✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Studiofeed

coldplayisawesome

:curtain:

I think it's really funny that you can click "Love this" below the video. :awesome:

Seeing all your speculations - maybe I'm not reading enough into the video. :lol:

But I don't think there are clues in it or in the website changes. :uhoh:

And yes, maybe in a few weeks / months time I'll think back on this post and be all :facepalm: to myself. :P

THANK YOU ANNA! We're still on 'twins mode' on that one. I too think it's just for fun but not LP5 related (don't see the connections that could possibly exist between grafittis and all that Chris mentionned in Q and UFO's... :thinking: ) Coldplay AREN'T Muse :lol:

Plus, to me X&Y was the UFO/space album...(talk MV people XD!)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... apart from the new colours, I think the new album is related with UFOs and aliens... the GIF images suggest something relevant at all, something that reminds Zooropa (and an owl is in the zoo :) ).

MX could refers to: a magic xylophone (do you remember the video reporting Chris and Guy playing a xylophone???); could refers to a Roman number, but even to the binary numeral system, and 1010 (MX in Roman numbers) could means A or 10 (A as Alien) and 10 like the month of release, the number of tracks and so on...

There's also a man who jumps... So, for MX, M is for Man and X for... i don't know...

I'mma join in with ridic speculashun: M IS FOR MAN AND X IS FOR XENU. MAN AND ALIEN!!!!

:curtain:

I think it's really funny that you can click "Love this" below the video. :awesome:

Seeing all your speculations - maybe I'm not reading enough into the video. :lol:

But I don't think there are clues in it or in the website changes. :uhoh:

And yes, maybe in a few weeks / months time I'll think back on this post and be all :facepalm: to myself. :P

Hahaha, ok, whew, I'm not the only one :lol:. I just think they have better things to do than leave us really obscure hints to things in videoclips...

(except they did do that with Viva la Vida...:whistle:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2IVCqmG4A]YouTube - Coldplay - A Short Video (2007)[/ame]

vivalavidawill.gif

(Ugh, OK, for some reason this .gif got speeded up when I uploaded it, but it's Will mouthing "Viva la Vida" in December 2007, months before we got any wind of that being the album title)

vivavida.gif

And Chris spelling out "Viva Vida" with his hands in the same video, December 2007

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

But yeah, if they hadn't made that sneaky little video and embedded things in it before, I would probably not be thinking a thing about the video/minor website changes. In fact, even with the 2007 video, I still don't think there are any subliminal messages in anything here :uhoh:

I think we're speculating on it a bit much, but i do think it's all related to LP5. there's just not as many clues...probably.

Phil: "Chris! Why'd you tell everyone the album would be two letters and start with an M, we don;t have an album title yet!"

Chris: "Alright I've got an idea! Let's just put MX on the new website and steal a title from the crazed fans at coldplaying?!"

One day later

Phil: "Great Chris, now the albums going to be called Magic Xylophone...fantastic idea you had there...."

when you touch the newspaper on the "News" part -the one between live and archive- it opens and you can read UFO (U on one page and FO on another) and there's an UFO when you touch on Live Transmissions also.

Remember when Chris said:

[...] recording their fifth album, and although they are still considering what the title will be, Chris gave a hit away.

He added: “I don’t want to say about the title. It will probably begin with an ‘M’. Two words.”

MX could be a clue to the new title?

Remember when Chris said:

[...] Chris gave a hit away.

He added: “I don’t want to say about the title. It will probably begin with an ‘M’. Two words.”

Oh oh! Maybe, the album is called the same as me! :lol: My name starts with 'M' and it is in two words. :smug::rolleyes::dozey:

Response/Remarks

I think the UFO may have something to do with the whole making of the solar system..maybe a new theme for LP5?

Thank you for pointing this out! It came to my mind, but I wasn't exactly sure where would be best to post this, as I figured maybe someone else had said it. Sure enough...! haha.

I took to writing everything down that I could understand from the clip to see if it seemed to somehow tie together. I haven't really uncovered anything yet; although, I can confirm that, when played backwards, I believe it's Jonny saying, "I just think it sounds quite cool." Yes, the word is cool.

Anyway, that's about all. Hoping we get more info soon! I have a feeling Roadie #42 could be giving us another studio update in the next week or two via blog. If that's so, I could imagine a studiofeed following closely after. All I have to say for now!

Anyway, that's about all. Hoping we get more info soon! I have a feeling Roadie #42 could be giving us another studio update in the next week or two via blog. If that's so, I could imagine a studiofeed following closely after. All I have to say for now!

I think that too. I kind of guess that this is like the video'es they did before Christmas Lights.

Maybe they will soon release a new video with a new song from LP5! :awesome: :wacky:

Observations

I know we've seen that the title of the newspaper is MX, but has anyone noticed the middle...? LI FD, as far as I can decipher. LI is 51... maybe 5/1 (ie May 1)?

"FD"... First Day? If your observation is true, then it could easily tie them together. The 1st is the first day of the month, after all. I don't know. I think it's just "UFO." But if it's released May 1st, mad props to you!

omg that was incredible speculation! but didnt someone make up the name magic times?

:lol: yeah it was just a fake name

but watch it be right :anxious:

The start sounds like a sound effect from War of the Worlds.

UFO reference?

That movie was good :wacky:

Maybe there'll be more Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy connections cos there's a whole UFO theme going on?

"FD"... First Day? If your observation is true, then it could easily tie them together. The 1st is the first day of the month, after all. I don't know. I think it's just "UFO." But if it's released May 1st, mad props to you!

It would be the best thing ever if it was to be released May 1!!!:stunned:

But the MX = 10/10 - my friend posted a quote from the coldplay rep that said LP5 was due summer...:confused: course that could be false...

and I'm wondering how the UFO theme fits into "love, escape, addiction, and OCD"

loving aliens

escaping earth

being addicted to aliens

:freak: It just doesnt fit...

MX

Does anybody remember this? It came from Roadie #42's blog from June 2010.

"It won't surprise anyone to hear of moments in the development of a song where there are losses of confidence. It's par for the course and the feeling can flare up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. "Moments", is exactly what they are. The overall vibe is decidedly "up" here, with everyone very excited at what they're hearing."

You don't think "Moments" is in quotation marks just to emphasize what he's saying, do you? I find it odd that he would do this. I think it's also interesting that he put "up" in quotation marks, but I think that's because he is truly being figurative and is maybe trying to throw us off.

Just a thought, seeing as "M" is the first letter of the first word.

As for the 'X', I've had another thought. So far, it's been speculated to be a Roman numeral and/or a letter of a word. But, thinking mathematically, it may be neither. When solving for a variable in math (or some of the Sciences, even), you are generally solving for "x." Well, could the same not be true here? What if they put the "X" there to lead us on and not actually reveal the first letter of the second word? Or maybe "MX" is both a date and half the title as contemplated the sentence prior to this, with "M" being the first letter of the first word, and "X" being a missing letter that is currently unknown.

I just thought that was interesting and could be a possibility. Let me know your thoughts!

Does anybody remember this? It came from Roadie #42's blog from September 2010.

"It won't surprise anyone to hear of moments in the development of a song where there are losses of confidence. It's par for the course and the feeling can flare up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. "Moments", is exactly what they are. The overall vibe is decidedly "up" here, with everyone very excited at what they're hearing."

You don't think "Moments" is in quotation marks just to emphasize what he's saying, do you? I find it odd that he would do this. I think it's also interesting that he put "up" in quotation marks, but I think that's because he is truly being figurative and is maybe trying to throw us off.

As for the 'X', I've had another thought. So far, it's been speculated to be a Roman numeral and/or a letter of a word. But, thinking mathematically, it may be neither. When solving for a variable in math (or some of the Sciences, even), you are generally solving for "x." Well, could the same not be true here? What if they put the "X" there to lead us on and not actually reveal the first letter of the second word? Or maybe "MX" is both a date and half the title as contemplated the sentence prior to this, with "M" being the first letter of the first word, and "X" being a missing letter that is currently unknown.

I just thought that was interesting and could be a possibility. Let me know your thoughts!

He used quotation marks all the time, it's probably nothing.

Does anybody remember this? It came from Roadie #42's blog from September 2010.

That does look odd!

Moments up! :wideeyed::wtf:

Hmmm..