✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

YAAAAA!!!!! Just got my tickets for the Home Depot Center show!!!! This is gonna be my 4th time seeing Coldplay, goodtimes.

I was trying to win tickets of KROQ, no luck , but I guess since I won tickets from KROQ on their last contest is wasn't meant to be. Many of my friends say I'm crazy cause I'm going to a 4th show, but I said....with a band of this calibor that you love wouldn't you want to see them as much as you could? Hate to say it, but Coldplay may not be around forever...stuff happens. Anyways, I was able to get floor seats again, hope the floor crowd will be better then the Honda center crowd. See you all there!!!!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I logged on to purchase tickets at 10, my wait time kept saying 3,4,5 minutes.. i kept getting 2nd level I tried for 30 minutes and by some miracle I got 2 tickets in GA 3, row 4!!!!! I'm still not sure how it happened but I am thanking my lucky stars!

I am still a little confused about the GA seats, from the replies it looks like there is 5 GA sections, are they are like first come, first serve? or will I actually be in GA, section 3? Either way, they are good seats and I am soo soo happy!

Home Depot center seats 27,000, and that doesn't include the field level seats. I found interactive photos of the venue at http://www.homedepotcenter.com/venues_soccerseating_int.php. While it doesn't help much with the field level/floor seats, you can get an idea of how big this place is. You can type in the location for the side seats (100, 200 levels, etc).

How are they going to do the balls without rafters? Definitely will be a different experience from the Forum and Honda Center.

Home Depot center seats 27,000, and that doesn't include the field level seats. I found interactive photos of the venue at http://www.homedepotcenter.com/venues_soccerseating_int.php. While it doesn't help much with the field level/floor seats, you can get an idea of how big this place is. You can type in the location for the side seats (100, 200 levels, etc).

How are they going to do the balls without rafters? Definitely will be a different experience from the Forum and Honda Center.

Ya i was wondering how they were going to do that as well:thinking:

And ya I hope they definitely play stuff from PM at the shows that would be way sick!

The plot thickens (or sickens). Here's the email reply I got regarding my GA tickets:

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number *************. Currently, we do not have a seating chart for the Home Depot Center, specifically for Coldplay. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

You may find seating charts in the community pages of the local yellow pages for the area where the event is taking place. Seating charts of local venues are also available at Ticketmaster Retail Locations and can be viewed in person. To find a list of Ticketmaster Retail Locations in your area, please visit:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/stateselecttcenters.html

Please note, all information regarding current and future events is posted immediately when received by Ticketmaster. If information regarding a future event is not on our website, then we have not received official information to provide to our customers. We encourage you to visit our website often to keep current on all event information.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We very much appreciate your business, and hope we were able to resolve any problems or answer any questions you had. Please reply to this email if we may be of further assistance.

...ok then. So as of now (as far as we know), we're thinking anyone with a GA ticket will get seats SOMEWHERE in A1-E1, but that the exact seat within those sections is determined on a first come, first serve basis, right?

I am just settling for 2 General Floor Admission tickets from some girl I just met for $300, so only $50 more without the hassle of trying to find GA tickets again while guaranteeing me GA tickets!

I will be attending the San Diego show on the 16th, so as soon as that's over, the next day...the 17th I will be camping for this show!

What about all you other General Admission ticket holders out there? We should all have a meet up or something!

The plot thickens (or sickens). Here's the email reply I got regarding my GA tickets:

...ok then. So as of now (as far as we know), we're thinking anyone with a GA ticket will get seats SOMEWHERE in A1-E1, but that the exact seat within those sections is determined on a first come, first serve basis, right?

YEP. Ticketmaster didn't know the seating chart for this show so they directed me to the box office number which is 3106302020 to which the people here informed me earlier (as stated in my earlier post) General Admission is in A1-E1.

The only reason for assigned seats/rows is for Inventory reasons so they don't sell more than the capacity can hold on the floor section.

And yes, it works the same as other General Admissions. It is first come first serve basis and as stated, they do not know when they will start letting people camp yet. Some venues they said will let you camp out days before and some will only let you start the day of (12am).

When I camped out for a Justin Timberlake show, I went at 7am in the morning and still got front row. And other shows I went to and camped out....but this is Coldplay and this venue does hold 27000 people so who knows! I guess only time will tell as time comes closer!

Goodluck everyone!

Went into work after getting the tickets and already reserved my day off :D I'm planning on getting there around 8 AM, and my girlfriend already volunteered to do the food runs since she isn't TOO excited about sitting there for 10+ hours haha.

EDIT: Ah you talked to the box office. I thought the info you got earlier was from Ticketmaster, which is why I was wondering how some people there knew what was going on and some did not.

From GA confusion to not even having a seating chart, it seems that once again, Ticketmaster drops the ball.

I know it's still a whopping five months in the planning, but even though I'm not camping out (my tickets aren't GA), I still think meeting up would be cool. Granted, the girls I'm taking would have no idea what's going on, but I've known 'em for years and they know not to judge. :D

Like I said, we've got five months to plan meetings, stalking locations, sign coordination, and potential mob rule. Let's not waste a day. :laugh3:

NOW they post a map of the actual layout! If only I knew that when i brought up those GA tickets. Thanks a lot TM!! Now I wish they would just release some tickets for out there in the grass berm. Sell them for $20 to all of us poor souls that missed out on the GA tickets. I didn't mind being out there (grass) for Green Day a few years ago.