July 8, 200917 yr I heard about this yesterday but reading that story made it seem all the more real. :\ Like many of you I hadn't met her personally but was on the board when she was and knew of her very well from here and through mutual friends. This is such terrible news, she really was the best of the best when it came to passion for music. My heart goes out to her friends, those that I know and those that I don't and of course her family, her husband. RIP Jen
July 8, 200917 yr I am sat here in tears. I did have the pleasure of meeting Nettie last year at the BBC recording and she was an amazing girl with such a passion and zest for life. She was kind enough to also send me youtube clips of shouts outs to me from Chris at the Manchester shows. I've left a message for Phil who also met her and I know the band (and security who she always managed to wangle free passes from!) will be terribly sad to hear such shocking news. She will leave such a void. :( x
July 8, 200917 yr I'm glad to know that the band will hopefully know Debs, as she was such a passionate fan for Coldplay for so many years, and such a fan of music and gigs as a whole. I still can't believe my friend is gone and had to go in such a terrible way. We had so many great times at Coldplay concerts and without them and this board I wouldn't have known such a friend with the biggest heart and personality.
July 8, 200917 yr What tragic news. :cry: I owe the best pictures in my Coldplay collection to her. A.
July 8, 200917 yr It seems that Kasabian dedicated a gig to Jen last night... Look what I found: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2523044/Kasabian-dedicate-gig-to-dedicated-fan-who-died-in-car-crash.html A lovely tribute!
July 8, 200917 yr It seems that Kasabian dedicated a gig to Jen last night... Look what I found: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2523044/Kasabian-dedicate-gig-to-dedicated-fan-who-died-in-car-crash.html A lovely tribute! Awwww. That's just nice.
July 8, 200917 yr :(! R.I.P I didnt know her well, but we did converse occasionally on her coldplay site. :(
July 8, 200917 yr Yeah... do you remember the idiot guy who couldn't work the camera? That was such a funny moment. Glad he finally worked it out and got this picture. I do remember!!!! The whole festival was full of funny 'Jen moments'. Very glad we have this picture. Thankyou Debs for passing on the message. She was a truly dedicated fan of the band and was always very generous. She dedicated a huge amount of her time to the band and it's fans, and if there was ever a chance of her helping another fan share a great Coldplay experience with her she would help them out (as Kara also said.)
July 8, 200917 yr I am sat here in tears. I did have the pleasure of meeting Nettie last year at the BBC recording and she was an amazing girl with such a passion and zest for life. She was kind enough to also send me youtube clips of shouts outs to me from Chris at the Manchester shows. I've left a message for Phil who also met her and I know the band (and security who she always managed to wangle free passes from!) will be terribly sad to hear such shocking news. She will leave such a void. :( x Thanks for letting them know!
July 8, 200917 yr It seems that Kasabian dedicated a gig to Jen last night... Look what I found: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2523044/Kasabian-dedicate-gig-to-dedicated-fan-who-died-in-car-crash.html A lovely tribute! That is really lovely of them. Wherever she is now she'll be smiling at that!!!! :nice:
July 8, 200917 yr I talked to Nettie through pms and stuff in the MyColdplay forum. She was indeed very kind and helpful. This news is absolutely shattering. Rest in peace, Nettie, one of the biggest Coldplay and Music fans ever.
July 8, 200917 yr I didn't know her, but that's awful. That accident actually happened close to where I'm from in the UK. My thoughts are with her friends and family.
July 8, 200917 yr wow! just stumbled across this thread this evening. what a horribly tragic accident. RIP Nettie
July 8, 200917 yr Sad news. I don't know her but from what i read, she must be a great fan of Coldplay. The band should know about this and pay tribute to her. RIP Nettie.
July 8, 200917 yr July 8, 2009 - submitted by Claire, Ireland Q. Hello, I just thought the band and those who read your answers would be interested to know that one of the biggest Coldplay fans ever and I mean that with no exaggeration at all died recently in a road accident on her way to the Eden Sessions. She was one of those vibrant, soulful and truly admirable people that those who met her, always remembered her. Jennifer or Nettie as she was often known as had websites such as mycoldplay.com and guyberryman.net. She travelled all over her home in the U.K and to the U.S to see the boys. She was known by many Coldplay fans on the web as 'a famous fan'. She will be sorely missed. Anyone who knew her would know that she was a force of nature and grabbed life by the horns. Always friendly and eager to chat or help people out. On behalf of the people who knew her, I would like to honor her here as I know that would have been something she would have truly appreciated. R.I.P Jennifer xxx http://www.boxxet.com/Coldplay/Source:mycoldplay.com http://guyberryman.wordpress.com/ http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/dead-critical-M5-crash/article-1139544-detail/article.html The Oracle replies: Everyone here was terribly saddened by this tragic news. Nettie will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her. Her face was a constant front row beam of light. Even security will miss her hanging round stage doors trying to blag her way in! She was a true music fan with a big heart. It won't be the same without her. As a tribute there'll only be one question answered today.
July 8, 200917 yr July 8, 2009 - submitted by Claire, Ireland Q. Hello, I just thought the band and those who read your answers would be interested to know that one of the biggest Coldplay fans ever and I mean that with no exaggeration at all died recently in a road accident on her way to the Eden Sessions. She was one of those vibrant, soulful and truly admirable people that those who met her, always remembered her. Jennifer or Nettie as she was often known as had websites such as mycoldplay.com and guyberryman.net. She travelled all over her home in the U.K and to the U.S to see the boys. She was known by many Coldplay fans on the web as 'a famous fan'. She will be sorely missed. Anyone who knew her would know that she was a force of nature and grabbed life by the horns. Always friendly and eager to chat or help people out. On behalf of the people who knew her, I would like to honor her here as I know that would have been something she would have truly appreciated. R.I.P Jennifer xxx http://www.boxxet.com/Coldplay/Source:mycoldplay.com http://guyberryman.wordpress.com/ http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/dead-critical-M5-crash/article-1139544-detail/article.html The Oracle replies: Everyone here was terribly saddened by this tragic news. Nettie will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her. Her face was a constant front row beam of light. Even security will miss her hanging round stage doors trying to blag her way in! She was a true music fan with a big heart. It won't be the same without her. As a tribute there'll only be one question answered today. Yes i just read this on the homepage here..... :) this is so good the boys remembered her and the Oracle answered this as the only question today. ahhh RIP Nettie once again!:cry:
July 8, 200917 yr after reading all these new pages and comments by all those lucky enough to know her, and especially what tom meighan said about her, i am literally brought to tears. i never knew i could be so sad about the death of someone i never knew or talked to, though i did know who she was. she had such a powerful presence, even over the internet, that it made me feel as if i actually did know her personally. i loved her sites, and she left an amazing impact on the entire coldplay fanbase. i am glad to see that there is a new guyberryman.net and source for mycoldplay.com, and her legendary fan legacy will go on. her departure has left a big hole. again, RIP Jennifer.
Create an account or sign in to comment