✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

We just bumped into Chris at the Liverpool train station. We were waiting in line for a taxi, we saw that some guy had to squeeze through, so Oz and I moved our luggage out of the way and we look up to see that it is Chris saying, "thanks mate". :freak:

Aw, that's cool! erfect way to begin your journey in Liverpool :cheesy:

I'd like to wish everyone a safe journey and I hope that you all get there, have a great time and share your pictures please :nice:

^This!

I hope that everyone was able to make it to Liverpool without too much trouble! Please be safe on the road (especially those travelling from L. to Newcastle omorrow morning) and have a blast!! We'll be waiting impatiently for your reviews :hug:

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone still travelling to London by plane? Heathrow have announced that there will be no arrivals until Monday

I gave up on Heathrow tens of hours ago, but not the idea of getting across the pond.

Will I make Liverpool tonight? No, but I will be in Newcastle tomorrow morning with the clothes on my back, showered in perfume & ready to meet the band. :smug:

I gave up on Heathrow tens of hours ago, but not the idea of getting across the pond.

Will I make Liverpool tonight? No, but I will be in Newcastle tomorrow morning with the clothes on my back, showered in perfume & ready to meet the band. :smug:

good luck:hug:

Hi

I live near Southport in Tarleton and yes snow is very bad but roads are now passable. We are planning on coming to the gig on the train from Ormskirk as the trains are running ok from there.

As long as I get to Liverpool dont care if I cant get out of LIverpool till after Christmas!

Last year at Exeter we were all worried snow would stop play but we had an amazing night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dug the car out today and was able to drive out so going to into town and get the train to Liverpool.

hey all,

anyone looking for 2 seated tix to tonights gig? my flight was cancelled this AM, so i called seetickets and the venue and arranged for them to allow an alternate pickup...all they would need to do is provide some key info about my order, such as the order # etc...i have 2 very nice seated tickets in the dress circle...i can send all pertinent info immediately following payment via paypal

hey all,

anyone looking for 2 seated tix to tonights gig? my flight was cancelled this AM, so i called seetickets and the venue and arranged for them to allow an alternate pickup...all they would need to do is provide some key info about my order, such as the order # etc...i have 2 very nice seated tickets in the dress circle...i can send all pertinent info immediately following payment via paypal

ha its that ebay tout again.........

this is his listing ebay number 280606100074..thought i remembered the name

Coldplay with special guests the Choir With No Name

Sunday, December 19th 2010 at 7:30 PM

Royal Court Theatre, Liverpool England

Two (2) Tickets in Section Circle Row L

Two Incredible Side By Side Reserved Full View Dress Circle Seats! Exclusive and Intimate Gig in an Approximately 1000 Capacity Venue! Instantly Sold Out Show!

You are bidding on two (2) tickets to see Coldplay at the Royal Court Theatre in Liverpool, England on Sunday 12/19/10 at 7:30 PM! Your tickets will have you located intwo excellent side by side seated reserved dress circle seats in row L ! You will be only a few rows back in the reserved seated section, providing you with an absolutely stellar view of Coldplay in the most intimate setting you will probably ever see them in again, since they are used to selling out arenas! Don't get stuck empty handed and sitting at home, BID NOW and guarantee yourself the absolute best and most exclusive tickets available ANYWHERE to see Coldplay in this ultra exclusive secret show in Liverpool!

DUE TO THE SEVERE SNOWSTORMS IN LIVERPOOL, ALL FLIGHTS INTO THE UK FROM THE NEW YORK AREA ARE CANCELED. I HAVE CALLED THE ROYAL COURT THEATRE AND SEETICKETS PERSONALLY, AND HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO ALLOW AN ALTERNATE PICKUP FOR THESE TWO EXCELLENT TICKETS. THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE PROVIDED WITH ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO RETRIEVE THE TICKETS ON THEIR OWN AND ATTEND THE GIG IMMEDIATELY AFTER PAYMENT IS MADE!

what can I say? one of the greatest gigs I have ever seen-up there with u2 at the royal court in 83 flaming lips at glasto 2010 and new orders first ever show-I will let people who are more eloquent than me give fuller reviews but for now-thanks coldplay it was worth it all!

I've got to be up in three hours. Urgh!

Will right a proper review on the train I the morning but let me just say that that was the best Coldplay gig I have ever ever been to!! I cannot believe how fantatic it was. Amazing!

Sleep tight - up in only three hours. :wreck:

Great that you could be present at this amazing gig. :dance:

And thanks for your tweets with text and pictures. Much appreciated. :kiss:

Funny and nice that you were able to give Chris some good advice. :thumbsup:

I've got to be up in three hours. Urgh!

Will right a proper review on the train I the morning but let me just say that that was the best Coldplay gig I have ever ever been to!! I cannot believe how fantatic it was. Amazing!

Mich, we can't wait to hear about the gig....and the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found in you tube

Shiver

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOOghAblL-4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Coldplay Crisis Liverpool[/ame]

Fix you

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOy98QL1u0]YouTube - Fix You - Coldplay[/ame]

First part of my review (I'll have pics later, they're taking AGGGGES to upload on my shitty mobile internet dongle - I was updating from my twitter though, so there's some there for now http://twitpic.com/photos/LiverpoolMich)

Okay, am currently writing this on a 6am train back to London to go to work, I've had 3 hours sleep and the sub zero tempeartures have not done me much good :sick: Remember last year in Exeter when I said queuing in temperatures that low was extremely stupid and I'd never do it again? Well I did, and it was MUCH colder - it was worth it though!!

So I got there initially at 10am, some of the Italian guys were there axe, etc. But it seemed quiet so I went shopping for a bit (well attempted to....since when do shops not open until 11 on a Sunday?!) anyway trusty Primarni was open so I was able to get a blanket and some extra socks :P

I was browsing Twitter in the queue in Primarni and saw that Chelsea (who had been umming and ahhhing about attending the Newcastle gig since her flight home got cancelled due to the snow) had mentioned that there were 200 extra ticketsgoing on sale at both venues but you had to go there in person to get them, so I offered to get her one and at first she was like "noooo way, is too short notice" then it was "oh let me just look at the train prices" and then "omg they're cheap let me just look at hotels" :P

Whilst this was going on I had wandered back towards the queue where Craig, Roos and Wisna had joined. Craig was meant to be buying my seated tickets from me but had a standing ticket and just needed another - it turns out I knew someone with a standing ticket so my two seated tickets became available, I immediately told Chelsea who very excited decided she was going to come! :dance:

So anyway we stood around chatting for a while, more people joined us Als, Anna it was unbearably cold, we were all taking it in turns to get inside for a while. It seems to really drag in the afternoon, it was so cold and I think we were all trying to over compensate for the fact that we were miserable. It was in fact just as Alison went inside for coffees that the boys turned up at the venue. :(

Jonny was first, he had a big smile as he went in, everyone else stuck their hand out, which he shook, but I was too shy and didn't :rolleyes: Was annoyed with myself afterwards. Next was Will with one of his daughters and his wife, he just walked in quickly with a smile since he was with family. Then it was Phil he chatted a bit before going in (sorry I don't have any pictures of this - we all sort of ran over there and I was unprepared :shame:)

Once they were all in, we wandered back over to our queuing spot and sort of loitered for a bit hoping Chris would show up (we saw Vicki and Debs having a cigarette outside too) the others guys had arrived in big blacked out silver cars so it was obvious they were coming, but we looked over and suddenly there was a huge swarm of people around Chris who had seemingly appeared from nowhere! :lol: I think he must have walked. I only got a chance to take his picture before he went inside.

We made our way back to the queue and were talking about how few people were in the queue and how it was quite possibly the most pointless all day queue ever when what should happen? The secuirty guy on the door pops his head outside and tells us to all make our way into the foyer he had something tell us! We did, grateful to be out of the horrible cold, I must admit I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to be something good and I wasn't wrong! Chris had heard how long we had been queuing in the cold (did someone in our group tell him?) and had invited us to watch the soundcheck!!! :awesome: I let out an almight squeee I must admit :lol: :shame:

So we all get AC/DC at Wembly wristband (because why wouldn't we?! :P) and make our way in. Jonny and Guy are on stage noodling, Jonny sort of shyly waves at us and we all very enthusiasticly start waving back :lol: People are shouting out song requests to play that night, which he declines very politely...although when someone asks for High Speed Jonny starts playing the riff :nice:

Chris bounds on stage not long afterwards in an absolutely fantastic mood and immidiately comes over to chat to us :D Says hi, thanks us for waiting for so long and then he says "is anyone English?" those of us who are raise our hands and he asks "okay do you think we should play on the X Factor?" and I, at the very horror of that actually occuring, am like "NO!!!!" haha :shame: So he turns to me and ask why not. Now there are a million and one reasons why Coldplay should not play the X Factor but could I form a coheriant reason as to they shouldn't? No. :lol: And he's looking at me waiting for an answer! I babbed something about how Matt Cardle could actually have a career of worth if it wasn't for the X Factor and how instead he's going to be screwed by Cowell and how that's not what music is about. He seems to accept that as a good reason and says "yeah, yeah that's what a few people think", although argues that we all watch it to which I reply "yes because it's good Saturday night entertainment if you're not going out, not because we believe in it" he chats for a bit longer about the gig and stuff but as he turns to walk back on stage he thanks me for my advice :cheesy:

Although Alison says I didn't so much advise him as order him not to :lol:

So they run through a few songs, GoW was first if I'm not mistaken, Chris isn't really singing properly as he's saving his voice but it sounds good, afterwards he asks for his piano to be moved further back so Guy is more visible :D They also run through CoL, as Guy walks over to play Chris' piano at the start of it, he looks at the keys and laughs and says "they're all different colours I can't play this" and Chris agrees and says that they need to get rid of them before next year. They also perform half of VLV before Chris forgets the lyrics, he's asking Will what they are and running through the verse quickly and Will mimes a puppet on a string to him :P I think it was during VLV that Chris got out a pocket camera and filmed the band and then us! :cheesey:

The also attempted Christmas Lights, Chris kept messing up during the middle, he did it twice and Will was cracking up at him, in the end Chris had to look at Will who mock baby stepped him through it by counting him in with his drumsticks in a exagerated fashion :P

Oh also Will's daughter was there, she must have loved Christmas Lights cos she was dancing around for all of it :D And Chris sang her a song and was waving at her. :nice:

After about 45 minutes they decided they needed to get into the soundcheck properly so we were to leave, Chris (and Phil) came to talk to us again :nice: People were asking him things I think someone mentioned Life is for Living which Phil said they'd have to bring back next year :D He was saying goodbye to us all and said "I'm sure I'll see you in the exact same position later" and touched my arm!! :dead: I am ashamed to admit I died a little :P