✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys are just sick because Chris has sung this song.

Chris to be sick maybe.

I just have a lips stick and feathers to go dancer :dozey:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Rt6SRL7ug]EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL (COLDPLAY) COVER By MEETING POINT IN A CAR - YouTube[/ame]

Okay I read almost all of your comments, some made ma laugh really hard!

First I'm of the opinion, like many, (and unlike many othrs^^) that ETIAW is a really big disappointment from what I expected of Coldplay, just a catchy pop song with a colorful (euphemism much? :p) clip and oh miracle everyone is happy!

So yeah I'm sorry, but this song, definitely a big joke IMO! :confused:

And if the band continues on this road to destruction, I'll just have to stick with the first three albums and try to ignore I've ever heard of those new songs! :(

Bands need to change or they get old and not really enjoyable. I can see why some people don't like Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, but I'd rather have something new and fresh, as this song, than just another Parachutes or AROBTTH song every 3 years. If you want to listen to something like Sparks again you can always take the CD/MP3 and put it to play. ;)

I just want to leave my opinion about Coldplay's new album. xD I've heard and know their previous songs and the first time I heard ETIAW, I was like "what??" but eventually I liked it as it still has the Coldplay signature (it reminds me of Strawberry swing xD) then came Major Minus w/c even how many times I listen, I still don't like it. :(

But you just can't please everyone all the time.

I honestly don't think the song is that bad! Is it my favorite? Absolutely not. But, is it bad? No! Some songs are written to be thought provoking or tear jerking or love inducing. Some songs are stories where the singer is the narrator or the character. This just happens to be a song that was written for one thing....fun! I LOVE coldplay! (Of course! I'm on the fansite, aren't I?) and I love parachutes, and a lot of the B-sides (how you see the world, I ran away, etc.) and I appreciate their thought provoking music and their beautiful lyrics. But, sometimes, you just have to drop everything, let your hair down, and simply enjoy the music. Not for the words or the technicalities, but simply the music as a whole. That just happens to be what ETIAW is.

I think that song is bad, the rest of the album sounds pretty bad I'm worried now. But I guess they wouldn't get something so amazing after such a succesful album.

I think the title of this thread is hilariously overstated, but I also think ETIAW is quite bad.... and I haven't liked anything else I've heard either.

And this is coming from someone whose favorite album is Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends. I also love A Spell A Rebel Yell (gasp!), which has this odd sound quality that I hear echoes of here and makes me think I should love ETIAW but I don't. At all. And so like you I'm kind of worried.

But to be fair, I didn't like X&Y when I first heard it either. Thought it sounded too "outer spacey" but now I love it, so who knows?

This song changed my life. It completely inspires me every single time I listen to it. It grounds me, it makes me happy and it acknowledges my belief in myself. It is without a doubt my favourite song I have ever heard and it elevates me.

And yet to others it is the worst thing Coldplay has ever done.

And yeah, I've adored Coldplay since 'Chutes.

Sorry for sounding like a dweeb. It's just interesting to see how different people are.

Guest Osaka Sun
When I first saw this thread I thought the OP was being completely over-dramatic. But having heard Paradise and the news Rihanna is on PoC, I'm willing to re-evaluate my opinion on this. It's all rather depressing.

+100000000000000

Can't say it any better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nT513b6zc]Coldplay - A whisper (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Memories. :\

• 3 weeks later...
These threads are ridiculous. People need to realize who the band are is who they are. If they're playing a style of music now you don't like, don't listen. But Coldplay is Coldplay as they have always been Coldplay. I really don't know why people can't get over this...?

And I say that because there have been plenty of bands I once listened to who I loved stuff they did and then I hated or was just neutral about their new stuff. Why do you have to all go on about it? Bands change. Depending on your perspective some get better some get worse.

Some people need to go to grief counseling or something because it's slightly ridiculous.

this.

Here's how i see it.

Just looking at the video stills from the first 2 youtube videos posted ...i realize how the artwork from parachutes ..to the artwork to MX...points to exactly how the music has changed

you have the parachute era simplicity. a globe surrounded by darkness.

everything stripped down to the bare necessities. very raw and gorgeous.

To the very chaotic colors of MX. layers and layers. sometimes coming together very nicely...sometimes not.

Bands change, if you don't like it, ok. Maybe one day they change to something you like, up to now I like all the "coldplays".

honestly speaking, Mylo Xyloto is probably one of the greatest albums they have recorded.

Thank you COLDPLAY for your stunning music!!!