✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG my Houston Hi 5 video is awesome! :D

Venue

show me your "good side" big boy :wink3:

Houston7-22-09006.jpg

someone yelled "Phil Harvey" and he ran away. :laugh3:

Jonny during Cemeteries of London. It's ghost J :stunned:

Houston7-22-09025.jpg

Ok, here are some vids! Currently uploading 'In My Place' which is GREAT, and then I REALLY AM going to bed... I have work tomorrow, ick!

Chris holding the '42' note:

Mobile Phone Wave:

Okay I started multi-quoting everything and realized I'd be here all day!:lol:

mrman78 - nice pics and videos:D

TheAngie - Awesome high 5 video:o Love it! And the Phil pics and the CJ love at the end:D

:dance: More! More!

Angie the Vids were great, love that you got the high fives!!! Don't know what to say about Jackie:laugh3: LIJ vid, Guy and Jonny were sharing the Love, until Chris came to break it up:laugh3: I like the part where you say "Chris hugged the wall like ya'll had cooties":laugh3::laugh3:. Looking forward to meeting you and Lori in sec. 8 in Tampa.

mrman, thanks for the pics, vids, and reviews, very nice!!

The concert was AMAZING!! Chris was so full of energy as usual :D I loved Jonny's guitar-dancing as well. Guy was so cute(we made dead eyecontact) And Will was such a bad ass, he is so awesome. I even got a chance to see(and touch) Phil. He was infront of the pit barrier taking pictures. When he was passing by during DAAHF I yelled "PHIL!" he just turned around and smiled. I took a couple of pictures of Mr. Harvey :D:D:D

I was in the front and center of the pit, not letting got of that bar, so I was literally inches away from Chris when he did that little bowing during "Fix You" (then he just jumps up):laugh3: Since I was so close I went crazy with my camera and took ALOT of pictures. This was the best way to end my last Coldplay concert(til their next LP that is:P) And to top the night off I got a setlist :D:D:D:D:D

i sat on row 107 and i was screaming and jumping and dancing throughout the whole way cause this was my first coldplay concert and my first concert ever.

i was one of few people who dressed up pretty weird for the concert. i got myself the jonny buckland cap and throughout the concert i was screaming "Go JONNY BOI!!!!!!!" behind me was whwerre they were gonna be for the C stage. so i moved to the lawn while they were in the B stage. but when they finished the B stage they went back to the main stage and viva la vida started.

and i had a choice. stay in the lawn until they move there so i can be close to them or go back to my original spot to sing viva la vida with my mom and dad. i decided to go back with my parents and sing with them viva la vida because i wanted to experience that song with my mom cause we have had great times singing it in the car full blast.

and when they moved to C stage it was awesome. they played billie jean and they were so close(10 feet+) i kept on yelling "i love you chris, jonny, will, guy"

i loved the way jonny was dancing and whenever it was time for his solo i kept on screaming his name. the guys in front of me just kept looking at me. i have to admit that in my section i didnt see anyone jumping like i was. i was just so happy. whenever another song started i literally went crazy no lie. i was jumped as high as i could and screamed at the top of my lungs. the videos i took suck cause of all my jumping lol. it was a great night. super awesome.

ill post some pics up and some of you might recognize me!!!! or maybe not

She was acting so BFF with me.

Jackie: Hey, how you doing? :hug: You been going to lots of shows. This is where you live right?

Me--> :stunned: uh, yeah.

Me: Hey did you hear about Nettie?

Jackie:That's the black girl right? No what happened?

Me: she got killed in a car accident

Jackie: WHAT! Fuck! *said into the headset mic that goes out to all the security people, then she does a oops and covers the mic* OMG that is horrible!

Me: I know, it's so sad. On her way to a concert.

Jackie: Well have fun tonight *leaves*

Me: :uhoh2: Did that just happen?

Wow :stunned:

Bonding with Jackie???

Who knew it was possible?? :stunned:

Awwww Jonny's and Will's smiles are the cutest things!! :blush:

Houston7-22-09006.jpg

Heeello Mr Sweet cheeks :sneaky:

OK settle down Berrygirls, I got your damn Guy pics

Houston7-22-09098.jpg

Thank you :drunk: :wacky:

Dancy Jonny :dance:

Ahhhhhhh :wacky:

Guy's dancing is like his singing, it's taken so many years for it to get there :P I love it, at least now he moves and tries to shake his nonexistant ass :blush: :wacky:

Angie, you are my hero. Jonny touches, Will smiles, Jackie hugs...you go girl! You must not have kids yet, because if I didn't have my responsibilities to my husband and kids, I would so be hanging out with you at all the shows you go to! I'll have to make due with the 2 shows I was at in LA/OC last weekend and the all too short meet and greet, and the memory of Will's sweet voice "I hope you enjoy the show tonight." ahhh I am totally loving all the videos everyone is posting - I was so focused on Jonny dancing in front of me and Will on his drums that I lost sight of the whole show, if that makes sense. lol

Great show last night!! Took forever to get home though (330 am) I was in 103 row q right in the middle of the row. I went to the 1st houston show and the san antonio show and I gotta admit, I think the crowd was more into it at the sa show.. or maybe it was just the people around me.. not sure. Despite that, The guys did great tonight and seemed really in a good mood talking to the audience throughout the show. It was my first trip to the venue and have to say it's an awesome place to see a concert, the atmosphere is great! I took some pics and video and I'll add them in the near future.

Again, great show by the guys as they really fed off the crowd although I do wish the people around me were a bit more into the show. Many people were sitting down during songs, It seemed like I was the only one standing during DAAHF until the the drums kicked in. Anyway, great show and performance by the band!!!!

i sat on row 107 and i was screaming and jumping and dancing throughout the whole way cause this was my first coldplay concert and my first concert ever.

i was one of few people who dressed up pretty weird for the concert. i got myself the jonny buckland cap and throughout the concert i was screaming "Go JONNY BOI!!!!!!!" behind me was whwerre they were gonna be for the C stage. so i moved to the lawn while they were in the B stage. but when they finished the B stage they went back to the main stage and viva la vida started.

and i had a choice. stay in the lawn until they move there so i can be close to them or go back to my original spot to sing viva la vida with my mom and dad. i decided to go back with my parents and sing with them viva la vida because i wanted to experience that song with my mom cause we have had great times singing it in the car full blast.

and when they moved to C stage it was awesome. they played billie jean and they were so close(10 feet+) i kept on yelling "i love you chris, jonny, will, guy"

i loved the way jonny was dancing and whenever it was time for his solo i kept on screaming his name. the guys in front of me just kept looking at me. i have to admit that in my section i didnt see anyone jumping like i was. i was just so happy. whenever another song started i literally went crazy no lie. i was jumped as high as i could and screamed at the top of my lungs. the videos i took suck cause of all my jumping lol. it was a great night. super awesome.

ill post some pics up and some of you might recognize me!!!! or maybe not

I so Love this review!!! You make ALL of us Moms proud!!! You seem to be so cool, and I just love your energy!!! Here's to more Coldplay shows for you in the future, LOT'S MORE!!!!:)

Angie, you are my hero. Jonny touches, Will smiles, Jackie hugs...you go girl! You must not have kids yet, because if I didn't have my responsibilities to my husband and kids, I would so be hanging out with you at all the shows you go to! I'll have to make due with the 2 shows I was at in LA/OC last weekend and the all too short meet and greet, and the memory of Will's sweet voice "I hope you enjoy the show tonight." ahhh I am totally loving all the videos everyone is posting - I was so focused on Jonny dancing in front of me and Will on his drums that I lost sight of the whole show, if that makes sense. lol

I too have those responsibilities, or I too would be hanging out with the Fanatics!!

I do get the honor of getting to hopefully meet up with Angie and Lori and Amy, and Jess, and so many more for the last Tampa show!!!:D

Oh, here's two random pics I forgot about, not really the band, but still kind of cool... I'm uploading my other videos too, so should have them posted soon. I made sure to tape most of the stuff when Chris is just babbling since you never know what he might say! :P

Look at Earth from out of space...

DSCF3502.jpg

The Viva Balloon!

DSCF3533.jpg

I shot a bunch of Guy shaking his nonexistant butt short videos as well.

nonexistant butt.hahaha.so true

Will beats the crap out of his drums during Politik. How much? He busted a drum head and Bash had to come out and replace the drum during Chris piano solo.

Oh Will just how I like him.Going crazy, breaking things.I hope he never hits anyone.They will not survive

SOOOO brilliant.Will's smile was hilarious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRmwCyLtCQ]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Yellow Balloons![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRD92Mb-Mc4]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Strawberry Swing[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Wl1r-oCWA]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - The Hardest Part, Will[/ame]

Hey all!! Just got home from the show and it was another stonker! The boys were in such a good mood tonight - all seemed super enthusiastic and happy. I'm sure the sold out crowd helped, but the audience was SO much more into the show than in Dallas.

Angie and I kept each other company through the opening bands - she lucked out since her seat was RIGHT NEXT to the door that they would come out for the B-Stage! HA! Lucky! No cape tonight, she was wearing her Southampton footie jersey, so we'll see if she gets some love from Will! We were having a good chuckle with Amadou & Mariam and trying to understand them, ha. Anyhoo, the seats next to her remained empty until I left to go to my seat around 8:45pm. She also befriended the security guard and got him to keep his setlist for her. Lucky again. I, however, did not luck out with a setlist again. This time I tried the sound booth, but no luck. She gave me a homemade Jonny guitar pick too, which I thought was really funny! Ooh, and she got this security guard a chair since he was standing (mainly because he blocked her view :sneaky:) but it was a nice gesture and he seemed awfully pissy about the whole thing... mmm.

Anyway, the show was incredible. The setlist went back to it's original form, so Trouble must have been a Dallas only thing for now. Makes it even better that I went to that show too! I definately had more fun at the Dallas show since I was able to free-roam around in the PIT. This show I was sandwhiched between general folk and had a super tall guy in front of me, ugh, so it was sometimes hard to get pics and vids.

There was a looming thunderstorm throughout part of the show, but luckily it never rained. I got some of the flashes on video while recording some of the B-Stage stuff, since I couldn't yesterday due to the retard security guard.

When Chris was talking about the LRLRL CD, he said TX always boos when they say they won't be coming back for a while (happened last night in Dallas, and tonight!). Well of COURSE, we want them back!! Anyway, he said he wasn't sure it was a good or bad thing, but of course everyone cheered to reassure him it was good :)

Will must have seen someone he knew in the audience at the end of the show, since he was awfully dapper and smiley at one point and was waving into the crowd. Not sure what that was about but I got some of it on video.

Took much more video today since it was my last show for a while and the security people weren't crappy like yesterday. I have pics and will post some in a bit!

i saw you and Angie. infact, the first person i saw once i sat down was Angie. i was about 20 rows behind you guys. nice pics and videos by the way!

Houston7-22-09006.jpg

i got that same pic except not as good.

someone yelled "Phil Harvey" and he ran away. :laugh3:

yep, that was me....:embarassed:

OK settle down Berrygirls, I got your damn Guy pics

Houston7-22-09087.jpg

Houston7-22-09096.jpg

Houston7-22-09098.jpg

thanks Angie :D

Jackie is Coldplay's chief of security at their concerts. She is what stands between me and Jonny living happily ever after. :angry:

what does she look like? i think sometime before the show started she was sitting in a seat in the row in front of me :thinking:

The concert was AMAZING!! Chris was so full of energy as usual :D I loved Jonny's guitar-dancing as well. Guy was so cute(we made dead eyecontact) And Will was such a bad ass, he is so awesome. I even got a chance to see(and touch) Phil. He was infront of the pit barrier taking pictures. When he was passing by during DAAHF I yelled "PHIL!" he just turned around and smiled. I took a couple of pictures of Mr. Harvey :D:D:D

I was in the front and center of the pit, not letting got of that bar, so I was literally inches away from Chris when he did that little bowing during "Fix You" (then he just jumps up):laugh3: Since I was so close I went crazy with my camera and took ALOT of pictures. This was the best way to end my last Coldplay concert(til their next LP that is:P) And to top the night off I got a setlist :D:D:D:D:D

awesome!

here are some pics

DSC06646.jpg

DSC06647.jpg

DSC06654.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06697.jpg

DSC06733.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06778.jpg

^^^ PHIL!!!:D:D:D:D

DSC06791.jpg

DSC06816.jpg

My Setlist :D:D:D:D

DSC06821.jpg

nice brenda!

ok the nothing really special happened to me, but it was a great show!

if only i had been at the end of the row i could have gotten a video similar to Angie's hi 5 video. :\

also, my we waited around for about an hour where the band would have come out because we were pretty sure they were still there (there was a line of people with backstage passes waiting to meet the band after the show) but some police peeps on horses who had sat there with the about 10 or so of us that whole time out of the blue told us to leave. after an hour.

could have told us sooner :shifty:

my phil pics

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

i dont know if i have any good pics or videos. will post them later if they're ok or good enough