✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi from Liverpool!

I took an earlier train than I planned, because I was afraid of cancellations, so I`m here really early.

I checked into the hostel and go for a walk around the town.

Everything is quite close :)

So are we meeting on Fleet Street?

We just bumped into Chris at the Liverpool train station. We were waiting in line for a taxi, we saw that some guy had to squeeze through, so Oz and I moved our luggage out of the way and we look up to see that it is Chris saying, "thanks mate". :freak:

!!!

did you get to talk to him at all?

We just bumped into Chris at the Liverpool train station. We were waiting in line for a taxi, we saw that some guy had to squeeze through, so Oz and I moved our luggage out of the way and we look up to see that it is Chris saying, "thanks mate". :freak:

That's almost better than hi guys :laugh3:

Wow!!!! Its a small world, or small Liverpool! :D

Carrie, that was your Meet and Greet! Did you talk to him at all, or are you saving it for the "official" Meet and Greet?

Have a great time! And I'm glad you made it to Liverpool safely! Tell Will hi for me, too.

Is such a good job they didn't decide to fly into London, all airports there are now closed.

Craig and Anna are struggling :( They're currently on a 2mph bus travelling to Euston. Fingers crossed they make their train and it runs.

I love the fact I get this news from the messageboard and not the airline. I've been rerouted, canceled, purchased another ticket, been sitting in airport lounges & eating airport snack mix or Starbucks. :\

I swear if I'm reduced to swimming, I'll do it at this point. I've invested too much emotionally to turn back now. :cry:

I love the fact I get this news from the messageboard and not the airline. I've been rerouted, canceled, purchased another ticket, been sitting in airport lounges & eating airport snack mix or Starbucks. :\

I swear if I'm reduced to swimming, I'll do it at this point. I've invested too much emotionally to turn back now. :cry:

That was hours ago. The runways at Gatwick, for example, opened just before 3pm, though there are plenty of delays and cancellations still of course. Your airline should tell you what's happening, and if you're online at the airport you can visit your destination's website to see what's happening.

Best of luck, hope you get on a flight asap :)

That was hours ago. The runways at Gatwick, for example, opened just before 3pm, though there are plenty of delays and cancellations still of course. Your airline should tell you what's happening, and if you're online at the airport you can visit your destination's website to see what's happening.

Best of luck, hope you get on a flight asap :)

Yes, unfortunately I'm still trapped in the US, enjoying the "jetsetting lifestyle" during the holiday hustle & bustle. I'm literally ten feet away from a bar and seriously considering a double. Problem is I'm afraid I may not quit after one. Ha ha! My luck -- after 24 hours I finally queue to board a plane but stopped because I'm in a hopeless drunken stupor. :drunk:

I have six more miserable hours to go, so remaining positive, I'm sure I'll get into Heathrow. Actually, I know I will. Then it's off to find a train line, bus, bobsled or a set of cross country skis to get me to Liverpool!

RE: change to other airports -- tried that yesterday when original flight from NY to Amsterdam canceled without a whole lot of success.

CHEERS, PEOPLE! :)

http://twitter.com/HeathrowAirport

7 minutes ago via HootSuite Just to confirm, no flights will depart or arrive tonight. Passengers are advised not to come to the airport tonight. #uksnow

half a minute ago via HootSuite UPDATE: There will be further cancellations & delays for airlines tomorrow due to the knock on effects of the severe weather.

Flight canceled. Again.

I purchased travel insurance with my new ticket yesterday so I'm depending on their 24 hr group to help with rerouting.

Hell or high-water, I will be there even if I show up at the concert with my hair unkempt and wearing the same clothes I've worn for days. I pity the people standing near me, but that's what a bottle of good perfume is for, right?