🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah you guys I'm so confused...how is it so many have heard Up In Flames already??? I thought this show was tomorrow. What am I missing here? :( Did they have a show today too and a live stream or what??

They had a smaller show tonight where someone filmed Up in Flames on a cell phone. Tomorrow's set at ACL will be the one broadcast for all to see.

They had a smaller show tonight where someone filmed Up in Flames on a cell phone. Tomorrow's set at ACL will be the one broadcast for all to see.

Alright thanks for responding! :) Okay, I will wait to hear it tomorrow during the live stream then. I can't wait. :D Good night to you all! :)

I'm back from the taping...and all I can say is it was a truly surreal experience! I ended up in the front row of the floor. The boys were in a great mood and it was a terrific set. Not many changes to the setlist from their normal festival performances with only a few new songs. I grabbed one of the setlists and here's what they played:

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Violet Hill

GPASUYF

Up In Flames

UATW

Politik

VLV

Charlie Brown

Paradise

Clocks

Fix You

ETIAW

I'll write a lot more later, but they passed out blacklight respondent shirts for us to wear during Charlie Brown and it was very cool. It was notable that after all the hating of Paradise, Chris changed the way he sings it from "para para paradise" to "para paradise." During ETIAW, Chris jumped into the crowd and we all danced together. So fun for a gal that has a massive crush on him!!! :D I also met Chris after the show while he walked back to their hotel.

Also, we got into the listening party tomorrow! We literally just found out when we got home. I'm in shock over all of this. :stunned:

Brillant setlist,sounds like it was an amazing show.

You got into the listening party!!Gotta fill us in on how the album sounds.

from Billboard's twitter page ;

#Coldplay open #ACL Live TV taping with latest "Mylo Xyloto" before blast from past, "Yellow." yfrog.com/nwhj1lj

9 hours ago

scaled.php?tn=0&server=860&filename=hj1l.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Chris Martin playing along with New Year's Eve air date of their #ACL Live episode: "Hope you all had a good Christmas!" - @jumonsmapes

9 hours ago

1st "Viva La Vida" track creeps into #Coldplay's #ACL Live set: "Violet Hill." From the setlist we've seen, fans can expect 1-2 more.

8 hours ago

#Coldplay at #ACL Live taping: "We just handed over our record to our label last week." Premiering "Up in Flames, which sounds like Bon Iver

8 hours ago

Chris Martin just "f*cked up" (his words), scrapped & re-started new ballad. Lucky they ain't gonna air all the f-bombs he dropped. #ACLtv

8 hours ago

1st came fake New Year's Eve countdown. Black light time for "Charlie Brown." #acltv #Coldplay http://yfrog.com/nu3b3ej

8 hours ago

scaled.php?tn=0&server=858&filename=3b3e.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

In the #ACLtv control room during #Coldplay encore of "Fix You." http://yfrog.com/gzmmburj

7 hours ago

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=mmbur.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

ACL Tv show will air in New Year's Eve according to AustinCityLimits TV twitter page

http://twitter.com/#!/acltv

That's right. They filmed/taped this for new year's eve TV show at ACL studio at The Moody Theater.

acltv AustinCityLimits TV

New Year's Eve on @PBS! RT @dougmatlock @coldplay @ACLTV when does it air?

14 hours ago

or am i wrong ?

Tonight, they will be performing live at ACL Music Festival (outdoors) from Zilker Park.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4vugx4n4o]2011 ACL Festival Webcast - YouTube[/ame]

This sucks. I'll be taking a college entrance exam the same day and time as COLDPLAY's ACL show... Really wanted to hear Up In Flames and new way Chris sings Paradise(which I love)....

From what I understand, it will be replayed only once, but that time has not been released. Keep checking the website for when this might be.

It was awesome! We were in front row by jonny. Before show I talked with Franksie. Then Phil.

Then Vickie came over to say hi. She left and came back with a signed poster for me. :awesome:

Gwyneth came out toward the end and was standing by mike.

Haha! Omg Angie, I swear you are one of the luckiest people on this planet!! So wish I could have been there. Thanks for the info though and have a blast at the show tonight!