✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

Seriously! Every band changes! Even though they will be damned if they did and damned if they didn't. And you're seriously judging a song by its lyrics, you gotta be kidden me. Theres another part of a song thats important, beats! So you guys wanna be depressed because obviously you hate happy songs :angry:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously! Every band changes! Even though they will be damned if they did and damned if they didn't. And you're seriously judging a song by its lyrics, you gotta be kidden me. Theres another part of a song thats important, beats! So you guys wanna be depressed because obviously you hate happy songs :angry:

sigged

And you're seriously judging a song by its lyrics, you gotta be kidden me. Theres another part of a song thats important, beats! So you guys wanna be depressed because obviously you hate happy songs :angry:
:huh: --> :freak:

I think everything Coldplay does is absolutely brilliant. Some people can be so overly critical and ready to pull them down. If you don't like what you hear, f... off and listen to something else. I love everything they've produced, all of their very first music right up to MX. No other music has ever touched me so much, including ETIAW.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, when I first heared the song, I was like - what. the. fuck?! Is this Coldplay?

This shit sounds like Rihanna! (How very prophetic of me. :lol:)

And I pretty much didn't listen to it until the album droped.

Then somehow everything fell into place, I fell in love with the album instantly.

Are they not alowed to be happy? Should they never change? No and no.

Change is a crucial part of longevity. They have to change to stay interesting.

Now I truly adore Teardrop and MX. It's overwhelmingly positive.

When I listen to it I just wanna cuddle someone and smother them to death. :dazzled: :D

But... Just how the hell did they find this song? xD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgq1g-2cQ54]Peter Allen - I go to Rio - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...

When the single was first released I was surprised, but I found it well. As soon as Paradise was released I started listening to the new singles daily, and Mylo Xyloto had become a thrilling album.

A user on YouTube quoted:

"Coldplay are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

This is correct. Every album of Coldplay has been different from the other. When X&Y was released it brought a very different style, and it turned out great. Coldplay's next album will most likely be different from the past too. If you cannot accept Coldplay to become different, then you are not a real fan. You cannot expect someone to always do the exact same year after year.

I found "I go to Rio" very entertaining. I have a theory that this bright, nice mood that the this song gave the basic concept of Mylo Xyloto. You go Peter Allen!

When the single was first released I was surprised, but I found it well. As soon as Paradise was released I started listening to the new singles daily, and Mylo Xyloto had become a thrilling album.

A user on YouTube quoted:

"Coldplay are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

This is correct. Every album of Coldplay has been different from the other. When X&Y was released it brought a very different style, and it turned out great. Coldplay's next album will most likely be different from the past too. If you cannot accept Coldplay to become different, then you are not a real fan. You cannot expect someone to always do the exact same year after year.

I found "I go to Rio" very entertaining. I have a theory that this bright, nice mood that the this song gave the basic concept of Mylo Xyloto. You go Peter Allen!

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is a song that can prove everyone that "downfall" is not in the vocabulary of Coldplay^^

Maybe my opinion doesnt matter or whatever, but you guys just need to chill out.

Theres a pattern here, people who love this album say things like "Musicians change sound, and they are still Coldplay!" or "You cant determine a song with just the lyrics!" and my favorite "If you dont like everything Coldplay has done you are not a true fan!"

And the people who hate this album says things like;

"I really don´t like how they needed to get Rihanna or trying to make popular music!"

"the fucking lyrics suck ass every teardrop is a waterfall WTF" or "I really miss the music they used to do.. why cant they just be Parachutes forever?"

All of these opinions are wrong.

All of these opinions are also, true. You know why? Because they are opinions. You cant determine wether one is true or false. Unless its proved with a fact or something. When it comes to music, some people base it on lyrics, some on the beat, some if its a happy song, if its a sad song, if it has feelings, if its expirimental enough, if its mainstream, if its underground to see if they like it or think its good. You cant judge someone if they like it or they if they hate it.

Personally, I dont like it. I dont like this direction, but what if they make 2 bad albums and then maybe after that you like the next 3 or maybe the next 5? What if this is a downfall but just for a couple of albums? Every band had their bad years but maybe they might pull through. Maybe you need to just not focus so much on a band you liked for a long time and just wait till they get an album out that reaches your attention. Im getting sick of these threads that are saying that its the best album of all time instead of "Its my alltime favorite" no! its "THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM YET!" and people who say that they hate the new album.. or fuck they dont even say that, they just name the damn title "COLDPLAY: GREATEST DOWNFALL IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC" Do you not know how exagerated that sounds? Sure I probably joke around and say that this album sucks, but I know as long as there one person that likes this album in the world I cant say that its shit, but at the end its just my opinion, even if I feel highly strong about it.

.. but actually all of this Im saying is an opinion.. so its all a contradiction. Simply dont be an exagerated asshole.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I absolutely love it. I really can't stand people who seem to live in the past. Get over it, bands change, it's Coldplay. They change with pretty much every new album. Hey, it's not their best song, but I still love it.

^AMEN!!

To all you people constantly Coldplay bashing, I joined Coldplaying because I love Coldplay and would like to celebrate them...but it seems people like the ones who created this thread just joined only to go on and on and on about what all Coldplay needs to change. And people like you all who just moan really tick me off. I love Coldplay. And even if they never do another great song again (which, I have all the faith in the world in them, and no amount of others putting down CP is going to change that), they've already given the world enough amazing music to make them absolutely timeless, so I always will love them. And I feel that this opinion of mine is valid since I am on COLDPLAYING (being a fansite FOR Coldplay) and all...

Ive always loved Coldplay and always will i mean your not going to satisfy everyone and i think bands when they go in to record an album they are well aware of that , but change is necessary cause the way i think about it for a band it has to be hard trying new stuff while staying true to fans that and i dont want this to come across as harsh but there the ones creating the music and if there happy im happy peace.:D

• 1 month later...
When I listen to music, I look for bands that can write songs that I don't think I'd be capable of writing if I put 100% of my effort into it. I want to hear bridges and choruses that make me think, "wow, I never thought of that... these are professionals".

I could have written this song. No problem.

Then why didn't you?:rolleyes:

Maybe my opinion doesnt matter or whatever, but you guys just need to chill out.

Theres a pattern here, people who love this album say things like "Musicians change sound, and they are still Coldplay!" or "You cant determine a song with just the lyrics!" and my favorite "If you dont like everything Coldplay has done you are not a true fan!"

And the people who hate this album says things like;

"I really don´t like how they needed to get Rihanna or trying to make popular music!"

"the fucking lyrics suck ass every teardrop is a waterfall WTF" or "I really miss the music they used to do.. why cant they just be Parachutes forever?"

All of these opinions are wrong.

All of these opinions are also, true. You know why? Because they are opinions. You cant determine wether one is true or false. Unless its proved with a fact or something. When it comes to music, some people base it on lyrics, some on the beat, some if its a happy song, if its a sad song, if it has feelings, if its expirimental enough, if its mainstream, if its underground to see if they like it or think its good. You cant judge someone if they like it or they if they hate it.

Personally, I dont like it. I dont like this direction, but what if they make 2 bad albums and then maybe after that you like the next 3 or maybe the next 5? What if this is a downfall but just for a couple of albums? Every band had their bad years but maybe they might pull through. Maybe you need to just not focus so much on a band you liked for a long time and just wait till they get an album out that reaches your attention. Im getting sick of these threads that are saying that its the best album of all time instead of "Its my alltime favorite" no! its "THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM YET!" and people who say that they hate the new album.. or fuck they dont even say that, they just name the damn title "COLDPLAY: GREATEST DOWNFALL IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC" Do you not know how exagerated that sounds? Sure I probably joke around and say that this album sucks, but I know as long as there one person that likes this album in the world I cant say that its shit, but at the end its just my opinion, even if I feel highly strong about it.

.. but actually all of this Im saying is an opinion.. so its all a contradiction. Simply dont be an exagerated asshole.

Exactly! :smug:

People need to respect others' viewpoints. That said, people also need to stop acting like:

A. their personal viewpoint is the only objective reality

B. The band somehow only have the right to make a certain kind of music

C. They know with absolute certainty what was in the band's mind when they created a certain song

I really try to respect people's opinions when thy say they don't like MX, but a lot of the "arguements" against it are variations on one of the 3 points above, and I simply can't respect any position that builds from one of those points.