where I totally disassociate Yes from Chinese Sleep Chant.

BTW, I love CSC for what it is... it's a hooky, brilliant guitar solo break etherial chant (not a song designed to deliver a complex lyrical message). I saw the AOL video of it being performed in Amsterdam and I was surprised at how well it worked live. I can't get its haunting riff out of my mind when I start replaying it in my head.

I didnt like it because of the indecipherable lyrics, but the instrumentals are so brilliant it more than makes up for it.

I'm thinking the vocal track was recorded with the echo and compressed dynamic range so as to replicate what vocals would sound like to someone who was in an alpha state, just prior to drifing off to sleep. I don't think they were meant to be clearly decipherable... but I'm not the band, nor am I Brian Eno, so I don't know that for sure.

Dude. This is one of my favourite ones on the album. It's very refreshing! How can one not like it? :P

Anyway, I think it's:

Sleeeeep.

Leaving me satisfied?

No idea. I wish we knew the lyrics.

EDIT: Ok. Does anyone else think that Cemeteries of London should have followed this song because it would blend better? End of CSG becomes dark, just right for CoL.