✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Feb-2010: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Phot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to figure out the lyrics, but it was a fail!

But here's what I could make out.

It's probably wrong though!

Verse 1

So we left La Mancha

Headed out for higher plains (This could also be ''Headed for a higher place")

Me and Sancho Panza

Looking for adventure

Rosinante at the reins

To which the wet pebbles answer (Or maybe the red pablos?)

You'll never be lonely

you'll never be lonely anymore

you'll never be lonely, you'll never be lonelyyyy!

I heard you never get wet in Spanish rain

So they sent the Doctor (?)

But it's not too clearer

When the world just seems a little bit too cruel\

believe in better

make one better

So tell that Princess

tell that Princess (?) train(Or trail maybe?)

Tell that Princess you'll never be lonely again

I bet you never get wet in Spanish rain

Oh ooh ooh

Oh ooh ooh

All the people sing!

Ole Ole Ole Ole Oleee Oleeeeee! 6X

I heard you never get wet in Spanish rain!

Oh ooh ooh

Oh ooh ooh

Ole Ole Ole Ole Oleee Oleeeeee! 10X

I took ideas from the Don Quixotes book to fill in the spot I couldn't make out.

Verse 1

So we left La Mancha

Me and Sancho Panza

Looking for adventure

Rosinante at the reins

You'll never be lonely

But it's not too clearer

believe in better

make one better

So tell that Princess

All the people sing!

Oh ooh ooh

Oh ooh ooh

I took ideas from the Don Quixotes book to fill in the spot I couldn't make out.

Why do you say it failed? Those lyrics are what it sounds Chris is singing to me! Great job!

Here's a link to Roadie 42's clip on arriving and setting up for the BA concert:

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=592&page=0

The emotion that I felt when they sang 'ole ole ole ole' was spectacular!!!! for me it was a precious song and so near the Latin American hearing, especially for the Argentineans like I! I cried when they touched 'The scientist', i love that song so so much, means a lot for me in my life!

My birthday was the 25/02 and this was the best celebration! I am so so happy, thanks Chris Martin, thanks Coldplay to give the best gift of birthday ever!!!!

I wished so much to be there at the Buenos Aires concert! I was so upet and depressed for missing out on it! :( But my heart stopped when I heard a new song was on the setlist!

I was jumping with joy and now I CANNOT stop listening to it! :lol:

I LOVE the intro! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :D

Hopefully it will be on the 5th album :laugh3:

I remember Chris mentioned he was reading Don Quixote in the Boombox All Access interview :) Who knew it would end up as a song :)

YouTube- Coldplay - The Hardest Part & Postcards From Far Away (Live in Argentina, 26-02-2010)[/url]

Thanks a lot for posting :D But ... sorry ... isn't it really similar to another old song (whose title I can't remember?!) ...... mmmmh, may be it's not a new song. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but ... it's not new at all ......

:\

Also, please don't mention any similarities of the melody to other songs. They might have another artist like Sartriani causing them legal trouble. I think all of us Coldplay lovers wish for Coldplay to avoid legal harassment and personal heartaches. We are convinced that Coldplay's music is unique and original. And they give full credit for inspiration where credit is due. Even if it sounded like another song, I would not say so publicly.

Dude, I love Coldplay as much as anyone else here, but there is no way I could say it didn't sound like the Bruce Springsteen song. If they're wrong, they're wrong, if they ask permission that's great. I doubt they'll release it as anything official so we have nothing to worry about, but saying we shouldn't speak out when they obviously have a great influence from another song is ignorant.

Verse 1

So we left La Mancha

Me and Sancho Panza

Looking for adventure

Rosinante at the reins

You'll never be lonely

you'll never be lonely anymore

you'll never be lonely, you'll never be lonelyyyy!

But it's not too clearer

believe in better

make one better

So tell that Princess

Oh ooh ooh

Oh ooh ooh

All the people sing!

Oh ooh ooh

Oh ooh ooh

A bunch of people have been trying to put together the lyrics here--> http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68218

Why don't you post this idea there? :)

Dude, I love Coldplay as much as anyone else here, but there is no way I could say it didn't sound like the Bruce Springsteen song. If they're wrong, they're wrong, if they ask permission that's great. I doubt they'll release it as anything official so we have nothing to worry about, but saying we shouldn't speak out when they obviously have a great influence from another song is ignorant.

Okay, now I don't feel bad. I was gonna say something, maybe not quite as bluntly, but I don't think us saying something here is going to open the can of worms, plus I doubt Bruce's lawyers are trolling around this site anyway. If a few of us here after hearing the song the very first time can come up with that comparison so quickly, than likely it will be just as obvious for half the other people out there who hear it, regardless of whether they are Coldplay fans. Chris has been vocal about being a fan of Bruce, so I don't think the boys are trying to hide anything anyway.

Actually, I disagree with you as to whether they'll release it as anything official; late last year they said they would "try out" some of their anticipated LP5 songs early this year, so this very well could be something (previous posts mentioned/showed the "Spanish Rain" title as something they've been working on for awhile). Maybe not with quite so many "Ole"s, but this could actually be something they're considering for LP5. And if that is the case, then I would assume given all of their previous snafus, that everything has already been "squared away". I can't believe that they, or the gabillions of people who work with them, wouldn't have noticed it (when it takes a few non-music-professionals here just one listen to notice). So I'm assuming they did, and I'm assuming everything is peachy. Otherwise... :\

The emotion that I felt when they sang 'ole ole ole ole' was spectacular!!!! for me it was a precious song and so near the Latin American hearing, especially for the Argentineans like I! I cried when they touched 'The scientist', i love that song so so much, means a lot for me in my life!

My birthday was the 25/02 and this was the best celebration! I am so so happy, thanks Chris Martin, thanks Coldplay to give the best gift of birthday ever!!!!

WOW halina, today (febr 27th) it's my birthday and I also cried when they played The Scientist, has a special meaning for me too :D

I did record a couple things but as I was being so squeezed and crushed I feared for my camera security so my material pretty much sucks. I might post a short video of the butterflies when I learn how to convert it ;)