✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Feb-2010: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Phot

I wonder if it has any relation to the song on the whiteboard 'Spanish Rain'?

I was wondering the same thing! I think it must have some link, otherwise, it'd be too much of a coincidence. This would also determine that Chris is probably singing, "I heard you never get wet in Spanish RAIN," and not "reign."

Also, I would looove to have someone attempt at decipering the lyrics. :]

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Chris Martin turns 33 years old on March 2, 2010. He will be singing, playing, and dancing a concert on his birthday!

02/03/10: Sao Paulo - Brazil

Morumbi Stadium

I wonder if Phil will have cake for him as he did for the other band members' birthdays, and who will lead the audience to sing "Happy Birthday" for Chris.

Chris Martin turns 33 years old on March 2, 2010. He will be singing, playing, and dancing a concert on his birthday!

02/03/10: Sao Paulo - Brazil

Morumbi Stadium

I wonder if Phil will have cake for him as he did for the other band members' birthdays, and who will lead the audience to sing "Happy Birthday" for Chris.

that would be fun:D

And yeah, it really sounds like Dancing in the Dark.I they talk to Bruce before.Well, I guess they know what they're doing

Okay, a bit :D But we all know Chris is a big Bruce fan, maybe it's a hommage? ;)

Well as long as they don't release it, they'll be fine :P

Oh and Chris has had birthday's on tour before and the other boys have never actually said anything, there's just been a 'Happy Birthday Chris' flashed on the screen. Maybe they're less shy now.

Why did they play the same setlist?
On the X&Y tour of Latin America, people on here complained that they didn't get the same show as everyone else. *even though the band played songs they never play any more and they hung out and signed shit every frickin day at the hotel* So now they are getting exactly the same show we all got. Be careful what you ask for guys. :laugh3:

"Happy Birthday, Chris"

Well as long as they don't release it, they'll be fine :P

Oh and Chris has had birthday's on tour before and the other boys have never actually said anything, there's just been a 'Happy Birthday Chris' flashed on the screen. Maybe they're less shy now.

These things are probably Chris' decisions. He seems to make most of the calls for the show, and he always seems to be trying to share the spotlight with the other band members, not purposely take as he would if they sang him "Happy Birthday" and brought him cake. As the front man, he's usually the focus of attention and he seems to try to diffuse his prominence by frequently acknowledging the others, especially Jonny and Will. He knows enough people have their eyes glued to Guy already, pleasantly staring at him!

I wish Chris were not so humble and modest, but I think he's intelligent to keep a soft, lovable demeanor, and probably is why he seems to be such likeable, pleasant guy because he is.

These things are probably Chris' decisions. He seems to make most of the calls for the show, and he always seems to be trying to share the spotlight with the other band members, not purposely take as he would if they sang him "Happy Birthday" and brought him cake. As the front man, he's usually the focus of attention and he seems to try to diffuse his prominence by frequently acknowledging the others, especially Jonny and Will. He knows enough people have their eyes glued to Guy already, pleasantly staring at him!

I wish Chris were not so humble and modest, but I think he's intelligent to keep a soft, lovable demeanor, and probably is why he seems to be such likeable, pleasant guy because he is.

Couldn't agree more! :]

Hey guys! I hope my tweets via vivacrew kept you guys updated!:smiley: When I get home and rest and collect my thoughts I will write a little review(though the show was exactly the same--apart from Don Quixote--as usual). I tried to take some pics but I was so far back all I got was from the screens, and they're not that great, but will upload a couple. I also got a vid of the new song, but missed the first few seconds, since I was tweeting :P. I'm sure others have posted stuff already, and by the time I get back home on Monday there'll be plenty pics/vids, but I will contribute my bit as well :smiley:

Ole, Ole! Great Song!

I agree with those who love this new song. How could any song with as beautiful voice as Chris' and with Coldplay's lively acoustic guitar playing not sound wonderful? The audience participation is also fantastic!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Also, please don't mention any similarities of the melody to other songs. They might have another artist like Sartriani causing them legal trouble. I think all of us Coldplay lovers wish for Coldplay to avoid legal harassment and personal heartaches. We are convinced that Coldplay's music is unique and original. And they give full credit for inspiration where credit is due. Even if it sounded like another song, I would not say so publicly.

Hey guys! I hope my tweets via vivacrew kept you guys updated!:smiley: When I get home and rest and collect my thoughts I will write a little review(though the show was exactly the same--apart from Don Quixote--as usual). I tried to take some pics but I was so far back all I got was from the screens, and they're not that great, but will upload a couple. I also got a vid of the new song, but missed the first few seconds, since I was tweeting :P. I'm sure others have posted stuff already, and by the time I get back home on Monday there'll be plenty pics/vids, but I will contribute my bit as well :smiley:

The tweets were great!! Can't wait to read your little review :nice: