✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept looking on the big screens to see if I could see you when they went to the lawn. Everyone was like this: :o and this :D

:lol: Yeah, it was funny. When I told the people around me (who got there early) that the band would be RIGHT THERE, no one believed me at first. I was honestly afraid the girl standing directly behind me was going to faint. When they started the walk up from the stage, she was like, "OMG OMG, CHRIS MARTIN IS COMING HERE!!! OMG!!!" You can hear her screaming throughout my video. :lol:

I went walking around looking for you, Angie, but I couldn't remember where you had said you were sitting. I was wearing a black tank top I decorated with a neon green LRLRL butterfly.

The roadie leading the clapping during Blue Danube is Marta. I got on her in Dallas about why she wasn't out there leading the clapping any more. Woot for Marta!

she was the one with the red hair right? I had a nice conversation with her(she was standing right infront of me during the clapping). She was very lovely. She says the clapping and swaying of the arms during the Blue Danube really pumps up the boys:D:D:D

she was the one with the red hair right? I had a nice conversation with her(she was standing right infront of me during the clapping). She was very lovely. She says the clapping and swaying of the arms during the Blue Danube really pumps up the boys:D:D:D

Like bright red hair?!

I think she may be the one who upgraded me at my show... I asked if anyone knew who she was in the roadies thread- but no one knew!

Marta! I will eternally be grateful for you! :)

Jen- GREAT review! Now I wish I would have come down with you! haha

Great photos everyone!

Sounds like it was a blasssst!

Yeah I remember her!

That was the best night ever and I'll say it again! It was even better cuz by best friend got to come too, and everyone knows COLDPLAY is about great friends and great music :)

Yeah, it was funny. When I told the people around me (who got there early) that the band would be RIGHT THERE, no one believed me at first. I was honestly afraid the girl standing directly behind me was going to faint. When they started the walk up from the stage, she was like, "OMG OMG, CHRIS MARTIN IS COMING HERE!!! OMG!!!" You can hear her screaming throughout my video.

LOL yeah when they came right to where I was and started playing ten feet infront of me I started doing the same thing. All i could say was OMG OMG OMG OMGx100, I was so shocked I was shaking and thought I might pass out at the sight of Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will right there in the fleah. I will remember that to the day I die.

OK peeps. Here's my video of the c-stage. It's a bit washed out from the gigantic light that was shining in my face, and the quality is just so-so, but :wacky: what a moment!!!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

You need to get some ass zoom working on that camera woman! :wink3:

ugh. believe me, I tried. My camera is so old and crappy that once it's in video mode you can't zoom in w/out stopping it, zooming and re-starting. :(

OK peeps. Here's my video of the c-stage. It's a bit washed out from the gigantic light that was shining in my face, and the quality is just so-so, but :wacky: what a moment!!!

*favorites all of jen's videos*

in the second one there when someone (was it you?) called Guy's name did he give a little nod? :wacky:

and that jonny bit....:dead:

*favorites all of jen's videos*

in the second one there when someone (was it you?) called Guy's name did he give a little nod? :wacky:

and that jonny bit....:dead:

Yeah, Lauren... that was me! :D And yes, he did nod!!! I can't remember if it was that same time or before, but he also turned in our direction and had this HUGE gorgeous smile! :wacky:

A few more vids:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU19R6_wD8k]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Violet Hill[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz22AcvMSIA]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris getting Will to judge 'Yellow'[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjAkekwZ9M]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Viva La Vida Intro[/ame]

Awwww Jen !!! These vids are fabulous, you were SO close ! :bomb:

Didn't you try to touch them as they walked in front of you ? :wacko:

Yeah, Lauren... that was me! :D And yes, he did nod!!! I can't remember if it was that same time or before, but he also turned in our direction and had this HUGE gorgeous smile! :wacky:

gahhh im so jealous :bomb:

a big beautiful smile :wacky:

Didn't you try to touch them as they walked in front of you ? :wacko:

:lol: that's what i would have done

in fact that's what i DID do in San Antonio :shy:

Houston review is up on my blog

http://angie-footieandconcerts.blogspot.com/

I read your blog. You are "ate up with it" just like my group! The costume was a fantastic idea,wish I had thought of that. But then had I wore it, people would KNOW I was crazy- a 56 yo man in a costume as such ...whehhhh:D

We had 2 rooms at the Marriott, had we known you were in the parking lot sweltering in the heat, you could have chilled with us. My daughters and grand daughter would have liked that. Maybe next time?

:)

We made the last Houton show in November 08, made the New Orleans show last month and the Woodlands last Wednesday. They were all great shows, but forced to choose one- I'd take Houston this week. Only downside was the heat. You blog is great, sorry to ramble on. ;)