✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come on baby blue

Shake up your tired eyes

The world is waiting for you

May all your dreaming fill the empty sky

But if it makes you happy

Keep on clapping

Just remember I'll be by your side

And if you don't let go, it's gonna pass you by" - Noel Gallagher of Oasis lyrics (Let There Be Love)

A song like Champagne Supernova is already a known classic so I don't think anyone can pass judgement on 10 words. Noel's songwriting is pure genius as is Chris Martin's. Both are on a whole other level and that's what make their songs memorable.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Slowly walking down the hall

Faster than a cannonball

:dozey:

Psychedelic induced lyrics. Just like 'she's into alka seltzer, she sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train'. That lyric from Supersonic is great I think.

But also there's 'take the time to make some sense of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves' from The Masterplan. I could be here all night typing other great lyrics that man has written.

Chris Martin may write a catchy melody like Noel but he doesn't have unique lyrics like him because he's not a great lyricist like Noel...yet! That said A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Amsterdam are outstanding lyrically - something which wasn't carried through onto X&Y. That album is easily their poorest lyrically - by a long way.

"When you try your best but you don't succeed

when you get what you want but not what you need"

Sounds like a 12 year old girl using a rhyming dictionary to write a poem for her 7th grade English class. :dozey:

Hey, I never claimed that Chris Martin was a good lyricist. In fact, he's actually an extremely average lyricist . . . on a good day. I was merely contesting the claim that Gallagher is one of the best. He is, however, a great melodist. Same goes for Mr. Martin.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Noel Gallagher actually claimed once that he would love to help produce a Coldplay album! Could never envisage a situation though where he beat up one of them with a cricket bat in the studio like he did with Liam once. The surreal thought of him battering a drunk Chris Martin would be funny though.

Guest howyousawtheworld
That would be amazing, a gallagher produced coldplay record... WOW

side note: going supersonic is faster then the speed of sound

Yes! Supersonic is a fecking great song!

This thread is turning into a Noel love in.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm thinking for definite now that some radio djs have been given listens of the first single. Jo Whiley has probably heard it.

Psychedelic induced lyrics. Just like 'she's into alka seltzer, she slips it through a cane on a supersonic train'. That lyric from Supersonic is great I think.

But also there's 'take the time to make some sense of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves' from The Masterplan. I could be here all night typing other great lyrics that man has written.

Chris Martin may write a catchy melody like Noel but he doesn't have unique lyrics like him because he's not a great lyricist like Noel...yet! That said A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Amsterdam are outstanding lyrically - something which wasn't carried through onto X&Y. That album is easily their poorest lyrically - by a long way.

I have to agree. That or VLV... both sound like they were made using a rhyming dictionary. Parachutes and AROBTTH, however...wow. I'll never fall out of love with those two albums.

Hey, I never claimed that Chris Martin was a good lyricist. In fact, he's actually an extremely average lyricist . . . on a good day. I was merely contesting the claim that Gallagher is one of the best. He is, however, a great melodist. Same goes for Mr. Martin.

Fair enough. As long as you don't try to claim Martin is a better lyricist than N Gallagher, I'm content.

The lyrics are crap but looking forward to hear more news

NO. LORE! Estas loquisima!

*looks at site banner*

Anyone think Coldplay are going to just keep putting up weirder and weirder images to see how far they can go before we stop instantly making banners of it? :wacko:

It kind of reminds me of this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA]YouTube - ‪The Chemical Brothers - Swoon‬‏[/ame]

*looks at site banner*

Anyone think Coldplay are going to just keep putting up weirder and weirder images to see how far they can go before we stop instantly making banners of it? :wacko:

It kind of reminds me of this video:

It totally does :D Love that song btw. :thumbsup:

but i love how everything is going so far, really excited :) i really like the idea of another AROBTTH thou, just my opinion (somebody will probably insult me on that one) pfft!

I'm hoping for another AROBTTH too in the sense that I just want it to be stripped back to where you can just hear the boys without all the ambient sound and strings of Viva. I just want a simpler sound.

I have to agree. That or VLV... both sound like they were made using a rhyming dictionary. Parachutes and AROBTTH, however...wow. I'll never fall out of love with those two albums.

Yeah pretty much. But at least X&Y was personal and had good tunes.