✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOgLxvikVTk]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris' Ditty + Death Will Never Conquer (Will)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2S_rpz_bI]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Viva La Vida[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWaoPTktdro]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Lovers In Japan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EHpbkVqVY]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - End of Show Bowing[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atg3FWmYINs]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris talkining about LRLRL[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwZrXfvEEM0]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Final Exit[/ame]

does anyone know what happened during 42?

i sort of have it on video, but it's kinda hard to tell. it looked like maybe jonny stepped on chris' cord? :thinking:

I wasn't there, but looking at the vid, it looks like Chris's cord came undone, and tried it then decided to just go to the piano alittle ahead of schedule:) Couldn't see where J maybe stepped on it.

@ Angie, well so much for you being worried your pics wouldn't come out :rolleyes: :P

I think they are better than mine! I need a new camera though, it's too grainy with video and such and the zoom is crap - plus the microphone issue ;)

I wasn't there, but looking at the vid, it looks like Chris's cord came undone, and tried it then decided to just go to the piano alittle ahead of schedule:) Couldn't see where J maybe stepped on it.

i think mine might kind of show it. but then again im not certain. it just *sort of* looked like that.

I need a new camera though, it's too grainy with video and such and the zoom is crap

that's the problems with mine too :\

Home at last!

Why must Texas be so frickin big! :angry:

Woot got hi 5 from Jonny, I wore my Southampton shirt and got a "nice shirt" from Will on their way to the B Stage, then a hi 5 from Will on his way back to main stage. :D

And lots of love from Jackie! Hugs and she remembered where I live. :stunned: After, the cute little security guard that gave me the set list said I thought you said that lady didn't like you. You look like old friends. :lol:

She was acting so BFF with me.

Jackie: Hey, how you doing? :hug: You been going to lots of shows. This is where you live right?

Me--> :stunned: uh, yeah.

Me: Hey did you hear about Nettie?

Jackie:That's the black girl right? No what happened?

Me: she got killed in a car accident

Jackie: WHAT! Fuck! *said into the headset mic that goes out to all the security people, then she does a oops and covers the mic* OMG that is horrible!

Me: I know, it's so sad. On her way to a concert.

Jackie: Well have fun tonight *leaves*

Me: :uhoh2: Did that just happen?

ANGIE :bomb: I seriously think you get more and more lucky at every show you go to! :bomb: I cant believe that stuff about Jackie either :stunned:

OMG my Houston Hi 5 video is awesome! :D

:blush: OMG!! SO completely AWESOME!! Each of their reactions kept getting better and better :lol: Will is adorable at the "nice shirt" :wacky:

Venue

Houston7-22-09001.jpg

Phil!!!

Houston7-22-09005.jpg

show me your "good side" big boy :wink3:

Houston7-22-09006.jpg

someone yelled "Phil Harvey" and he ran away. :laugh3:

OK so they had this tall security dude that was right in my line of site, so I found him a chair and asked him to please sit down. :lol:

Houston7-22-09008.jpg

then evil security boss came and made him stand back up :veryangry2:

Jonny during Cemeteries of London. It's ghost J :stunned:

Houston7-22-09025.jpg

OK settle down Berrygirls, I got your damn Guy pics

Houston7-22-09087.jpg

Houston7-22-09096.jpg

Houston7-22-09098.jpg

MORE PHIL ?! :dizzy2:

What a mother load of Phil the last couple of days:wink3:

Get your pants adjusted Guy, the show is starting! Maybe if you had some ass to hold them up. :rolleyes:

:angry: Get yo ass back boy :whip:

Dancy Jonny :dance:

Jonny and Chrissy end of show love :love:

:charming:

i saw you and Angie. infact, the first person i saw once i sat down was Angie. i was about 20 rows behind you guys. nice pics and videos by the way!

thanks Angie :D

what does she look like? i think sometime before the show started she was sitting in a seat in the row in front of me :thinking:

awesome!

nice brenda!

ok the nothing really special happened to me, but it was a great show!

if only i had been at the end of the row i could have gotten a video similar to Angie's hi 5 video. :\

also, my we waited around for about an hour where the band would have come out because we were pretty sure they were still there (there was a line of people with backstage passes waiting to meet the band after the show) but some police peeps on horses who had sat there with the about 10 or so of us that whole time out of the blue told us to leave. after an hour.

could have told us sooner :shifty:

my phil pics

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

i dont know if i have any good pics or videos. will post them later if they're ok or good enough

AWESOME LAUREN :dance:

OMG and more Phil luck you got too!!! :dead: I swear your in tight with Phil at your shows :lol:

And that boi got some booty :charming: :wacky:

YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris' Ditty + Death Will Never Conquer (Will)[/url]

Great vids :thumbsup:

Here are the last two vids!

I apologise about the sound in the second video. I don't know why it didn't pick up the sound very well, since the others were ok. I think it was Will's electronic drums, ha!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0S_0axrcEU]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: The Hardest Part (Chris)[/ame]

Look for Angie around the 18 second mark, you can see her hair, lol :D

Oh, and you can see the lightning from the storm in the distance to the left around the 35 second mark and again around 1:15... I'm just glad it missed us!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTrbG2l5sw]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: Exit to B-Stage and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face[/ame]

Hey guys! Just spent the past hour or so reading all the posts of the concert...it was AMAZING. I was front and center with Brenda--Chris just inches away!! But he didn't ever look down directly at us, which was sort of annoying. Though we're both convinced Guy was looking at us :smug:

Thanks for the pics everyone! And the videos--that high five!! I'm jealous! It may sound crazy, but I hate taking pictures/videos during concerts...I get so distracted. I'm no good with a camera anyway, so I just don't bother and leave it up to other people. And you guys obviously did a good job :)

We stayed after too to try and get some autographs, something, anything! but the jackass security guards shooed us off. They were mean about it, too. Ugh. But whatever--someday, somehow, I shall meet the boys! This was only my third concert, but by far the most amazing. There is just no beating the front of the pit. I mean, last two, I was basically in the nosebleeds, far as could possibly be. After this experience, no more!

I tried yelling at the boys individually--they either didn't hear most of the time or just ignored me :( BUT when Chris was playing Postcards, and the rest were getting ready for VLV, I screamed, "HEY WILL!!" and I think he actually heard, as he like lifted his arms in greeting or something :D So that was awesome.

Anyway, great show, will miss the boys--until the next show!

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Phil was taking pictures RIGHT in front of me, and I had the greatest urge to just pet him. He's so adorable!! Gahh. But I resisted. ;)

Also! I was with my little cousin (well, she's twelve) and after the show, a roadie was reaching down with a guitar pick. I immediately reach out, but he's like, "For the little girl" ! Just because I'm not little doesn't mean I don't want a souvenir! Just like at baseball games...ugh.... but whatever. I worked out a deal with her. I have half-custody :laugh3:

AWESOME LAUREN :dance:

OMG and more Phil luck you got too!!! :dead: I swear your in tight with Phil at your shows :lol:

And that boi got some booty :charming: :wacky:

haha yah liz! me and phil are tight :rolleyes:

ok here's my 42 vid. it shows Guy, Chris, and ESPECIALLY Jonny rocking out, the part where the roadie runs by to fix Chris' cord (at about 01:08 is where it looks like possible Jonny stepped on the cord or Chris accidentally yanked it out), and the part where Chris and the crowd hold out the OH at the end

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vhx4RPdRE]YouTube - 42 - Coldplay - Chris, Jonny and Guy rocking out - Houston - 7/22/09[/ame]

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Phil was taking pictures RIGHT in front of me, and I had the greatest urge to just pet him. He's so adorable!! Gahh. But I resisted. ;)

Also! I was with my little cousin (well, she's twelve) and after the show, a roadie was reaching down with a guitar pick. I immediately reach out, but he's like, "For the little girl" ! Just because I'm not little doesn't mean I don't want a souvenir! Just like at baseball games...ugh.... but whatever. I worked out a deal with her. I have half-custody :laugh3:

Oh yes. Lol! I was making a big deal about Phil, but i touched his sweaty arm. Hahaha!

That guitar pick incident was: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

You were determined to get it, but they roadie was like "NO! for the little girl"

haha yah liz! me and phil are tight :rolleyes:

ok here's my 42 vid. it shows Guy, Chris, and ESPECIALLY Jonny rocking out, the part where the roadie runs by to fix Chris' cord (at about 01:08 is where it looks like possible Jonny stepped on the cord or Chris accidentally yanked it out), and the part where Chris and the crowd hold out the OH at the end

Yes!!! I see it on your vid, I watched this same vid from a different angle and didn't notice it, looks like J turns and walks away and kind of tangles in it, then Chris just got annoyed after the guy ran out to plug him back in and just flipped the guitar off and went to the piano early than he usually does.:D

same show as toyota center a few months back? I really wish theyd change it up a bit... but glad everyone had fun again!

-Chinese Sleep Chant

-Speed of sound

+glass of water

+ Life in technicolor ii

+ billie jean

a longer set so to speak.

This show was so amazing I enjoyed it even more then the one at the Toyota Center, probably because COLDLAY come down right to were I was and did tree songs about ten feet away from me. Best night ever!!!

YAY, congrats :)

This show was so amazing I enjoyed it even more then the one at the Toyota Center, probably because COLDLAY come down right to were I was and did tree songs about ten feet away from me. Best night ever!!!

I had 4 tixs for the 109 section, literally 10 ft from the mid-audience stage. We had only 2 of our group sitting there (the others were in 103BB with me) and we chose to leave the other 2 seats vacant in 109 b/c we could not sell them.

I actually sent my 11 yo grand daughter into section 109 before the concert to see if they were better seats, she declined & came back to sit with me in 103BB.

Well, when Coldplay went to the mid section to play, she was crying b/c she would have been 10 ft from them. :(

I was able to bring her right up and below them about 15 ft away. SHE MELTED away as they sang.:D:):D My daughter (her mother) was in section 109 and melted also as they watched them play so close......

During the concert I was able to catch a yellow baloon and let he knock it back up. Of course, she caught a few butterflies also.

This was her 3rd Coldplay concert, and by far, her best.It just dont get any better than this folks. Long after I'm gone she'll remember this night, as will I to the end.

Oh yea, the others in our group gave it 5 stars too.

The only negative to the night was the heat in the Pavilion, it was still hot at the end. :(

I personally rocked so HARD that i dislodged a tooth crown and have been in pain till this am when I went to my dentist for relief. And I'd do it agin in a heartbeat.

Praising Coldplay on this site is preaching to the choir, but, heck, they ARE the best. Lookin forward to our next concert.My grand daughter will be with me then too. :D Cheers !

Yay! I've had so much fun reading everyone's reviews and seeing all the pics and videos!!

So glad everyone had a great time!

MrMan, awesome pics and videos... in fact, I'm JUST outside the frame of your video of Death will never conquer!

Angie- Awesome high 5's and Jackie love!

Brenda- Gorgeous pics (great stuff for the Chris thread!! :D)

We were on the lawn this night, since we had been in PIT the night before. I must say, this was THE BEST lawn experience I've ever had. We were directly on the barricade for the c-stage, which meant I had a completely unobstructed view of the stage (though they were still tiny!). My only complaint was that when we first got there (right when lawn gates opened), they had a canopy set up over the c-stage, and we didn't know if they were going to take it down, so we took seats just to the left of the actual stage. This resulted in us getting to see mainly the guys' backs at the c-stage, but it was still awesome. More on that in a sec...

My husband and I were seated on the lawn by 5:40, so we settled in for a long wait. The security guy in front of us and I became great friends, chatting about the shows he's seen (he played with Gwen Stefani's kids when No Doubt was there last week!). We enjoyed the great opening acts. Kitty, Daisy and Lewis were AWESOME. Loved them. In fact, I need to go download their CD. Amadou and Mariam were also fun. About 20 minutes into our wait, a large cloud bank rolled in front of the sun, making things much more bearable. But that's also when I started to worry about rain.

Anyway, Magnificent came on, then Jay-Z and the Blue Danube and everyone around me was very excited. I love that they have a roadie leading claps for the Blue Danube now. They didn't do that when I saw them in SA. Finally, the lights went out, LIT began, and the sparklers came out! :dance: Though I was a mile away, the energy and excitement were electric. As in Dallas the night before, the band sounded awesome. Chris' voice is just gorgeous live and the guys seemed to be in high spirits. Around the beginning of the show, we began to feel random drops of rain and see BIG flashes of lightning. The lightning intensified throughout the show, which was a little scary (but also kind of cool), as we were literally standing on a metal barricade, but luckily, the storm seemed to move away from us and we never got more than a few random drops. The storm did keep a nice breeze blowing, so though the lawn was PACKED (sec. guy said it was completely sold out), it was actually quite pleasant out there (for a Houston night, anyway!).

The show progressed as normal (which is to say, it was fantastic) and I was excited to finally be able to really see the b-stage performance, as I had been in the PIT for Dallas and first row for SA and hadn't gotten to see it then. Loved GPASUYF and Talk, and HOPED that Chris would do Trouble again, but it was back to the Hardest Part. I knew we were getting close to c-stage time and started getting really excited. BTW, I was REALLY impressed by the crowd on the lawn. EVERYONE around me was standing the whole time and tons of people were singing their lungs out. From the very first words of Violet Hill I could hear people singing along. That was awesome.

So when it was c-stage time, the band walked up the steps to the stage right in front of me. They got set up and for Green Eyes they were all kind of moving around and turning looking in different directions, so I got to see all of them really well. After that, they settled into a formation of all looking out in the same general direction (away from me :( ) but I still loved it. I took video of basically the whole c-stage set, so I'll get that uploaded and posted here soon. We got some great shots here, too. I got a huge smile from Guy (well, not just me, but ya know :P) and Jonny was really cute dancing around with his tamborine. I was struck by how INCREDIBLY BLUE Chris' eyes were (sorry for the fangirly moment) and Will was AWESOME. He was back toward my end of the stage, so I really got to watch him. So cool. So when the set was over and the guys went running off (Chris is ridiculously fast- he flew down the steps and was gone before the others even made it to the steps), my friend, security guy, hands two girls guitar picks that had been left on the stage, and one of the girls (she was probably around 16 and IN LOVE with Chris- very cute) got a bottle of water that one of the guys had been drinking from. Then he came over to me and handed me a bottle of water from the stage (still sealed, though) AND a towel that had been used to wipe Chris' sweaty brow :wacky: My husband was laughing at me like I was crazy, but I loved it!!

Anyway, after that awesome moment, we were all pumped for the last few songs and the encore. Everyone was dancing around and singing. SO MUCH FUN. I was a little sad to see the concert end and have my summer of Coldplay come to a close, but everything was so fantastic. We have some awesome memories, and I've got some great souvenirs, too!! :D

Highlights of the show for me: Strawberry Swing, LIJ (always such a great moment) and C-STAGE!!!!!!

Video to come soon!!!

The roadie leading the clapping during Blue Danube is Marta. I got on her in Dallas about why she wasn't out there leading the clapping any more. Woot for Marta!

Go Angie! And yes, Woot for Marta!!! That really helps build excitement!

excellent review! :D

Thanks, Ian!! :D