✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

Aww, you should have come over and said hello!! :D

ah you know i totally would have! :wink: but i was stuck with my mom and my friend was with me. and im pretty sure my mom wouldnt be comfortable with me going over to random people to say hi to them, and then would be even MORE uncomfortable if i told her i knew them from the internet :stunned: although my friend wouldnt have cared.

but by coldplay's next tour i'll be in college and surely be able to go to them without anyone, or with someone who wouldnt care.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6240_113348926134_669376134_2715175_4939165_n.jpg

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER SEEING THAT GUY? ^

6240_113349081134_669376134_2715199_1657628_n.jpg

Such an exciting time. my first coldplay concert and my first ever concert :D

6240_113349116134_669376134_2715206_4884252_n.jpgrocking out to my Mom. like i said earlier, i ditched the C-stage to sing Viva La Vida and Lost! with my Mom :D

6240_113349136134_669376134_2715209_2266050_n.jpg

this is the closest i got to the main stage

i do believe that the girl in yellow thats in the pit is a member here at coldplaying.com.

idk if she is or not but i saw her walking out to the concession stands and i asked my mom and dad if i could go talk to her but they said no cause i could freak her out -_-

6240_113348921134_669376134_2715174_163429_n.jpg

6240_113348946134_669376134_2715178_2321567_n.jpg

2+ hours til the show starts and i know where the C-stage is at. pretty obvious. :)

I read your blog. You are "ate up with it" just like my group! The costume was a fantastic idea,wish I had thought of that. But then had I wore it, people would KNOW I was crazy- a 56 yo man in a costume as such ...whehhhh:D

We had 2 rooms at the Marriott, had we known you were in the parking lot sweltering in the heat, you could have chilled with us. My daughters and grand daughter would have liked that. Maybe next time?

:)

We made the last Houton show in November 08, made the New Orleans show last month and the Woodlands last Wednesday. They were all great shows, but forced to choose one- I'd take Houston this week. Only downside was the heat. You blog is great, sorry to ramble on. ;)

Pfffff I'm sure no one would have noticed that cape. :P

@ Angie, great review for both shows and thanks for the mention, ha. That was so funny about Amadou and Mariam! :lol:

I missed Amadouuuuuuuuuuuuu in Alpine. They needed to have Amadou and Elbow and dropped DK&L!

There are already butterflies in the grass. :lol:

If anyone has a video of the group on B stage, please post it?!?!?!

Trying to find one ,my grand daughter may possibly be in it and I would like to preserve it for the future. Thanks if you can help. :D

(we were positioned one level down -in the walkway- from the stage. )

If anyone has a video of the group on B stage, please post it?!?!?!

Trying to find one ,my grand daughter may possibly be in it and I would like to preserve it for the future. Thanks if you can help. :D

(we were positioned one level down -in the walkway- from the stage. )

I have a good chunk of it recorded, but I was near the main stage so it's far away and the sound is kind of crap... I doubt you'll be able to see anyone, but here they are just in case you want a look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTrbG2l5sw]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: Exit to B-Stage and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0S_0axrcEU]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: The Hardest Part (Chris)[/ame]

6240_113348926134_669376134_2715175_4939165_n.jpg

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER SEEING THAT GUY? ^

6240_113349081134_669376134_2715199_1657628_n.jpg

Such an exciting time. my first coldplay concert and my first ever concert :D

6240_113349116134_669376134_2715206_4884252_n.jpgrocking out to my Mom. like i said earlier, i ditched the C-stage to sing Viva La Vida and Lost! with my Mom :D

6240_113349136134_669376134_2715209_2266050_n.jpg

this is the closest i got to the main stage

i do believe that the girl in yellow thats in the pit is a member here at coldplaying.com.

idk if she is or not but i saw her walking out to the concession stands and i asked my mom and dad if i could go talk to her but they said no cause i could freak her out -_-

6240_113348921134_669376134_2715174_163429_n.jpg

2+ hours til the show starts and i know where the C-stage is at. pretty obvious. :)

Hey!! That's me! In the crazy yellow shirt! I'm Luisa *shakes hands* You could've come talked to me, I wouldn't have been freaked out :) Actually I met up with Brenda, a fellow Coldplaying member (yellow745 I think it is?..) at the gates before the show. She's the one next to the girl in the blue shirt next to me.

I wanted to find fellow Coldplayers as well, but I didn't see anyone else with crazy t-shirt/costumes :( Maybe they were dressed normally? Ah, well.

Btw LOVE your shirt! :)

Here's some video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lReogvXLfis]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva la Vida Woodlands Houston 7/22/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEGDfpKxcoo]YouTube - Coldplay - Lovers In Japan Woodlands Houston 7/22/09[/ame]

I have a good chunk of it recorded, but I was near the main stage so it's far away and the sound is kind of crap... I doubt you'll be able to see anyone, but here they are just in case you want a look:

Thanx for the effort, but its not happenin. Too far away. Great video's b/t/way. :)

I was FINALLY able to upload the pics I took at this concert!!

Here are a few of the better ones...

3772595187_efe43b8a39.jpg

3773407424_89c7169942.jpg

3772603943_0c26fde666.jpg

3773417570_9c57ec8f9c.jpg

3772615945_0ef18f544a.jpg

You can see the rest of my set here: Coldplay- Houston 07.22.09

These are all of the c-stage... I'll be uploading some others later... :)

Guest LiquidSky

Jonny was dancing! I was so happy to see that!!!! My videos came didn't come as near as that!! and Chris was laughing as people were going "ouh! ouh!" on the Billy Jean part haha! I had to control myself not to jump on stage!!!! haha:lol::embarassed:

Coldplay’s Viva La Vida Tour Justifies Grammy Domination

This is Coldplay’s year. Long time fans of the British band’s melodic pop tunes have been able to celebrate the success of Viva La Vida, and the previous three beloved albums, on this year’s tour that seems almost endless. The thing about Coldplay that keeps reeling listeners in, is the consistency of innovation in their artistic rock that relentlessly reflects any and all streams of emotion.

In 1999, the popish breakout single, “Yellow” from their debut album Parachutes, put Coldplay on the map. Later, we were introduced to “Clocks,” “The Scientist” and “In My Place” from their second album, A Rush of Blood to the Head. A deep soulful album, X & Y, followed up in 2005, giving us the hits “Fix You” and “Speed of Sound.” Then, most recently, Viva La Vida or Death With All His Friends, provided a breath of fresh air to Coldplay fans with a feel good album full of uplifting and inspirational tracks like “Violet Hill,” “Lost,” “Lovers in Japan” and “Strawberry Swing.” It must be said that if you have not given “Strawberry Swing” a listen at this point, you must lend your ears for a quick minute of your day and enjoy.

Coldplay brings more than sound to a show. They bring real entertainment and a beautiful performance. For a second, one might think a Coldplay concert would be boring, with all the emotional “slow” songs. However, the thousands of fans at the sold out show on July 22, at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Houston would say that it’s just not so. From the large yellow balloons floating in the air and crowd surfing during “Yellow,” to the bursts of confetti throughout “Viva La Vida,” to the crisp and riveting up close video of Chris Martin rocking on the piano, there was no denying that this show was all about having fun.

Twice during the two hours of play time, the entire band – Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion – traveled into the crowd to perform in the middle of their adoring fans. This kind of intimate surprise is rare during shows at larger venues housing thousands of passionate fans. Coldplay reached out and kept it fresh. Another treat for fans included a special cover of the late Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean.” Thousands sang along in tribute.

Martin’s vocals were almost flawless and quite similar to studio perfection. He danced and spun around free – arms flowing in the air – as he normally does during songs like “Lost” and “Strawberry Swing.” There is one message this band exudes through their perfection and brilliant execution in performance, and the message is clear – this band was meant to tour.

As the show ended and fans flooded to the exit, each person was given a free CD with live tracks from previous shows. The CD included live versions of “Strawberry Swing,” “Clocks,” “Glass of Water” and more.

Sadly, Martin mentions at the end of the show that it may be a few years until we see them again. If a few years is what it will take for another Grammy dominating album and top notch entertaining world tour … well, we’ll just have to accept the wait.

-Melissa Kabilio

http://envymags.com/2009/07/coldplays-viva-la-vida-tour-justifies-grammy-domination/

• 3 weeks later...

This is very, very late, but I recently posted an edited video called Coldplay in 10 on my blog and it's a summary of this show and the Dallas one. It's on my blog at http://austingirlmusicguide.wordpress.com/.

Also, I finally finished uploading ALL of the concert videos to You Tube (Dallas and Houston). Check out, http://www.youtube.com/user/AustinGirlMusicGuide to see full length videos and my personal You Tube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/virginiarh22, to see all the snippets and short clips.

• 1 month later...

Dang I guess i missed this bandwagon! But I was there as well, I was up on the lawn next to the stairs by the C-stage! It was crazy, when the band was running up there to play! I was sooo close to them that if there weren't people there to stop us i could have touched them(swoon)! It was the best concert that I have ever been to! The night was incredible with all the thunder and lightning surrounding us, but never any rain! It was such an incredible atmosphere, and I don't think anybody came away from that concert sad or thought it was mediocre! I loved their tribute to "Houston boys and girls" This was one incredible concert that I will never get over! Next time i am forking up the money for the best seats in the house!!!!!!!!!!!